7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -16 ) at E Carolina ( 16 ) —- T: 69
    7:30 PM EST : Mississippi ( -6.5 ) at Arkansas ( 6.5 ) —- T: 70
    7:30 PM EST : Middle Tenn ( 2.5 ) at Florida Intl ( -2.5 ) —- T: 57
    7:30 PM EST : Wisconsin ( 7.5 ) at Michigan ( -7.5 ) —- T: 47
    10:15 PM EST : Hawaii ( 11.5 ) at BYU ( -11.5 ) —- T: 56.5
    10:30 PM EST : Boise State ( -17.5 ) at Nevada ( 17.5 ) —- T: 62
    10:30 PM EST : Wyoming ( 18 ) at Fresno St ( -18 ) —- T: 45.5
    10:30 PM EST : Colorado ( 7 ) at USC ( -7 ) —- T: 58.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – CFB strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks CFB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• YGR

Obvious move seems to be to go heavy on UCF/Memphis with that ridiculous O/U of 78. Think we will see a lot of Milton/Killins stacking…

Justice Hill also seems underpriced on DK.

• infinite420

@YGR said...

Obvious move seems to be to go heavy on UCF/Memphis with that ridiculous O/U of 78. Think we will see a lot of Milton/Killins stacking…

I really like Book and Dexter Williams but I am kind of iffy on taking both of them in the same lu(I only play 1 lu).

• Dadeano860

@YGR said...

Really can’t understand why all Okie State players are priced down. They are playing Kansas State, not Georgia.

• Dadeano860

@infinite420 said...

I really like Book and Dexter Williams but I am kind of iffy on taking both of them in the same lu(I only play 1 lu).

Perfect for cash, probably won’t win a GPP. Notre Dame has a team total near 40- should be 5 or 6 TDs to be had.

Dexter is too pricey for me this week, I don’t think the long TD runs are sustainable. Pitt is garbage, so who knows. Can’t argue if you play him, he’s been destroying it like no one but Darrell Henderson.

• infinite420

@Dadeano860 said...

Perfect for cash, probably won’t win a GPP. Notre Dame has a team total near 40- should be 5 or 6 TDs to be had.

Dexter is too pricey for me this week, I don’t think the long TD runs are sustainable. Pitt is garbage, so who knows. Can’t argue if you play him, he’s been destroying it like no one but Darrell Henderson.

At this moment I have trayveon and Dexter, but I might end up moving off of Dexter since I really like Book for 8.7k. I will say I wish dk’s main slate had 20 games instead of just 10.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

There’s always a handful of nice games left out, like Illiniois vs Purdue. It just seems like they wanted to completely dumb down this sport and that is too bad. Let’s eliminate the variance, ugh.

• Dadeano860

@infinite420 said...

At this moment I have trayveon and Dexter, but I might end up moving off of Dexter since I really like Book for 8.7k. I will say I wish dk’s main slate had 20 games instead of just 10.

Eh. Either way for me. Funny people complain about the lack of games on the slate when Etienne last week at 50% was the highest owned I’ve seen this year. Put all 40 games on the slate and you’re still pulling from the few games that you feel are going to shootout.

You like Book>McSorley? I am torn on that one but lean McSorley. Heck, Ehlinger has to be in that discussion of QBs after last week. Milton is in a tier of his own for me, then I go McSorley>Haskins>Ehlinger>Book.

• infinite420

@Dadeano860 said...

Eh. Either way for me. Funny people complain about the lack of games on the slate when Etienne last week at 50% was the highest owned I’ve seen this year. Put all 40 games on the slate and you’re still pulling from the few games that you feel are going to shootout.

You like Book>McSorley? I am torn on that one but lean McSorley. Heck, Ehlinger has to be in that discussion of QBs after last week. Milton is in a tier of his own for me, then I go McSorley>Haskins>Ehlinger>Book.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining, CFB is my favorite dfs sport(my biggest win came in CFB in 2015). So I am still ecstatic that we have it, but I just don’t see how it would be a bad thing to have as many games on the slate as possible. That way a guy like Etienne in his spot last week would only be %30-35 owned instead of 50. But I digress… I honestly like book more than the other top QBs mainly because of how efficient he has been. Especially in comparison to the other top QBs whose completion percentages are pretty avg to below avg. Granted I know Book’s ypa is a little low which might be inflating his completion percentage. I was so close to taking ehlingher last week, and if I had, I probably would have won the $15 tourney on dk. I don’t think ehlingher will score 3 rushing tds again this week though. I could see Texas having a bit of a hangover game. If I was not going Book, I would probably go with Ehlingher. I will say the best 3 man stack of the week is on the other side of that Texas game: Brewer, Hurd, and Mims.

• jlowery73

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@Dadeano860 said...

What? So you want less games to choose players from to point everyone towards the same couple games? More games equal less ownership but I think you know this….

There’s no way a Main Slate should have Etienne at 50% but there weren’t many choices at all to spend up at RB with the games available.

• jtkucheck

Anyone know if Scarnecchia is getting another start for South Carolina? Was money last week.

• YGR

What’s up with Chico McClatcher? I’ve read he’s coming back from injury, seems like good salary relief if he’s playing significant snaps.

And agreed on Okie State being underpriced in general this week. This KState team is not like years past, their defense is not very good.

• Trappist1

@infinite420 said...

20 games is stretching it, even MLB slates do not have 20 games in one go. 12-14 games is fine, no reason why they can not do that.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@infinite420 said...

but I just don’t see how it would be a bad thing to have as many games on the slate as possible

I think there is a happy medium here. Having every game would NOT be good for getting casual players to give college football a chance. 20+ game slates every week would not help grow the game. I think 10 is an OK number. I’d probably suggest 12-14 games (same as NFL).

Now there is the other side of it where high ownership is bad for the game as well. Generally 10 games is a pretty good amount. But when that includes several games with totals under 45 and then a few blowouts, the options get eliminated quickly. But now that we are dealing only with conference games, I think that helps a lot. Right now there are 9 teams on the slate Saturday projected to score 30+ points. Another 5 teams projected to score between 25 and 30.

This week everyone can gravitate to UCF/Memphis. Obviously it is a good spot. But UCF is averaging 48+ points per game. This week they are projected to score 42+. Memphis is averaging 46+ per game. They are projected for 38+ points in this game. So while this becomes a great spot/shootout and it is expected to be a competitive game throughout (helps by keeping the offensive foot on the pedal all game and backups shouldn’t see much time if any), both teams are actually projected to score below their season averages in a more competitive game. Something for everyone to consider.

• elgambino

QB situation makes the Showdown tonight a bit more interesting… Having a hard time coming up with a game script where this game doesn’t exceed the 59.5 total.

• Dadeano860

@infinite420 said...

Granted I know Book’s ypa is a little low which might be inflating his completion percentage. I was so close to taking ehlingher last week, and if I had, I probably would have won the $15 tourney on dk. I don’t think ehlingher will score 3 rushing tds again this week though. I could see Texas having a bit of a hangover game. If I was not going Book, I would probably go with Ehlingher. I will say the best 3 man stack of the week is on the other side of that Texas game: Brewer, Hurd, and Mims.

I hear you, but Book doesn’t bring the dual threat to the extent the other do (he’s more of a runner than Haskins of course). Especially in a game like this where ND can pick how they want to score, I dont see Book running much.

Just my opinion, but hey, ND is going to score 40+, he could certainly account for 5+ TDs.

Leaving the UCF/Memphis game out, what game are we thinking most likely shoots out? Texas/Baylor? Okie State/KState? Figuring that out will probably win a tourney. Baylor and Okie States players are criminally underpriced if either game shoots out. We’ve got the Skylar vs Brewer SFlex question if you want to go dual QBs. Skylar cheaper and at home vs a weak defense. Brewer more expensive, on the road, with more talent and weapons. Any insight?

• Dadeano860

@jlowery73 said...

What? So you want less games to choose players from to point everyone towards the same couple games? More games equal less ownership but I think you know this….

There’s no way a Main Slate should have Etienne at 50% but there weren’t many choices at all to spend up at RB with the games available.

No, I just feel college dfs needs to attract more players. Putting 20 games on a slate is overwhelming and people are going to pick players from a select number of games anyway.

I was comparing it to NFL where you play a main slate of 10-12 games and you see players 60-70%+ owned each week due to the touts and info guiding everyone to chalky plays. I find NCAA refreshing where it’s rare to see a player 50% owned. I was pointing that out as an outlier.

I am all in for more games on the main slate, but I’d rather see more action than more games. When all the states are up and running, I bet we see the slate size expand.

• Dadeano860

@jtkucheck said...

Anyone know if Scarnecchia is getting another start for South Carolina? Was money last week.

Bentley is supposedly back…

• Dadeano860

@Stewburtx8 said...

This week everyone can gravitate to UCF/Memphis. Obviously it is a good spot. But UCF is averaging 48+ points per game. This week they are projected to score 42+. Memphis is averaging 46+ per game. They are projected for 38+ points in this game. So while this becomes a great spot/shootout and it is expected to be a competitive game throughout (helps by keeping the offensive foot on the pedal all game and backups shouldn’t see much time if any), both teams are actually projected to score below their season averages in a more competitive game. Something for everyone to consider.

Over/under has also risen from 77 to 81.5. Henderson and his crippling salary is one of the bigger questions on the slate. I think I am fading him. Other than Milton, dont see many other plays that stick out in that game.

• jlowery73

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

After weeks of watching UCF play I didn’t fathom that there was ANY WAY Milton didn’t hang a 40-50 burger on SMU last week. Especially when they are doing everything they can to elevate his Heisman status. That hurt badly. If you faded him and his price tag you were miles ahead of the pack.
    That being said, I see the high total but you have to think Memphis is gonna try and run it down their throats all game. Doesn’t usually compute to an up and down game unless Memphis tries to match the pace of UCF.

And, as for tonight, I would normally love a TT/TCU game but there are so many questions at qb that you can barely set a team. If TT plays the running qb I think that their receivers could almost all be faded, and they seem to be running 4 different guys at RB right now. On the other hand, TCU has completely lost their mojo last few weeks so they are pretty much guess work also.

• jtkucheck

@Dadeano860 said...

Bentley is supposedly back…

Man I hope not- Scar and Deebo are fantastic salary savers and also ELITE names.

• YGR

@Dadeano860 said...

I hear you, but Book doesn’t bring the dual threat to the extent the other do (he’s more of a runner than Haskins of course). Especially in a game like this where ND can pick how they want to score, I dont see Book running much.

Just my opinion, but hey, ND is going to score 40+, he could certainly account for 5+ TDs.

Leaving the UCF/Memphis game out, what game are we thinking most likely shoots out? Texas/Baylor? Okie State/KState? Figuring that out will probably win a tourney. Baylor and Okie States players are criminally underpriced if either game shoots out. We’ve got the Skylar vs Brewer SFlex question if you want to go dual QBs. Skylar cheaper and at home vs a weak defense. Brewer more expensive, on the road, with more talent and weapons. Any insight?

I’m a little wary of Texas/Baylor turning into a shootout. Texas ideally wants to slow it down and control tempo and grind out wins behind the QB run game. They are 83rd nationally in adjusted pace. They were sped up by Oklahoma last week but I think they enforce their will against Baylor.

OK State/KState I can see blowing up. Neither defense is very good. MSU/PSU is a sneaky potential shootout. MSU has a horrendous pass defense and will likely be playing from behind. I like Juwan Johnson and Pat Friermuth (as a long shot salary relief play). Felton Davis obviously the guy for MSU.

• infinite420

@Stewburtx8 said...

I think there is a happy medium here. Having every game would NOT be good for getting casual players to give college football a chance. 20+ game slates every week would not help grow the game. I think 10 is an OK number. I’d probably suggest 12-14 games (same as NFL).

Now there is the other side of it where high ownership is bad for the game as well. Generally 10 games is a pretty good amount. But when that includes several games with totals under 45 and then a few blowouts, the options get eliminated quickly. But now that we are dealing only with conference games, I think that helps a lot. Right now there are 9 teams on the slate Saturday projected to score 30+ points. Another 5 teams projected to score between 25 and 30.

I disagree with your assertion that larger slates would push more casual player away. As far as I can remember there were plenty of casual players who played CFB 3 years ago when 20 game slates were normal. I also think it is a bit condescending to think that casual players cannot enjoy a more sophisticated form of CFB DFS. Btw I am not saying you were purposefully being condescending. I just think that dumbing down things for everyone to help the casual player, in the long run, helps neither. I also dont think DK or FD care about dumbing it down for the casual player, the only reason they limit the size of their slates are to incentivize people to play more slates.

• infinite420

@Dadeano860 said...

I see the Pitt-ND game playing out a lot like the wake forrest game did a few weeks ago. The only difference is ND will have Dexter Williams back. Considering ND has played two solid teams the past 2 weeks, Book has still been extremely efficient, they might see what he can do, and let him run the score up through 3 quarters. As far as Brewer and Skylar are concerned, I think Brewer should be 1k more expensive than he is this week and skylar is priced about right.

• Dadeano860

@jlowery73 said...

That being said, I see the high total but you have to think Memphis is gonna try and run it down their throats all game. Doesn’t usually compute to an up and down game unless Memphis tries to match the pace of UCF.

UCF knows this and should know they need to make Brady White beat them. If UCF gets up 14-0, there goes that “slow it down” game plan. UCF players hyper speed regardless of score.

If you believe Memphis gets a lead or stays within 1 score, then Memphis can slow the pace if they want. I dont believe they want to, Memphis plays at the 3rd fastest pace on this slate. I also think UCF will be leading, so yeah, I’m in on a shootout.

• Dadeano860

@infinite420 said...

I see the Pitt-ND game playing out a lot like the wake forrest game did a few weeks ago. The only difference is ND will have Dexter Williams back. Considering ND has played two solid teams the past 2 weeks, Book has still been extremely efficient, they might see what he can do, and let him run the score up through 3 quarters. As far as Brewer and Skylar are concerned, I think Brewer should be 1k more expensive than he is this week and skylar is priced about right.

Wake Forest is one of the fastest tempo teams in the NCAA, Pitt one of the slowest. Difference there, but ND should be able to name their score. Or maybe ND will sleep walk through this and win 31-7. I’m not thrilled with any players from this game outside a value play from a Pitt WR if Mack is out again.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).