PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

CIMB Classic – October 20-23

Justin Thomas got his 1st win here last year – this is not my favourite event and the time change is a pain so I won’t have much action or commentary this week.

I’ll still do the 4 v 4 blog with larin1477 so look for that tomorrow at some point.

Good luck Grinders.

• usna1993

I’m hot – I cashed in the Safeway so I’m probably going to win it all this week – so save yourself time and don’t worry about research – just enter a random lineup and move on to another sport this week…

:)

Actually – Good luck this week to everyone!!

• BIF

Course overview from PGA Tour website

TPC Kuala Lumpur
    Course Par Value: 72 • Course Yardage: 6951
    The beautiful fairways of Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club (KLGCC) are situated just 8 kilometers away from the heart of the city. Originally opened in 1991, the West and East Courses were completely redesigned by renowned international golf course architects E & G Parslow and re-opened in 2008 and 2010, respectively. The course is no stranger to world-class golf, serving as the host of the European Tour and Asian Tour’s co-sanctioned Malaysian Open for the past four years. For three consecutive years, KLGCC has been named as the ‘Golf Club of the Year’ at the annual ParGolf Awards and viewed as the premier country club in all of Malaysia. The West Course offers pristine playing conditions exceptional detail, aesthetic beauty combined with the importance of player strategy – a “flagship” to the future of golf course design and quality of playing mediums in Asia.

• manoffewwords

Looks like good field. With only 80+ players, I assume no cut tourney?

• BIF

@bama16 said...

Looks like good field. With only 80+ players, I assume no cut tourney?

Yah 78 player field and no cut

Lots of birdies and low scores as last year 70 players were -2 or better for the tournament with 36 players being at least -10

• Dewoc19

I’m surprised how strong the field is, I didn’t realize it was a no cut events, that really sucks, hate no cut events. Course is very short, bombers should crush here!!!

• whodat2

They are 13 hours ahead of me here in the central time zone. Guess following this will be like following the Euro tour.

• walkoff9

The schedule really confused me. Last year the shriners was the 2nd event, and then it went overseas for 2 weeks. Was thinking DK made a mistake having roster lock listed as 6AM wednesday.

But even that does not sound right, isn’t it like a 12 hour difference from eastern time? Not 25…

• walkoff9

I get that he finished the season great, but Ryan Moore seems insanely overpriced.

And RCB seems like an auto play to me. About 4 golfers too cheap IMO

• scsa1998

I know we use this thread mainly for DFS purposes but I figured this may be the best place to ask. I just joined a 1 and done pool at work and week 1 is this week. Any strategy for this type of pool.

• kswetnam1342

@scsa1998 said...

I know we use this thread mainly for DFS purposes but I figured this may be the best place to ask. I just joined a 1 and done pool at work and week 1 is this week. Any strategy for this type of pool.

Are you just getting points based off of the money they earn?

If so, I did one last season and finished 4th. My strategy was to look closely into course history. I saved some of the big dogs for the majors, and used some high upside guys in these no cut events.

• kswetnam1342

@ mpetersk

Check your messages and get back to me.

• walkoff9

@scsa1998 said...

It’s important to kind of plan out where you want to use certain guys. That tournament may come and they are not in form so you change, but you don’t want to waste guys early that have courses that they crush at coming up,

I think you can make a strong case for guys like Scott, Reed, Sergio. This is not a weak field, but compared to the tournaments those guys are usually in your getting a chance to pick them when they dont have to face DJ, rory, Day, ect.

• scsa1998

@kswetnam1342 said...

Are you just getting points based off of the money they earn?

If so, I did one last season and finished 4th. My strategy was to look closely into course history. I saved some of the big dogs for the majors, and used some high upside guys in these no cut events.

That is exactly how we do it.

• manoffewwords

Once DK gets all events up, the lock time will be about 6 PM Weds. Would have been fun with 5 AM Fri. Cut sweat

• scsa1998

@bama16 said...

Once DK gets all events up, the lock time will be about 6 PM Weds. Would have been fun with 5 AM Fri. Cut sweat

It would have been really cool

• BIF

@walkoff9 said...

I get that he finished the season great, but Ryan Moore seems insanely overpriced.

Ryan Moore has some sick scoring history, I’m writing about him in the blog so no early spoilers….lol

• Logan7777

@BIF said...

78 player field and no cut

All I could find about how the 78 players are set is “the CIMB Classic 2016 will feature a 78-player elite field, comprising 60 from the PGA Tour, 10 from the Asian Tour and eight sponsor’s exemptions.”

Any idea how the 60 from the PGA tour are determined? First 60 to sign up? Or some other method?

(edit: not necessarily aimed at BIF for an answer if you know)

• manoffewwords

Golf Channel coverage 8:30 to 12:30 Weds.nite CDT. West coast viewers can watch all nite . Of course East coast degenerates can also.

• timusbr

@walkoff9 said...

i respect your golf knowledge walkoff, but I see Moore as hi but could be 1 of the top 5 golfers in the field. borderline but…… and for fantasy golf I got to say that RCB is the overpriced one (IMHO).

Piercy looks attractive but everyone in the 8000,s should be low 7000’s and many of the 7000’s should be 5000’s :)

• sports667

The tour goes to Kuala Lumpor, but that doesn’t stop the forecast for RAIN again on Thursday. Would love to watch live golf from 1030pm-230am Wednesday night. Hope the rain holds off. Weather looks clear on Fri-Sun at least.

• JimKronlund

I am happy with no cuts after last weekend. I also like the change in strategy this presents.
    I hope at least the shorter tropical rain spells will not create the havoc it can over here.

• JimKronlund

RG League NFL Mon-Thurs
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/30150544?eid=520766334
    Surely we can get 5 people for this.
    C’mon RG’ers PARTICIPATE.

• mgravity

I have always done well in the no cut events. Except when I had Na at the tour championship that sucked !

• mallotc93

All over John Daly here, his distance will be a factor

• Logan7777

I took a look at who is playing the CIMB classic and those that played at the Safeway. If I got the numbers correct, 37 of the Safeway players are heading to Malaysia. It’s about a 17 hour flight to Kuala Lumpur from San Francisco. If they got out of SF at midnight last night, they haven’t even landed yet. Add into that the 15 hour time difference. It’s 6 am Tuesday in Kuala Lumpur right now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler