MAIN FORUM

Comments

• cheezpizza

Is it wrong to load up on Shalke today vs Maribor?
    Or have Aguero in all of my lineups?
    I’d like to read some thoughts on today.

• badgerdores

@DSMatt said...

we put up Qs for the Boxing Day Contest

;-)

Holy crap, so you did! So if the Equalizer is going to be 25K on Boxing Day, what about the Boot?

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

YES! Was hoping for a massive Equalizer. Much more bankroll friendly!

• cjhopkins07

@DSMatt said...

we put up Qs for the Boxing Day Contest

;-)

ajfbppfbpnvjefnqjbnqb

I am so pumped for this contest on Boxing Day, it is EXACTLY the tournament size and buyin i had in mind and was rooting for. Massive thanks to DraftKings for throwing it out there.

Also, massive kudos on filling the Golden Boot so early, can only be good for the game in general. Great to see.

• einars

@Craptor said...

Listen, just cause I come off as callous and egotistical doesn’t mean I’m not a fair business man. It’s the holiday season after all.

Note – not playing in the 20k since i didn’t win any qualifiers (fu onyx for tying me) so you would get the lineup im most confident in and there would be no conflict of interest.

I am in a work meeting all afternoon so if i actually had a ticket i would take you up on that lol

• onyxmeth

@Craptor said...

Listen, just cause I come off as callous and egotistical doesn’t mean I’m not a fair business man. It’s the holiday season after all.

Note – not playing in the 20k since i didn’t win any qualifiers (fu onyx for tying me) so you would get the lineup im most confident in and there would be no conflict of interest.

I’m the one who should be pissed. I would have had two entries! Lol. $100 cash still isn’t bad though.

I concur that 5% for Craptor’s optimal lineup in the Boot is a good deal.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

@badgerdores said...

Holy crap, so you did! So if the Equalizer is going to be 25K on Boxing Day, what about the Boot?

Wouldnt expect anything all that big. The $27 league is the big promo for the day

• badgerdores

@DSMatt said...

Wouldnt expect anything all that big. The $27 league is the big promo for the day

Just thought I’d ask. Could be wrong, but would think qualifiers are much more important for Boot since it’s out of some people’s price range and given it takes less entries to fill the Q’s would fill a much higher percentage of a Boot GPP.

Anyway, I think the next UCL games aren’t til February – hoping 25K Boot becomes the standard for those.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

Slate won’t be as fun anymore with less teams and less games per day. We’ll see.

Fun to see soccer grow over the last few weeks though. More midweek EPL games on the calendar will be welcomed as well

• DavisMattek

This is a long way off, but when the Champs leagues come back there will be a lower number of games (less teams involved) so perhaps running 2 day slates is the way to go?

• badgerdores

@Davis Mattek said...

This is a long way off, but when the Champs leagues come back there will be a lower number of games (less teams involved) so perhaps running 2 day slates is the way to go?

Yep, that’s what I think. And while there will be less teams, I think the slate becomes more fun because all the minnows are gone.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

it’s definitely something to consider, but in general I think the appeal is for the one day slates

it will be up for discussion though

• kswan613

RG Overall Ranking

+1 2 day events

• Craptor

@onyxmeth said...

I’m the one who should be pissed. I would have had two entries! Lol. $100 cash still isn’t bad though.

I concur that 5% for Craptor’s optimal lineup in the Boot is a good deal.

Guess offer is avail to anyone would prefer a non reg since im less likely to play them and give away plays., stipulation is that you do not enter it into any other contests.

• feartheturtle

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 DraftKings King of the Beach Finalist

+1 2 day events as well

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@DSMatt said...

Slate won’t be as fun anymore with less teams and less games per day. We’ll see.

Fun to see soccer grow over the last few weeks though. More midweek EPL games on the calendar will be welcomed as well

You should think about a Sunday slate with the late games from different European Leagues.

Of course EPL is the most familiar League for most, but when the slate is small or when some games don’t have big teams involved, I feel adding a Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern or AC Milan game could work and would help everyone if you leave the EPL Monday game out.

Example – Sunday 12/14
    Manchester United – Liverpool
    Swansea – Tottenham
    Monaco-Marseille
    AC Milan – Napoli
    Real Sociedad – Bilbao
    Bayer Leverkusen – Borussia

I think that is an attractive slate for the soccer fan!

• leafs93

draft kings is by far big enough that if you can run thursday nfl contest and 1pm only, 4pm, primetime bullshit, you should have no issues putting out a one day only slates for tuesday and wednesday champions league and a combination slate with both, the demand is there only draw back is longer wait for payouts, fine dont play the combination slate play the tuesday wednesday only just my opinion though.

• AntFer

Does anyone know if anyone is gonna do a review of todays soccer games? Those are always very helpful for info on who to start..

• Varncass

CBB/CFB Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2014 RG Season Champion: CBB

Check your PMs Craptor…

• hendry

@badgerdores said...

Yep, that’s what I think. And while there will be less teams, I think the slate becomes more fun because all the minnows are gone.

with 1 day slates theres 8 teams to pick from. with 8 games on a slate is there really 16 teams to pick from? i guess there is, but 8 teams with viable options isnt much different than 16 where half have little to no plays.

• leafs93

yes for the 4 round of 16 matchdays that may work still more exciting with 16 teams to chose from more salary freedom less restriction more unique roster construction less overlap and ownership % more likley to multi enter with 16 teams to chose from .. again just my opinion no reason why they cant run the 3 slate idea i eluded to earlier its done in almost every other sport and works fine

• Tsw1999

Surely, Ajax has the most likely clean sheet. Right?

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

@DSMatt said...

it’s definitely something to consider, but in general I think the appeal is for the one day slates

it will be up for discussion though

NFL works alright with multi-day slates. I think you should run normal 1-day and experiment with some 2-day slate GPP’s too. I’d greatly prefer the latter!

• deactivated24336

Is there an article today Buffalo?

• deactivated24336

@onestrawhat said...

Is there an article today Buffalo?

_

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

NFL isn’t exactly on the same playing field as soccer is

we’ll see what we decide… appreciate everyone’s input as always

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).