7:30 PM EST : N Mex State ( -3.5 ) at TX El Paso ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    8:00 PM EST : S Alabama ( 31 ) at Memphis ( -31 ) —- T: 67.5
    8:00 PM EST : E Carolina ( 22 ) at S Florida ( -22 ) —- T: 68.5
    8:00 PM EST : Stanford ( -2 ) at Oregon ( 2 ) —- T: 56.5
    8:30 PM EST : Wisconsin ( -3 ) at Iowa ( 3 ) —- T: 43.5
    10:30 PM EST : Arizona St ( 17.5 ) at Washington ( -17.5 ) —- T: 50
    10:30 PM EST : E Michigan ( 11 ) at San Diego St ( -11 ) —- T: 50.5
    10:30 PM EST : Air Force ( 10.5 ) at Utah State ( -10.5 ) —- T: 62

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – CFB strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks CFB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• madmanjayWV

Already on page 2 — least I found it.

Interesting 10-game DK slate —

Just trying to get things started.

Baylor line already has dropped 2 points…could be some coy plays for the Jayhawks….

Kansas (57.5) @
    Baylor (-7.5)
    RB: Pooka Williams Jr. (K, $5.7 trap or coy play?)
    WR: Kerr Johnson Jr. (K, $4.4K), Steven Sims Jr. (K, $5K)

NOT sure about Kansas State @ my EERS, but appears to be sneaky potential value there

K-STATE (60.5) @
    West Va. (-16)
    QB: Skylar Thompson (KS, $5.5K)
    RB: Alex Barnes (KS, $5.3K)
    WR: Isaiah Zuber (KS, $5.7K)

I love the Boston College RB, but man $9K is expensive for Mr. AJ Dillon….

Missouri RB Larry Rountree III at $4.7K could be a dicey punt option, perhaps….

No clue why Nebraska @ MICHIGAN isn’t listed above in the game slate, but there was no line posted on Monday and now it’s at this:

NEB (50.5) @
    MICH (-19.5)
    Note: Tre Bryant OUT (N, RB); Karan Higdon (M, RB) and Adrian Martinez (N, QB) are both ?-able

Just trying to get some conversation going — anyone seeing anything they like?

• jtkucheck

@madmanjayWV said...

I love the Boston College RB, but man $9K is expensive for Mr. AJ Dillon….

Dillon was the first guy that jumped out to me and I’ve been trying to find ways to fit him in, but that price is no joke.

How come this is such a lackluster thread? Are we the only ones that are ridiculously pumped for CFB being back?

• scsa1998

Can DK put up the Saturday night slate already so I can make the drive out to NJ

• leib0039

Speilman for NEB is too cheap, MIZZ WR’s are too cheap, and if you need an under $4k punt Sternberger has 3 TD’s thus far. Not a ton of upside but AM should be down and facing pressure maybe Mond checks to his TE a lot.

• Xmas32

@leib0039 said...

Speilman for NEB is too cheap, MIZZ WR’s are too cheap, and if you need an under $4k punt Sternberger has 3 TD’s thus far. Not a ton of upside but AM should be down and facing pressure maybe Mond checks to his TE a lot.

JD @ $4100 for Nebraska is ludicrous. I was able to put together a team I didn’t hate pretty easily. Just not sure where I stand on Mond. $6k seems low to me…I get that Alabama’s defense is legit. You don’t need a ton out of Mond to hit GPP value and he can squeeze off some run yards. Thinking we might get 3+ quarters of Tua and if that happens he’s going to get 40+. Trying to guess which Bama receiver to stack him with is a challenge of course. Hall from Mizzou at $6k makes zero sense whatsoever. I like Pooka from Kansas too.

BC is going to pound the bejesus out of Purdue’s defense with AJ Dillon.

• infinite420

I personally like alex bachman for 3.6k at home against a not as good defense compared to sternberger @ bama. I was tempted by mond for 6k, but i like skylar thompson more for 500 less and facing a big12 defense compared to bama.

• infinite420

I think Mizz’s WR are priced pretty fairly, people seem to be discounting UGA’s secondary, they arguably have the best secondary in CFB. Now take that last statement with a grain of salt considering I have been a UGA fan ever since i knew what football was.

• leib0039

Georgia’s def is no joke, but they were arguably better last year and Lock had 253 with 4td’s. Not that it is amazing but for their price I’m certainly interested.

• jtkucheck

@infinite420 said...

I personally like alex bachman for 3.6k at home against a not as good defense compared to sternberger @ bama. I was tempted by mond for 6k, but i like skylar thompson more for 500 less and facing a big12 defense compared to bama.

Bachman is kind of a one trick pony… Dortch and Surratt are clearly the top two options there. If Bachman doesn’t get in the end zone that’s a lost roster spot and sinks you.

• infinite420

I completely agree that their front 7 are not nearly as good as last year, but their secondary is arguably better. I still have nightmares of Malcolm Parrish’s blown coverage in the must crucial play of his life.

• infinite420

@jtkucheck said...

Bachman is kind of a one trick pony… Dortch and Surratt are clearly the top two options there. If Bachman doesn’t get in the end zone that’s a lost roster spot and sinks you.

I understand that Surrat and Dortch are more talented, but they are also substantially more expensive. Sure bachman could have a line of 3 rec 25 yards and 0 tds, and that would hurt(but not that much for 3.6k). now lets say he has 5 rec 55 yards and 1 td, that is a very reasonable line and i would gladly take 16.5 dk points for 3.6k salary. just keep in mind bachman had 8 rec 116 yards and 1 td last year against ND.

*edit: he is coming off a hammy injury which does make me a bit nervous, but we know he has an upside of 28.6 points in this matchup, and that kind of upside for 3.6k at home against a good-not great defense, i just cannot pass it up.

• Dadeano860

@leib0039 said...

My thoughts:

Missouri’s whole team is priced for the matchup. Team total is 25, but last year’s matchup with Georgia was a shootout – mostly because Georgia kept scoring so fast. Missouri’s defense is horrid again this year, the game may shootout again (with a Georgia blowout). Purdue just passed for 550+ yards last week.

Georgia, Ohio State and Alabama have big point totals – but both are so deep, we don’t know what usage will be if a game ever stays close. Holyfield is cheap, seems Swift has fallen out of favor, a true RBCC now. The Ohio State WRs are beyond me – who is the #1?

This is the worst week for value plays – don’t see any that jump out like Ollison last week. Grier and AJ Dillon seem like the locks, but so hard to fit a lineup around them. No $3000 plays out there this week unless you’re willing to take a 0 to fit the studs.

• Dadeano860

@infinite420 said...

I can’t stomach taking a Texas A&M player, AT ALABAMA, much less a lumbering tight end.

Bachman has 3 TDs. But he’s a senior and has 54 career catches and 7 TDs. He has a tweaked hammy. Notre Dame is no Alabama, I agree, but they are no slouch.

Bachman is the kind of punt play we’re forced to take if you want to go below $4500.

• Dadeano860

@madmanjayWV said...

Kansas (57.5) @
    Baylor (-7.5)
    RB: Pooka Williams Jr. (K, $5.7 trap or coy play?)
    WR: Kerr Johnson Jr. (K, $4.4K), Steven Sims Jr. (K, $5K)

NOT sure about Kansas State @ my EERS, but appears to be sneaky potential value there

K-STATE (60.5) @
    West Va. (-16)
    QB: Skylar Thompson (KS, $5.5K)
    RB: Alex Barnes (KS, $5.3K)
    WR: Isaiah Zuber (KS, $5.7K)

I like where you’re going here. Pooka was the first guy I looked into on this slate. Not a hugely recruited true freshman, hasn’t faced any real competition. Could be a boom or bust play? I don’t trust anything related to Kansas football.

West Virginia should roll and speed up Kansas State. I like that game to shootout, Big 12 style. Problem with the slate is $5000+ aren’t “punts” if you want to fit 2 studs. You need >$4000 guys and none of these qualify there.

• jtkucheck

Anybody have any insight into the Georgia tailback situation? Swift seems like he was supposed to be the lead back but he didn’t play much last week even before they were blowing out MTSU. Holyfield is averaging (averaging!) 9 yards/carry, granted against weak competition, but seems like he will have just as much if not more opportunity than Swift at $2,200 cheaper. Anyone have a strong opinion against the guy or the Georgia running game in general?

• leib0039

RBBC, Swift/Holyfield/Cook all get touches and it doesn’t appear to be changing anytime soon. Guessing one (maybe even 2) hit value this week but which one is hard to say.

• jtkucheck

@leib0039 said...

RBBC, Swift/Holyfield/Cook all get touches and it doesn’t appear to be changing anytime soon. Guessing one (maybe even 2) hit value this week but which one is hard to say.

Fair enough… yeah it definitely doesn’t seem as clear cut as someone like Ollison last week taking control of the RB1 role.

My initial build has Pooka and Dillon while figuring the rest out. Would love to get a 3rd RB in there but I don’t really see a ton of value elsewhere.

• Dadeano860

@jtkucheck said...

Fair enough… yeah it definitely doesn’t seem as clear cut as someone like Ollison last week taking control of the RB1 role.

My initial build has Pooka and Dillon while figuring the rest out. Would love to get a 3rd RB in there but I don’t really see a ton of value elsewhere.

For me Holyfield is the pick, considering price. Seems like it’s a true RBCC, like Alabama. Georgia and Alabama are like trying to figure out the Pats backfield situation- a fantasy roulette.

• madmanjayWV

Just got some info that could be useful?

While I’m not 100% certain the Kansas State/WVU game is going to be a shootout — Wildcat safety Denzel Goolsby has been ruled out as has KSU teammate and backup cornerback Kevin McGee —- It’s just Will Grier is so damn expensive but 300 yds and prolly 3TDs is close to his floor

• infinite420

I am a UGA fan, personally I think Kirby has been saving swift for this week. This is going to be the toughest game we have played this season, and considering the fact that Mizzou has the one of the most explosive offenses in the SEC, as long as we aren’t up by 28 going into the 4th, swift should get the lion’s share of the reps. There is one Mizzou player that I could see Drew Lock use to exploit our defense: Albert O. The other UGA player that I am taking is a guy who should be locked into all of your lus, Mecole.

• infinite420

@madmanjayWV said...

Just got some info that could be useful?

While I’m not 100% certain the Kansas State/WVU game is going to be a shootout — Wildcat safety Denzel Goolsby has been ruled out as has KSU teammate and backup cornerback Kevin McGee —- It’s just Will Grier is so damn expensive but 300 yds and prolly 3TDs is close to his floor

I think Will Grier is the best place to spend salary this week, and it’s not even close.(hell I thought that before this news)

• jtkucheck

Any thoughts on Jalen Hurd? I don’t think Kansas’ defense is all that stout and Hurd seems to be on a mission to prove himself at the new position.

I get that he is pricy, but seems like a good opportunity.

• Dadeano860

@jtkucheck said...

Any thoughts on Jalen Hurd? I don’t think Kansas’ defense is all that stout and Hurd seems to be on a mission to prove himself at the new position.

I get that he is pricy, but seems like a good opportunity.

That is the Tennessee RB? Wierd, he was an awesome RB. He seems like a good GPP play to me. In cash I’m spending up or going cheaper.

Rondale Moore stands out to me at a cheaper price. Read about Purdue though, that “air raid” game plan vs Mizzou may have been an outlier, Brohm said he thought that was the only way to stay with Mizzou. I think they are more balanced vs BC this weekend. But damn, that freshman Moore is a freak. He and the Colorado WR are my faves.

• Dadeano860

@infinite420 said...

I think Will Grier is the best place to spend salary this week, and it’s not even close.(hell I thought that before this news)

Yep. An argument could be made for Dillon.

• Dadeano860

@infinite420 said...

I am a UGA fan, personally I think Kirby has been saving swift for this week. This is going to be the toughest game we have played this season, and considering the fact that Mizzou has the one of the most explosive offenses in the SEC, as long as we aren’t up by 28 going into the 4th, swift should get the lion’s share of the reps. There is one Mizzou player that I could see Drew Lock use to exploit our defense: Albert O. The other UGA player that I am taking is a guy who should be locked into all of your lus, Mecole.

Don’t usually like TEs but Albert O is a beast. I like his price and Mizzou should be playing from behind, so I like that game flow as long as Georgia doesn’t just win 45-10.

I haven’t seen much of Georgia this year. Is Mecole a cash play or GPP play? I know he’s amazing (seen the YouTube highlights) but doesn’t get many touches. He’s only had more than 4 catches once in his career.

I don’t think Swift is going to separate himself this year. I actually think Holyfield may be the primary back by years end.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).