STRATEGY FORUM

• Bobbyboom

What kind of strategies are you guys throwing out?

Loving all the world class wingbacks this slate- going to target using 3 in most l/us

Im looking at Arsenal, Atletico, City mid/striker combo stacks for gpp

Barca/Man city looks like a high scoring one. I see Juv aiming for clean sheet at home and Atletico playing for a scoreless draw on the road. Arsenal are the biggest favorites and I don’t see Monaco scoring.

Really like:
    -Koke if he goes, Turan solid replacement. Mandzukic/Griezmann
    -Tevez’s price 8.1
    -The value in Citys midfield (Navas 5, Nasri 4.9) with no Yaya
    -Giroud

Juvie forces the most fouls-will be looking at their mids – Pogba 5.3? sign me up

Anyone on Torres? Reus?

Could see Aguero and Messi going back and forth….probably going to use cheaper Neymar to get Messi exposure

Not playing any Monaco or any Leverkusen.

• acesedy

Dzeko is starting. Immobile is starting with Aub. Morato confirmed.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

@gjtgjtgjt said...

Pogba or Marchiso, the question of the ages….

Pogba, unless you want to be really contrarian.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Juventus lineup: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra; Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal; Tevez, Morata. #UCLonFOX

Dortmund lineup: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer; G√ľndogan, Sahin; Reus, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang; Immobile. #UCLonFOX

Barcelona lineup: Ter Stegen; Dani Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar. #UCLonFOX

Man City lineup: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Fernando, Milner, Nasri, Silva; Dzeko, Aguero.

• zinyzo

City definitely going for it playing Dzeko and Aguero. A early goal sure would open that game up, especially if it’s Barca who scores first.

• acesedy

So is that a 4-4-2 for City with Silva and Nasri on the outside?

• badgerdores

City played back last year and it didn’t work so they are trying something different I guess, but I don’t think it’s going to work. Silva and Nasri out wide??? Just don’t see how this is going to work. Pivoting off of City in most LU and trying to get more exposure to Barca. They might win this fixture today.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@acesedy said...

So is that a 4-4-2 for City with Silva and Nasri on the outside?

I think it will be a 4-4-2 clogged in the middle of the field with Fernando parked in front of the back 4, Milner and Nasri more on the outside but still tight and Silva with more freedom.

Barca is vulnerable if attacked down the middle. May work, may not… but they need to score goal or have no chance at Camp Nou

• acesedy

Well, it’s not the first time I’ve seen Pellegrini use this formation/players. Infact I saw him use it with Toure in the middle and Milner out wide with Silva and it worked well. Milner can play anywhere. They’ll be looking to cross into Dzeko who can be deadly in the air.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

It’s almost man on man—Pique on Dzeko, Aguero vs. Mascherano…..

(adds more Aguero)

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

It’s a bold move for Pellegrini, for the reasons mentioned earlier.

It’s also the kind of moves that get you fired/let go/leave by mutual consent (at the end of the season) if you get beat down.

• deactivated70046

Saurez or Aguero in GPPs?

• mquirog1

Now, with the lineups out. I am torn between Morata and Tevez. I really want to play Tevez, but the price on Morata is too good to pass up on. Choosing Morata also leaves up some $$ to play an Arsenal Forward tomorrow. Overall, I am nervous Morata might get subbed off later. Any thoughts?

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

@chrisn24 said...

Saurez or Aguero in GPPs?

Aguero, I’d say. More of a chance of a goal from him.

• deactivated70046

@BuffloSoldier said...

Aguero, I’d say. More of a chance of a goal from him.

Thanks!

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

@mquirog1 said...

Now, with the lineups out. I am torn between Morata and Tevez. I really want to play Tevez, but the price on Morata is too good to pass up on. Choosing Morata also leaves up some $$ to play an Arsenal Forward tomorrow. Overall, I am nervous Morata might get subbed off later. Any thoughts?

Morata isn’t likely to go 90, no. If Juve goes up, he could get subbed if Allegri wants to hold the ball up more (Llorente) or flood the midfield (leave Tevez up front or put in a more mobile attacker).

• evanpro13

RG Overall Ranking

tevez or giroud?

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

@chrisn24 said...

Thanks!

Don’t get me wrong, both are nice plays—but Suarez is Barca’s Benzema (which isn’t a bad thing, mind you). There’s a clear line of succession, and Leo’s on top, and Neymar eats after.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

@evanpro13 said...

tevez or giroud?

A much harder call—I was burned mult times by Tevez in the group stage. Giroud has the tougher matchup just due to the style of play Monaco put out, but he’s as likely as anyone on Arsenal to find the back of the net.

• mquirog1

@BuffloSoldier said...

Morata isn’t likely to go 90, no. If Juve goes up, he could get subbed if Allegri wants to hold the ball up more (Llorente) or flood the midfield (leave Tevez up front or put in a more mobile attacker).

Thank you Bufflo. One last thought, Evra or Lichtsteiner?

• acesedy

Is Juve playing 4 at the back or 3 at the back and does this affect Lichtsteiner use? Does he usually play wing-back? Please help me with this.

Also where do you guys go to get the formation? Is there a source that puts formations out along with the players?

• mquirog1

@acesedy said...

Is Juve playing 4 at the back or 3 at the back and does this affect Lichtsteiner use? Does he usually play wing-back? Please help me with this.

Also where do you guys go to get the formation? Is there a source that puts formations out along with the players?

download the app “FotMob” it gives you the formations arrangements with all the players. Quite good.

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

@mquirog1 said...

Thank you Bufflo. One last thought, Evra or Lichtsteiner?

Lichtsteiner.

ace: he’s right back in a back four.

• leafs93

I was going to stack dortmunds goalie and defense but just couldnt do it, still grabbed a piece of both sides from that game, hope it goes better than last week

• qatman

Nasri or Alba at flex if I already have Dani Alves?

• BuffloSoldier

RG Soccer Contributor

@qatman said...

Nasri or Alba at flex if I already have Dani Alves?

Hoo boy.

A Barca defense stack would be pretty ballsy. I honestly don’t know where I would go there.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).