STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• Bobbyboom

What kind of strategies are you guys throwing out?

Loving all the world class wingbacks this slate- going to target using 3 in most l/us

Im looking at Arsenal, Atletico, City mid/striker combo stacks for gpp

Barca/Man city looks like a high scoring one. I see Juv aiming for clean sheet at home and Atletico playing for a scoreless draw on the road. Arsenal are the biggest favorites and I don’t see Monaco scoring.

Really like:
    -Koke if he goes, Turan solid replacement. Mandzukic/Griezmann
    -Tevez’s price 8.1
    -The value in Citys midfield (Navas 5, Nasri 4.9) with no Yaya
    -Giroud

Juvie forces the most fouls-will be looking at their mids – Pogba 5.3? sign me up

Anyone on Torres? Reus?

Could see Aguero and Messi going back and forth….probably going to use cheaper Neymar to get Messi exposure

Not playing any Monaco or any Leverkusen.

• Craptor

@gjtgjtgjt said...

Yep, because you are and you’re going to lose money because of it. So pull up your pampers, little boy, or at least ask you parents for a diaper change, your crying and lashing out isn’t cute. And I never personally attacked you, moron. But since you went there in your crying temper tantrum, I will now.

Ya if it’s just going to stand for this one situation it’s dumb and pretty bad by STATS. Pretty frustrating knowing how many times I’ve missed out on significant pay jumps due to this exact scenario not counting as an assist.

• pep4464

• gjtgjtgjt

@pdidawg82 said...

Bringing up FIFA rules had nothing to do with my point.

My perception of the play has NOTHING to do with my argument. Absolutely nothing.

And I never said they should overrule STATS and change it. If I did, please quote me and I’ll stand corrected.

I would like someone to address why this play is an assist and other similar plays have not been, besides “STATS says so.” But it’s clear that that’s not going to happen. Fine.

I did not expect them to change anything at this point. I would just like a little clarification. It seems like it’s just going to be a guessing game from this point forward, so good luck everyone.

I don’t understand this whole post, I mentioned FIFA scoring solely to give you a reason why this was scored this way. That is the only reason that matters. Per FIFA, it can be ruled an assist. In official scoring, there are always plays that can be questioned, the same way I brought up yellow cards, due to subjectivity in these matters. The same in any sport. I’d love to clarify further, but you seem very set in what you believe. Best of luck to you as well.

• tomac

Now that that’s been cleared up, can we talk about the possibility that it was an own goal :)

• acesedy

Maybe it was really this simple:

Maybe STATS Inc just uses EPL and UEFA scoring to dictate their own scoring results. Therefore, the true inconsistency lies between EPL and UEFA?

• gjtgjtgjt

@Craptor said...

Ya if it’s just going to stand for this one situation it’s dumb and pretty bad by STATS. Pretty frustrating knowing how many times I’ve missed out on significant pay jumps due to this exact scenario not counting as an assist.

It sucks, and I feel for people when this happens, I seem to be on the wrong end of it often. Sorry to hear, I’m just pointing out why it needs to stand, but I’m not really a fan of how much subjectivity goes into a stat that is HUGE in soccer.

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

This decision makes what has already been a very subjective scoring system even more-so, and I’m not sure that that’s good for the game. 1 subjective rebounding decision can absolutely make a huge different in GPP’s, but it’s likely only going to affect about .28% of your point total. Assists are worth (obviously over-generalizing here) about 5% of a good lineup’s total in soccer, and that’s going to cause MUCH bigger swings.

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

@gjtgjtgjt said...

It sucks, and I feel for people when this happens, I seem to be on the wrong end of it often. Sorry to hear, I’m just pointing out why it needs to stand, but I’m not really a fan of how much subjectivity goes into a stat that is HUGE in soccer.

Posted at the same time, but see, we agree on something!

• gjtgjtgjt

@pdidawg82 said...

Posted at the same time, but see, we agree on something!

As someone who is still about 0-23 in objection/stewards inquiry in either direction at the track, how could I not agree on that;) Now back to today, any goalies other than Moya stand out?

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

New fun game: guess which player will have a questionable assist call given or not given today!

My guess: Bellarabi.

• pep4464

haha my guess is Ospina

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

FWIW, raining in Leverkusen.

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@BuffloSoldier said...

FWIW, raining in Leverkusen.

That’s going to make it much harder to do the 5* skill moves and keep possession…at least that’s what happens on FIFA15 when it rains.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

Lineups from Leverkusen: Turan, Miranda, Siqueira in.

• Bobbyboom

Atleti starting IX: Moya, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Siqueira; Arda Turan, Gabi, Tiago, Saul; Griezmann, Mandzukic

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

Wendell and Hilbert outside back for Bayer. Drmic starts up top.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

Arsenal: Gibbs, Welbeck in. Monreal, Walcott not.

Monaco: Kurzawa on bench. Silva, too. (BEEP)

• rbondo

Moya/Juanfran or Ospina/Bellerin?

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

Fabinho as a central mid?

• Bobbyboom

@BuffloSoldier said...

Fabinho as a central mid?

me gusta

• AndrewFerris

Who is starting in goal for arsenal?

• gjtgjtgjt

@AndrewFerris said...

Who is starting in goal for arsenal?

Ospina

• rbondo

Ospina

Ospina, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Koscielny, Bellerin, Ozil, Cazorla, Coquelin, Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

I mean, I guess it makes sense that if Monaco is going to park the bus, it wants as many defenders as possible—however, Toure is an 18yo kid—so if Kurzawa is healthy enough to be on the bench, why isn’t he starting?

• acesedy

Gabi, Moutinho, or Ferreira??

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).