CFB FORUM

Comments

• Elz24

Now that we finally have some salaries up we can get some discussion on players. Some nice size tournys up with a 300 dollar one that is identical to the nfl

FLINT
    @UCF
    6:00PM

UNC
    @SOCAR
    6:00PM

OKST
    @CMU
    7:00PM

WKU
    @VANDB
    8:00PM

MICH
    @UTAH
    8:30PM

OHIO
    @IDAHO
    9:00PM

TCU
    @MINN
    9:00PM

DUKE
    @TLANE
    9:30PM

UTSA
    @ARZNA
    10:00PM

• 100rings

Chitown I was thinking about that, about SC having shakey QBs but I was also thinking the Over/Under will probably be like 70 to 75 and my UNC defense could make you and I put up heisman performances. But with that said I completely agree with you and understand.

Mvander… Williams is def their guy? I couldnt really find much on him or Wilds, if he is def their #1 then yes would be very smart to roll with him.

• Chitownkiller

@mvanderk10 said...

For south Carolina I’ll take Williams the 1B back for 5,000, as for any TCU player I’m predicting Minnesota over TCU and its going to be a low scoring game. Minnesota has one of the best secondaries in the country this year and they always have a physical offensive line. Although kolby listenbee seems to be the do all on that team this year for TCU.

That may make for a safer h2h line up, but surely won’t win a gpp. Doctson should go off week 1. I don’t see Minn being able to stop the running game and the passing game. Minn finished the year ranked 29th against the pass. However, most of the big 10 teams were run first offenses. If you take a look at Minn’s schedule last year was laughable. Last year TCU won 30-7 in Boykin’s 2nd start. TCU should win 52-20 this year.

• Chitownkiller

@100rings said...

Chitown I was thinking about that, about SC having shakey QBs but I was also thinking the Over/Under will probably be like 70 to 75 and my UNC defense could make you and I put up heisman performances. But with that said I completely agree with you and understand.

Mvander… Williams is def their guy? I couldnt really find much on him or Wilds, if he is def their #1 then yes would be very smart to roll with him.

SC’s HC is on record saying he considers Wilds and Williams to be 1A and 1B. Williams should be a solid option at his low price against the putrid NC defense and with a 1st year QB at the helm. SC should pound the ball most of the game.

• 100rings

I agree, no way Minny slows down TCU. Their offense is very very legit. Of course anyone can have a bad game but they are a machine.

• Chitownkiller

I’m mostly Fading Dangerfield and Pharoh….Is anyone else doing this?

• Heywood9855

@Chitownkiller said...

I’m mostly Fading Dangerfield and Pharoh….Is anyone else doing this?

I’m fading Pharoh completely Chi. I’m also fading Booker at RB.

• mvanderk10

@Chitownkiller said...

That may make for a safer h2h line up, but surely won’t win a gpp. Doctson should go off week 1. I don’t see Minn being able to stop the running game and the passing game. Minn finished the year ranked 29th against the pass. However, most of the big 10 teams were run first offenses. If you take a look at Minn’s schedule last year was laughable. Last year TCU won 30-7 in Boykin’s 2nd start. TCU should win 52-20 this year.

Doctson has only logged 4 practices this spring and is still questionable for the opening game. If I’m taking any receiver its kolby listenbee. TCU is only favored by 10 and Minnesota should be improved this year, as they are bringing back one of the best corner tandems in the country

• mvanderk10

@100rings said...

Wilds and Williams are said to split carries 1A and 1B as they have said and Williams has a faster more elusiveness to him which makes him more prompt to be on passing downs, plus that game has the highest total point spread of any game on Thursday.

The coaches love him and he has good speed and size and wilds has been banged up the past two years, they said it will be two headed at rb but Williams will have more upside.

• BreakingBacon

@100rings said...

O/U on NC/SC is currently set at 64.

• Scott121422

Knows the College Sportz

• Blogger of the Month

@100rings said...

I agree, no way Minny slows down TCU. Their offense is very very legit. Of course anyone can have a bad game but they are a machine.

I think Minnesota can slow them down but will they? They return 7 starters on defense and they run the ball a ton on offense. Can they keep the ball away from the TCU offense. Last year they gave up 30 points to TCU, a season low for them and 31 to OSU.

Plus WRs Doctson and Gray have been injured and haven’t practiced much. I don’t know if Boykin pays off his salary, I think Green is the safe play here!

• Elz24

the spread on tcu is 14.5 and the over under is 57.5

The over under for unc/ south carolina is 64

5dimes is an excellent source for lines. Please note that a lot of people have referenced lines in here that were the opening lines. The marketed adjusts a ton for college football.

• Elz24

For Pharaoh Cooper, fun fact he is the leading returning passer at usc. Only player in the country who is highest returning passer not to be qb.

Also UNC gave up the most 20 plus yard plays in pass defense in the country. The new qb may take some time for USC but they should set up alot of plays for cooper where his playmaking can take over

• Chitownkiller

@mvanderk10 said...

Doctson has only logged 4 practices this spring and is still questionable for the opening game. If I’m taking any receiver its kolby listenbee. TCU is only favored by 10 and Minnesota should be improved this year, as they are bringing back one of the best corner tandems in the country

One of the best corner tandems in the country is a moot point when you have a run first offense and a qb that can take it the distance himself. Also, over half of TCU’s passes are screens and quick outs.

• mvanderk10

@Chitownkiller said...

One of the best corner tandems in the country is a moot point when you have a run first offense and a qb that can take it the distance himself. Also, over half of TCU’s passes are screens and quick outs.

I think Minnesota will run press coverage and take away what TCU does best, and force them to challenge Minnesota DB’s

• Chitownkiller

If they play press coverage/ man 2 man then Boykin will have a field day. He will run wild. Only way they keep eyes on him is playing zone.

• depalma13

@mvanderk10 said...

I mean UTSA defense isn’t bad either they only aloud 14 rushing TD’s last year

That defense is gone. They return 3 starters and none on the defensive line.

• 100rings

@chitown you mentioned earlier when I talked about Hood from UNC being a sleeper you didnt like Running backs that split carries, yet you like Williams from South Carolina?

My only thing is this will be a hype game on many levels, Rivals, First Game of Year, etc etc. And Hood is a Charlotte kid, the game is in Charlotte, Im just saying its worth looking at that he will get 70 yards and a touchdown. I do see him pounding in 1 touchdown and at $4900 Ill take that. That was all I was thinking. I normally dont like split carry guys either but at near minimum I feel he will deliver a TD.

• kantiger77

DK customer service told me this week on contests being released.

• FFPlanetX

Does anyone have a good memory of what times the cutoffs were last year for the slates? Were late games 7pm and later? Just trying to get an idea as I get prepared.

• 100rings

It was all day which was the Noon to late night start times. Early were the Noon to 330 start times. Late sometimes started at 6 i believe depending on the games, and late night was like 9 or 10 oclock start times.

• 100rings

I honestly believe it varied but someone can correct me. I seem to believe sometimes the late began at 6, sometimes at 7. But if there was a really good game at 6 I feel they moved the start time to then but I may be completely wrong.

• FFPlanetX

@100rings said...

It was all day which was the Noon to late night start times. Early were the Noon to 330 start times. Late sometimes started at 6 i believe depending on the games, and late night was like 9 or 10 oclock start times.

Yeah now it’s coming back to me. It did seem to vary quite a bit.

• kantiger77

Looking at first week, there will probably be a Thursday, Friday, early Saturday and late saturday. You could potentially parse down Saturday into three, but hard to tell. I could also see a late Saturday slate grabbing the Sunday and Monday contests.

• Elz24

@kantiger77 said...

DK customer service told me this week on contests being released.

When lol I still don’t see them up

• lpk8787

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I cant wait to get this college football season started!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).