CFB FORUM

• Elz24

Now that we finally have some salaries up we can get some discussion on players. Some nice size tournys up with a 300 dollar one that is identical to the nfl

FLINT
    @UCF
    6:00PM

UNC
    @SOCAR
    6:00PM

OKST
    @CMU
    7:00PM

WKU
    @VANDB
    8:00PM

MICH
    @UTAH
    8:30PM

OHIO
    @IDAHO
    9:00PM

TCU
    @MINN
    9:00PM

DUKE
    @TLANE
    9:30PM

UTSA
    @ARZNA
    10:00PM

• Chitownkiller

@100rings said...

@chitown you mentioned earlier when I talked about Hood from UNC being a sleeper you didnt like Running backs that split carries, yet you like Williams from South Carolina?

My only thing is this will be a hype game on many levels, Rivals, First Game of Year, etc etc. And Hood is a Charlotte kid, the game is in Charlotte, Im just saying its worth looking at that he will get 70 yards and a touchdown. I do see him pounding in 1 touchdown and at $4900 Ill take that. That was all I was thinking. I normally dont like split carry guys either but at near minimum I feel he will deliver a TD.

Reason being SC is only going to split the carries 2 ways. On top of splitting carries Williams should get the goal line work and split carries evenly. NC is going to split the carries 3 ways and we don’t know how they will be divided up. Also SC’s QB is making his first start. SC is more likely to pound the ball rather than air it out. Did that help clear up my reasoning?

• JHols1nger

What do you guys think of Quinshad Davis at 7k?

• Chitownkiller

@JHols1nger said...

What do you guys think of Quinshad Davis at 7k?

O/U says hes a good play, but I don’t trust him. History shows he just doesn’t put up the pts most of the time. Doesn’t help that M.Williams likes to run the ball in himself. I would keep him as a gpp option only.

• JHols1nger

@Chitownkiller said...

O/U says hes a good play, but I don’t trust him. History shows he just doesn’t put up the pts most of the time. Doesn’t help that M.Williams likes to run the ball in himself. I would keep him as a gpp option only.

Are there any WR that stand out to you in that price range? Find myself going cheap at 2 of the WR spots with some cap left over for the third.

• Chitownkiller

Take a look at Epps and the W. ky receivers. Pug, the NC 4500 receiver could outscore Q. Davis

• JHols1nger

@Chitownkiller said...

Take a look at Epps and the W. ky receivers. Pug, the NC 4500 receiver could outscore Q. Davis

Yeah I’m currently going cheap with guys like that at 2 of the spots, probably need to somewhat pay up for my 3rd WR or move up from Sirk.

Any love for Rayford? I know Vandy is bad but their team total is sitting at 33 so somebody on that team has to score.

• Chitownkiller

@JHols1nger said...

Yeah I’m currently going cheap with guys like that at 2 of the spots, probably need to somewhat pay up for my 3rd WR or move up from Sirk.

Any love for Rayford? I know Vandy is bad but their team total is sitting at 33 so somebody on that team has to score.

If you have Sirk use two studs at RB. There are a ton of question marks for the stud WR’s.

• Elz24

I know ppl are knocking cooper but they will find a way to get him the ball even if its him running it a lot out of the wildcat. He is their best player and will be heavily involved

• ASmithIV

Damnit, DK! Load em up!

• mvanderk10

I like johnell Barnes, Antwane Grant, and Kolby listenbee all under 6000 more so than the top guys.

• ASmithIV

@Elz24 said...

I know ppl are knocking cooper but they will find a way to get him the ball even if its him running it a lot out of the wildcat. He is their best player and will be heavily involved

Agree but still not sure he’s worth the FD price tag. That UNC defense is a hot mess tho.

• Chitownkiller

@Elz24 said...

At his salary he needs 36 pts on FD to pay off. Too much of a risk for me.

• Elz24

@Chitownkiller said...

At his salary he needs 36 pts on FD to pay off. Too much of a risk for me.

Fair though I don’t always look at it that way especially in football. I have the extra salary and feel like he is the safest bet for a big game. I have a lot of value guys elsewhere at qb and tight end especially that I feel comfortable paying that price tag

• Chitownkiller

@Elz24 said...

Fair though I don’t always look at it that way especially in football. I have the extra salary and feel like he is the safest bet for a big game. I have a lot of value guys elsewhere at qb and tight end especially that I feel comfortable paying that price tag

I would take Dangerfield over Cooper all day although there is risk there too. You know Daughty will be chucking the ball everywhere. Just depends on who catches it. I totally agree with mvanderk10. Pay up for the sure thing and get value where there is question marks.

• Elz24

Assuming no suspension im going for leon allen from wku

• MARJAC

• 2015 FanDuel CFB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@mvanderk10 said...

I like johnell Barnes, Antwane Grant, and Kolby listenbee all under 6000 more so than the top guys.

Add Epps @ $5900, pick your favorite 3 of the 4, and then get ready for battle.

• mvanderk10

@MARJAC said...

Add Epps @ $5900, pick your favorite 3 of the 4, and then get ready for battle.

I wish I could have all 4!! Does anyone know anything about Leon Allen suspension or not? Haven’t heard anything about it and been looking everywhere.

• Elz24

@mvanderk10 said...

I wish I could have all 4!! Does anyone know anything about Leon Allen suspension or not? Haven’t heard anything about it and been looking everywhere.

Currently he isn’t suspended. The thing is in college as we all know sometimes its announced like 5 mins before the game that he is suspended for a quarter

• kantiger77

@ASmithIV said...

Damnit, DK! Load em up!

Yeah, getting kind of silly. They did seem to appreciate my suggestions for not including games with FCS but INCLUDING games like Ohio-Idaho and WKU-Vandy with players from BOTH SQUADS.

Fan Duel basically has that right, I just like the DK system and it’s where my money is. FF left off all the WKU type players yet included the FCS type games.

I basically said, add CU-Hawaii to Thursday and use all the players from the 10 games. Let’s go!

• Mattg45

@Chitownkiller said...

I would take Dangerfield over Cooper all day although there is risk there too. You know Daughty will be chucking the ball everywhere. Just depends on who catches it. I totally agree with mvanderk10. Pay up for the sure thing and get value where there is question marks.

I’m taking danger field in a few, I know it’s a risk but he can go off. Vandys defense is nothing special but when they play schools outside the power 5 there defense plays well, and I guess they should be better this year than last. They get killed in sec play and probably won’t win a game in sec play this year but outside the sec they should play well. I’m hoping for a shootout thou.

• r311music

This is just my initial research on the QB position. I didn’t look too much into the lower priced guys as a few are locked in QB battles prior to camp while others are in a possible timeshare position. Hopefully we can get more news as the week progresses.

QB

Brandon Doughty WKU $10,100 FD

• Passed for 4,830 yards and 49 TD’s last year.
    • Averaged 42.5 PA’s per game with a completion rate of 67.9%
    • Returns all his WR’s from last season.
    • The Commodores struggled in pass defense, allowing a league-high 7.6 yards per attempt and intercepting only six passes, due in part to inconsistent play from the cornerback position.
    • Vegas set the O/U at 65 with a spread of just 2. The highest O/U on the slate.

Marquise Williams UNC $10,100 FD

• Dual threat QB with 3,068 passing yards with 21 TDs and 788 rushing yards with 13 TDs in 2014.
    • Averaged 32.3 PA’s per game with a 63.1 completion %.
    • South Carolina’s defense is going through a major transition with a new DC but the same players, just a lot of shuffling positions and a base formation change.
    • Vegas has this O/U set at 64 with a spread of just 3 points.
    • Game is played at a neutral site, Charlotte, NC.

Justin Holman UCF $7,700 FD

• Passed for 2,952 yards and 23 TDs in 2014.
    • Averaged 30 PA’s per game with a 56.9 completion %.
    • He progressed as the season went on with his QBR went up 5 points from September to December.
    • Has consistently been better at home.
    • The WR core is completely new from last season. Tre’Quan Smith is perhaps the most talented of the group and was Holman’s favorite target during the spring.
    • FIU’s defense is fairly stout and returns their LB core but they have to replace their two top safeties from 2014.
    • Vegas as the O/U at 46 with the spread at 17 points for UCF.

Trevone Boykin TCU $10,500 FD

• Dual threat QB. Passed for 3,901 and 33 TDs while rushing for 707 and 8 TDs in 2014.
    • Averaged 38 PA’s per game with a 61.2 completion %.
    • Minnesota has a stingy defense that returns two of their top CBs from last year.
    • Boykin’s away QBR in 2014 was 128.2 compared to 158.8 at home.
    • Vegas has the O/U set at 57.5 with a spread of 14.5 for TCU.

• Scott121422

Knows the College Sportz

• Blogger of the Month

@Elz24 said...

Currently he isn’t suspended. The thing is in college as we all know sometimes its announced like 5 mins before the game that he is suspended for a quarter

Sadly we may never know if he gets suspended for a half or anything. Nebraska won’t even tell us who is suspended!

Nebraska has suspended 5 players for the opener vs. BYU, but won’t say who.

• Chitownkiller

@Elz24 said...

I don’t think there is any way he doesn’t get suspended for at least a half if not the whole game. Getting arrested twice for public intox in one summer is pretty serious. What kind of example would W ky. be setting if they let him slide? I’m surprized the NCAA hasn’t leveled sanctions yet unless the university itself has taken responsibility for the suspension and hasn’t released information.

• mvanderk10

@Chitownkiller said...

I don’t think there is any way he doesn’t get suspended for at least a half if not the whole game. Getting arrested twice for public intox in one summer is pretty serious. What kind of example would W ky. be setting if they let him slide? I’m surprized the NCAA hasn’t leveled sanctions yet unless the university itself has taken responsibility for the suspension and hasn’t released information.

I agree but it’s a big game for WKU, I think the coach will look past it, its not like he had anything violent behind his actions. My bets on him playing his usual snaps and not getting suspended if anything they probably disciplined him with conditioning or something like that rather than brining it into the season.

Until/If there are any reports we will never know for sure.

• Elz24

My least favorite part about college sports is they don’t have to disclose injury or suspension information

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).