STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• Bobbyboom

What kind of strategies are you guys throwing out?

Loving all the world class wingbacks this slate- going to target using 3 in most l/us

Im looking at Arsenal, Atletico, City mid/striker combo stacks for gpp

Barca/Man city looks like a high scoring one. I see Juv aiming for clean sheet at home and Atletico playing for a scoreless draw on the road. Arsenal are the biggest favorites and I don’t see Monaco scoring.

Really like:
    -Koke if he goes, Turan solid replacement. Mandzukic/Griezmann
    -Tevez’s price 8.1
    -The value in Citys midfield (Navas 5, Nasri 4.9) with no Yaya
    -Giroud

Juvie forces the most fouls-will be looking at their mids – Pogba 5.3? sign me up

Anyone on Torres? Reus?

Could see Aguero and Messi going back and forth….probably going to use cheaper Neymar to get Messi exposure

Not playing any Monaco or any Leverkusen.

• acesedy

Yes. I’ve seen them both already.

The difference is the Messi cross was fully blocked by the defender and then Suarez subsequently finds the rebound and scores.

Where as one could argue the Morata cross was was intended for Tevez and was deflected by the keeper (not blocked or saved) and got through to him eventually to complete the assist.

• gjtgjtgjt

@zinyzo said...

I just watched both goals again to confirm, that has to be a Messi assist if it’s an Morata assist. Really, I don’t see how it’s a Morata assist, he shot it and it was saved and Tevez finished it. A rebound off a shot is not an assist. If anything, Messi deserves an assist more than Morata.

Please read my prior FIFA posted assists for how assists are awarded, it most certainly can be an assist on a rebounded shot attempt and this is not new. Yes, it is subjective, but not outside the realm of normal scoring (it is actually pretty inline, although as I said, it’s all pretty subjective based on how it’s written.

• leafs93

@gjtgjtgjt said...

No, it wasn’t, that assist was an assist based on FIFA rules, sorry you are in denial. I could care less what ESPN says, they screw up stats all the time.

no one gives a shit about fifa rules , we care about draftkings rules, and for the entire season that exact play has not been a assist simple as that.

• acesedy

The two main distinctions from the plays are:

1. Full block vs. Deflection

2. Defender touch vs. Keeper touch

So maybe the criteria for one being an assist and the other not is within those differences.

• gjtgjtgjt

@leafs93 said...

no one gives a shit about fifa rules , we care about draftkings rules, and for the entire season that exact play has not been a assist simple as that.

There are no “draftkings” rules for scoring, they take feeds off an official scorer (and that goes for any sport). Your judgement of a play and how it relates to other similar plays is of no consequence…Can you take back the second yellow on Clichey and restart the game since I have seen similar challenges not yellow, and then subsequently red carded? It does affect scoring on Draftkings so it must be legit, right? And since UEFA is a member of FIFA, any contest played is governed by FIFA’s rules, so I’m not even sure why you wouldn’t care about FIFA. Good gosh

• einars

@leafs93 said...

for the entire season draftkings has scored it as “whatever stats inc says”…honestly they need to stick with their (somewhat frustrating) stance of “whatever stats inc says”. otherwise they need to go to every scoring stat of this slate and manually review…which is crazy

• Bobbyboom

@acesedy said...

Perhaps it was an assist because it wasn’t a SOG from Morata and wasn’t touched by a defender (unlike Messi pass).

Was Morata credited with a SOG on that play? Was the keeper credited with a save on that play? If no, I can see how they would give that as an assist and not Messi.

I’m not saying that the Morata assist is consistent with previous results, but that could be the difference between the criteria for the Messi non-assist vs. Morata assist.

Disclaimer: I do have Morata in some key lines.

son you have Leo in all your lines too – think they should give him the asst and give you all the monies!!! you’re bouts to take down the equalizer

disclaimer: I have morata and messi too and feel messi should technically get an “assist” too if morata got one …he delievered the shot/ball.. no one else did

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

@gjtgjtgjt said...

There are no “draftkings” rules for scoring, they take feeds off an official scorer (and that goes for any sport). Your judgement of a play and how it relates to other similar plays is of no consequence…Can you take back the second yellow on Clichey and restart the game since I have seen similar challenges not yellow, and then subsequently red carded? It does affect scoring on Draftkings so it must be legit, right? And since UEFA is a member of FIFA, any contest played is governed by FIFA’s rules, so I’m not even sure why you wouldn’t care about FIFA. Good gosh

You are missing the point. There are inconsistencies between this scoring decision, from their stats provider, and prior decisions this year. This particular one flies in the face of the precedent. It also would seem to be inconsistent with regards to how the one Messi to Suarez goal was scored as well. Furthermore, the DK Rep came in this thread and stated that he expected the play NOT to be ruled an assist, because that’s how they had been ruled all year.

I don’t want this to devolve into FIFA rules mattering or not, but I believe most of your post to be tangential to the main argument I am presenting.

• leafs93

^^^^^+1

• gjtgjtgjt

@Bobbyboom said...

son you have Leo in all your lines too – think they should give him the asst and give you all the monies!!! you’re bouts to take down the equalizer

disclaimer: I have morata and messi too and feel messi should technically get an “assist” too if morata got one …he delievered the shot/ball.. no one else did

I said that when it happened, I agree I have no clue why one is and one isn’t, but on the same token, Perry Ellis was credited with a rebound 2 nights back at the end of a game where he never controlled the ball, it bounced off his hand and into a teammates and that cost me money. Again, it has nothing to do with Draftkings, the official scorer decided it was a rebound, so we are stuck with it. If stats inc has the official scorer tabulation as an assist, we can yell until we are blue in the face, but if DK decides to one off change it based on yelling, it would be an utter catastrophe a day later and would lead me to reconsider using their site since the inconsistency would be appalling compared to how every other scoring item is handled in every sport. Just because this is a 2 day tourney, doesn’t make doing the wrong thing right. And yes, changing your scoring practices is doing the wrong thing, as if this were a one day, it would have paid out. I’m sure if I tried to contest the Perry Ellis thing above, they would fall back on this is what stats inc sent us, and if that is their line and rules (and it is in their TOS) stick with it.

• leafs93

@einars said...

for the entire season draftkings has scored it as “whatever stats inc says”…honestly they need to stick with their (somewhat frustrating) stance of “whatever stats inc says”.

Yes but this case has come up in the past when a player has kicked it off the goalie and then had it subsequently been put into the net and had stats inc. set a precedent of no goal and draftkings saying whatever stats says holds true was fine. its that now the exact same situation is now being scored differently by stats in the mid season.

• pep4464

Haha some guy who shows up this week tells me I’m wrong lmfao!!! I didn’t say anything about espn so if you want to personally attack me again go ahead but you sound like a ignorant jackass. THE BALL WAS HIT BY THE GOALIE AND THAT MAKES It NOT AN ASSIST.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

At this point, STATS has the play scored as an assist to Morata. The official UEFA site also has this being the case.

We (DraftKings) don’t make the final call on what is an assist or not (regardless of our personal opinion on the matter).

I originally expected the assist the be removed because that’s what had happened in the past. UEFA has kept the assist as such and I believe it will remain this way.

• pep4464

wow can’t believe that is staying an assist I want my epl assist back from a couple weeks ago lol

• gjtgjtgjt

@pdidawg82 said...

You are missing the point. There are inconsistencies between this scoring decision, from their stats provider, and prior decisions this year. This particular one flies in the face of the precedent. It also would seem to be inconsistent with regards to how the one Messi to Suarez goal was scored as well. Furthermore, the DK Rep came in this thread and stated that he expected the play NOT to be ruled an assist, because that’s how they had been ruled all year.

I don’t want this to devolve into FIFA rules mattering or not, but I believe most of your post to be tangential to the main argument I am presenting.

Who cares what the rep said? They are governed by their TOS, not what someone said he thought (he never made any assurances) on some message board. If their stats provider has the official scoring as an assist, they shouldn’t use their discretion to change it based on their perception of the play (although, in reality, the legalese in their TOS gives them the right to do whatever they please). My post is exactly addressing your point, you somehow believe that your perception of a play in relation to another play is a valid change argument. It doesn’t matter what you (or I) think, it matters what the official scorer that Stats inc. uses.

• einars

@Birnbach said...

At this point, STATS has the play scored as an assist to Morata. The official UEFA site also has this being the case.

We (DraftKings) don’t make the final call on what is an assist or not (regardless of our personal opinion on the matter).

I originally expected the assist the be removed because that’s what had happened in the past. UEFA has kept the assist as such and I believe it will remain this way.

imo this was the only thing DK could do base on prior reliance on stats scoring (regardless of what it looked like).

on an unrelated note. Thanks Birnbach for constantly getting on here and interacting in the threads!!

• ScoutyScoop

@einars said...

imo this was the only thing DK could do base on prior reliance on stats scoring (regardless of what it looked like).

on an unrelated note. Thanks Birnbach for constantly getting on here and interacting in the threads!!

Agree with this

• leafs93

@Birnbach said...

so now we need to decipher between uefa and epl judgments to know what will earn us points or not, this soccer product has been a joke all along but is getting to the point where pulling the plug until you have a component product looks to be the best move, thank god all competitions are almost over and i can safely continue sitting out until next year. Go Bayern!

• onyxmeth

There’s nothing you guys can do about it Birnbach. Just remember in the offseason to recall these instances and consider a provider change. Stats Inc. does plenty of other sports well, but they can’t handle soccer. Opta would open up the scoring, be more consistent, and would allow for additional competitions like La Liga and Bundesliga.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@onyxmeth said...

There’s nothing you guys can do about it Birnbach. Just remember in the offseason to recall these instances and consider a provider change. Stats Inc. does plenty of other sports well, but they can’t handle soccer. Opta would open up the scoring, be more consistent, and would allow for additional competitions like La Liga and Bundesliga.

This is the only answer to all of this. I’m not sure why everyone gets so mad at Draftkings. Maybe STATS wasn’t the best choice for Soccer. But it would of been pretty hard for them to know that considering STATS is the best for pretty much every other sport.

Look to make a change next year…

• gjtgjtgjt

@pep4464 said...

Haha some guy who shows up this week tells me I’m wrong lmfao!!! I didn’t say anything about espn so if you want to personally attack me again go ahead but you sound like a ignorant jackass. THE BALL WAS HIT BY THE GOALIE AND THAT MAKES It NOT AN ASSIST.

I’ll change this because it wasn’t very nice, even if I don’t like being cursed at for having a different opinion.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@onyxmeth said...

+1

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

@gjtgjtgjt said...

Who cares what the rep said? They are governed by their TOS, not what someone said he thought (he never made any assurances) on some message board. If their stats provider has the official scoring as an assist, they shouldn’t use their discretion to change it based on their perception of the play (although, in reality, the legalese in their TOS gives them the right to do whatever they please). My post is exactly addressing your point, you somehow believe that your perception of a play in relation to another play is a valid change argument. It doesn’t matter what you (or I) think, it matters what the official scorer that Stats inc. uses.

Bringing up FIFA rules had nothing to do with my point.

My perception of the play has NOTHING to do with my argument. Absolutely nothing.

And I never said they should overrule STATS and change it. If I did, please quote me and I’ll stand corrected.

I would like someone to address why this play is an assist and other similar plays have not been, besides “STATS says so.” But it’s clear that that’s not going to happen. Fine.

I did not expect them to change anything at this point. I would just like a little clarification. It seems like it’s just going to be a guessing game from this point forward, so good luck everyone.

• pep4464

@gjtgjtgjt said...

Yep, because you are and you’re going to lose money because of it. So pull up your pampers, little boy, or at least ask you parents for a diaper change, your crying and lashing out isn’t cute.

Haha I’m really worried about my $10 in bets this soccer slate.

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

And next year it’s quite possible that they’ll be using OPTA, who did not award an assist for that play. So we get to do this all again!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).