STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• Bobbyboom

What kind of strategies are you guys throwing out?

Loving all the world class wingbacks this slate- going to target using 3 in most l/us

Im looking at Arsenal, Atletico, City mid/striker combo stacks for gpp

Barca/Man city looks like a high scoring one. I see Juv aiming for clean sheet at home and Atletico playing for a scoreless draw on the road. Arsenal are the biggest favorites and I don’t see Monaco scoring.

Really like:
    -Koke if he goes, Turan solid replacement. Mandzukic/Griezmann
    -Tevez’s price 8.1
    -The value in Citys midfield (Navas 5, Nasri 4.9) with no Yaya
    -Giroud

Juvie forces the most fouls-will be looking at their mids – Pogba 5.3? sign me up

Anyone on Torres? Reus?

Could see Aguero and Messi going back and forth….probably going to use cheaper Neymar to get Messi exposure

Not playing any Monaco or any Leverkusen.

• leafs93

im 100% fan bias love the german league esp. there top 2 teams the past 3 years so im stacking dortmund to fit messi and probably using 3 backs aswell

• Bobbyboom

@leafs93 said...

im 100% fan bias love the german league esp. there top 2 teams the past 3 years so im stacking dortmund to fit messi and probably using 3 backs aswell

good midfield in Dortmund … I like P-E-A .. plays like hes on P-E-D’s! lol. Reus too haha

• leafs93

reus could give usian bolt a run for his money in the 200m

• Bobbyboom

@leafs93 said...

reus could give usian bolt a run for his money in the 200m

reus Is missing his buddy boy Mario ….Aubameyang is a speedster too

• Bigo1

Don’t fully get the Mondogoal slate this time. Only Qs for Tue/Wed games. The breakaway makes little sense tonight considering the prices (not even sure I can get 11 starters).

• onyxmeth

Last slate looked like blowout city, and was anything but that. This one looks like a string of draws and 1-0 type matches, so we’ll probably end up with a series of blowouts. Lol. I’m not in love with the matchups. I don’t see anyone with a brace on this slate, making it hard to justify spending beyond 9K for any individual player. I’m expecting forwards to disappoint and mids to save the day.

On a different, but soccer related topic, if you guys go on the Rotogrinders rankings tab and click on soccer, do you get a blank page like I do? I can see my own soccer results on my profile page, and I can see anyone else’s results on their page, but there doesn’t seem to be any list generated under soccer.

• badgerdores

Rankings aren’t working for soccer. Didn’t even realize they were there. My guess is they were recently added and can’t pull in historical data so will start ranking soon?

Regarding today, trying to get my head around Barca City game flow. City have to win as they are toast if they goto Camp Nou needing to win. So does this mean they’ll push forward? That would be a disaster on the scale of Bayern Madrid last season. Barca’s front three with space on the counter wouldn’t have any problems putting up multiple goals. There is just not way City can boss the midfield enough to prevent getting killed on the counter. So this makes me think City will sit back and try to counter themselves.

I keep going back on forth on this and given all the big forwards are so expensive I might fade this game entirely. The second leg will be much easier to predict.

Dortmund Juve is a freaking coin flip. Who knows what Klopp team shows up. In Germany I would like Klopp’s teams chances, but Italian teams are so good defensively at home and Juve is the best one they got. Leaning towards 1-0 Juve but don’t feel great about that call either.

• Craptor

all games seem fairly even, though a couple have high scoring potential.

• leafs93

suarez should feel the most comfortable of all the players on the road, lets just hope his pre-game meal fills him up

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

I so loved Atletico’s midfield, but Turan is now a doubt, Koke is likely out, and it’s MAYBE Niguez and Raul Garcia on the outside. Get your pivots ready.

• Bobbyboom

@BuffloSoldier said...

I so loved Atletico’s midfield, but Turan is now a doubt, Koke is likely out, and it’s MAYBE Niguez and Raul Garcia on the outside. Get your pivots ready.

Yeah same here super bummed.. Turan all of a sudden. Suarez is good enough. Hearing ansaldi is fit now too at back, if he goes im all in with moya

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

Miranda has the flu, so it might be a backline (from right to left) of Juanfran, Miranda/Gimenez, Godin and Ansaldi/Siquiera.

Gimenez is a min play.

• leafs93

athletico also has a very important league match with sevilla this coming weekend something to keep in mind at the very least. Dortmund also meets schalke 04 in there next league match but seeing as the top 4 has virtually slide by them they should be focused.

• badgerdores

I want to fade Messi for Kun, but just can’t make myself do it. Both take PK’s, but Neymar or Suarez could easily be stars for Barca where if City is going to win it’s really gotta be Kun. Guess, I’ll just make a 6th LU, but my main cash one is killing me. Think the Treble is far more likely going to be won by someone that rosters Kun, Neymar or Suarez, but which one?

At the end of the day I just have to go with what I said Dec 4th in my one and only Rotogrinders Blog post,

“when it comes to Champions League Messi and Ronaldo are must plays. They are two players unlike any others with the highest of floors and ceilings. DK isn’t building enough premium into their price to fade them expect in a GPP and even then it’s not the best of ideas.”

Yeah, CR7 got one last week so surely Messi will get one today. No chance in hell he’ll ever let Neymar take another PK after his miss.

• Bobbyboom

Claude Giroud for the win!

• acesedy

Yeah I feel like Messi and Aguero both have goals in them. If I’m picking between Neymar and Suarez I go with Suarez since he has a lot of experience playing in EPL and against City in big matches. Also David Silva coming into great form, I can see the spaniard scoring.

Who will be Tevez’s striking partner. Thought it was going to be Llorente but I’ve read a lot about Llorente starting their last league match because Morato, who is in great form, was to be rested for this game.

If so, he should be a good GPP option.

• gjtgjtgjt

Dumb question, but what time to lineups usually come out?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

45-50 minutes before start

• gjtgjtgjt

@Unico10 said...

45-50 minutes before start

Thanks

• zinyzo

For the life of me I can’t get a read on this Barca game DFS wise. I really want to fade Messi and all of Barca for that matter but I just don’t know if I can. City sounds like they will be going for it today but does that make them vulnerable from the back? 1-1 seems most likely I’d say.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

From everything coming from Italian papers/sources, it’s supposed to be Morata. Allegri could swerve, of course.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26225904

Barca had 68.4% possession in the first leg at the Etihad last season. Of course, Martino was a bit more of the Pep school, but still.

• Bobbyboom

Aces- heard Morata too …dirt cheap if he gets the start and super productive over Llorente for sure

• Bobbyboom

Aces- heard Morata too …dirt cheap if he gets the start and super productive over Llorente for sure

• gjtgjtgjt

Pogba or Marchiso, the question of the ages….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).