MAIN FORUM

Comments

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

Wow.

Legendary night, and ALL the #SkillGame. — Congrats to Condia & Makisupa (Andrew Wiggins) also.

Link: DraftKings $4M Main Event

• MrFantasy

@Stixx said...

That documentary would never air because it would be the end of DFS. All it would show is him running a scripting program on his computer, which would help the other side on proving that this isn’t a game of skill. There’s no chance he created 400+ lineups by hand

No skill involved in DFS. Move on people.

• emac

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@Stixx said...

There’s no chance he created 400+ lineups by hand

Which is good, because he did only have 20 entries in this particular contest.

Also, there are resources here and here which will allow you to see how simple it is to create multiple lineups and back up the money trucks.

• ehafner

• 2015 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

Thanks guys! Couldn’t pass Condia on the RG rank but I got him this time haha

• dakimbell

the fact that he could afford to max entry the Main Event tells you all that you need to know. this guy is good at this.

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

@sports_nerd said...

Congrats big win! I would love to see a documentary some day on how a person manages 400+ lineups. I’ve tried 50 once and lost my mind.

It’s getting increasingly easier with our Lineup Builder. Im hoping to live twitch and show how I use it to save time soon since have had a lot of demand for tutorials on it.

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

@Stixx said...

That documentary would never air because it would be the end of DFS. All it would show is him running a scripting program on his computer, which would help the other side on proving that this isn’t a game of skill. There’s no chance he created 400+ lineups by hand

When used correctly, as EHaf surely does, lineup builder software simply saves you time. It organizes a players thoughts, strategies, and what is in their brain into a hedge fund of player investments, and saves you time in when inputting them to FD or DK, instead of manually entering in the lineups.

That said, I do think lower entry caps is a fair solution to reduce public outcry.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

Awesome! I hope we can use him as an example of why DFS is a game of skill and should stay legal in California. EHafner has proven his skill SO many times. No amount of luck could have somebody finish first place as often as he does.

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

this is exactly what happens when you play every single day, have confidence in yourself, and never give up. Ehafner has several big wins a year (at least since I’ve been playing that I saw). I am pretty sure on 95% of days he either makes a slight profit, or loses – but no one ever hears or talks about that. But it’s all in the strategy, and believing in your strategy.

I hope no one thinks any of this is by accident. This guy, like most who are like him, puts a TON of risk in every single night. Of course 18 out of his 20 lineups didn’t do well…..but who cares when 2 of them hit it HUGE? It’s all about setting great lineups and of them clicking and avoiding stuff like injuries, gameflow, benchings, ect….

Honestly, I was kind of waiting for a huge win for EHafner, because he has been too quiet for too long, and I remember how pissed both him and I were at the WFFC cuz we didn’t even get close to the top of the leaderboard. But you brush it off, move on, and keep on truckin’!

overall, within a 1 year span, those who play alot and play smart, have a good strategy, and are skilled at the love of sports, will have at least 1 monster win like this – it’s all a numbers game.

This is a great story if anything, a really smart sports loving guy who had a huge DFS win with some good ole fantasy football. Actually can’t believe there were several negative people in this thread that posted who simply just don’t get it.

• DontScoopMeBro

@einars said...

5 of his 20 cashed. but dont let facts ruin a good diatribe

Apologies only looked Sunday when he had 2:20 and clear his 1/(5 would end up 1:2
    But lol for everyone thinking stuff like this is good for the industry

• jdtrey22

@Stixx said...

I would think he made most by hand he only entered 20 in the Main event he would have to hand pick those 20, he may have had 400 for like the chop block but he had only 20 for the main and he hand picked those for the 1.3mil

• hotpants

@Ryazan said...

I am pretty sure on 95% of days he either makes a slight profit, or loses

Great analysis

• srk8987

Managing Editor

Said it before and I’ll say it again. What a sicko. Congrats Erik!

• Olhausen

It’s amazing how many hatters there are. Really it’s just a bunch of losers, mad cause they suck at Dfs and can’t win. Tell me why it’s so bad for dfs when someone who works hard at It wins big? Oh that’s right cause The people who want everything made easy for them aren’t winning so all the rules should be changed so they have a chance. Keep on complaining about everyone who’s winning and they’ll keep laughing all the way to the bank!

• Olhausen

@Stixx said...

There’s a lineup builder right here on RG and plenty of quarter arcades on DK if you think it’s that easy. It’s amazing how jealous people get when its not them winning money. Maybe instead of crying on these forums you should work at trying to become a better fantasy player.

• anton962001

ehafner? naw.. ehefner

• Olhausen

@Ryazan said...

I love you bro…..im sorry i have no better way to say it – you are one of the few to sound so logical, so perfect, almost as if I built you in a DFS factory haha!

No one needs data to back up the FACT that every GPP pro loses more than he wins – those who disagree like Hotpants, can try it themselves one day, and see for themselves. The big wins more than make up for the short term losses.

Anyway…..moving on

Lol. I’m just sick of people who can’t win, constantly bitch and complain about others who are winning. Believe me I am far from a big time winning Dfs player but I am getting better. I only started playing at the beginning of last MLB season and I sucked at first. I was determined to get better and as I put more time and effort into it an amazing thing happened… I got better. I only put ten lineup’s in a night and I have had plenty of high finishes and a few Gpp wins. They should have been much bigger but that was my own fault for being cheap and not playing in higher dollar Gpp’s. I’m living proof low dollar non mass entry players can compete with others. With one full MLB season under my belt I’m confident that my preparation and experience will get me some big Gpp wins next summer. As for now I’m doing pretty damn good at NHL and didn’t know one players name before the start of this season. For all the reasons I gave above is why I get so mad when people say the game is not fair or that it’s rigged.It’s just not true, if you are willing to put in the time and not give up after a month or two then you can definitely win at Dfs no matter what your bankroll is.

• Craptor

Honestly if you are remotely competent the only thing that caps your ceiling for making a lot of money is how much capital you have. More fish in the higher buy ins than the lower buy ins to be honest. It legit disgusts me how much money I could have made if I had started with even like $10k instead of $0 for a bankroll.

• tvsfrink

@Craptor said...

More fish in the higher buy ins than the lower buy ins to be honest.

I’m honestly confused by this. I thought the lower the buy-in, the softer the field.

Maybe I’ve been doing it wrong?

• jdtrey22

@tvsfrink said...

I’m honestly confused by this. I thought the lower the buy-in, the softer the field.

Maybe I’ve been doing it wrong?

There are fish everywhere

• londog7

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Finalist

Congrats to ehafner! An absolutely amazing run capped by a day for the ages. IMHO, people should just appreciate this accomplishment rather than argue about bankrolls, multiple lineups, and buy-ins.

• smallANDflaccid

@Olhausen said...

It’s amazing how many hatters there are.

• sports_nerd

@Cameron said...

It’s getting increasingly easier with our Lineup Builder. Im hoping to live twitch and show how I use it to save time soon since have had a lot of demand for tutorials on it.

I’ve used the lineup builder and the tools RG created to enter multiple lineups, but I still find late breaking NBA news almost impossible to manage multiple lineups with those tools. It’s hard for me to trust $$$ on a script on late breaking news. From my experience using the RG tool, if someone is scratched 5 minutes before gametime I would have to delete them from the lineup builder, place the other player(s) who benefit from the scratched players absence then rerun the script. This will sometimes replace my cash lineup too. On late swap, I am completely unsure on how to use the RG script for that. Not even sure it works for late swap.

When I mentioned previously about the 400+ lineups I was referring to how he manages with scripts (because that is obvious).

• dakimbell

I remember my first beer.

• Olhausen

@smallANDflaccid said...

Hater!

• daveinchi1975

2012 DSBC Finalist

Hafner did this on NFL, which is much easier to use with scripts since there is rarely late breaking news of such magnitude that it should completely derail your original exposures. Personally, I don’t understand the arguments against scripting. The only difference between using scripting to set 200 lineups, and manually entering 200 lineups according to your own multi-entry lineup building process is TIME. It is essentially, the same sort of design – the scripting tool allows you to create those lineups according to guidelines you set in the 1st place (such as how much exposure you should have to Bortles versus Wilson, etc.) – doing it manually, is the same thing – what % of entries should you have Bortles on and what % should you have Wilson on, etc. If you run scripts and trust them, then you save yourself a ton of time, but it is, in essence, the same type of thought used in the first place.

I have used a lineup building tool to set 200 lineups before and I have done it manually (for NFL) on fanduel for their $2 gpp several times, and the work done prior to entering the lineups into the tournament are the same. For example, this past weekend, I used a manual approach to set 100 lineups in a fanduel Sunday-only $1 multi-entry gpp. I did not use a script-based lineup building tool mainly because the strategy I was employing was one that didn’t fit well with the one I could have used, so I just did it manually. It took me an hour to select and submit those 100 entries. I spent around 2 hours prior to doing anything on the site thinking about how I would distribute my player picks. I ended up profiting because I had Bortles-Robinson-Hurns on 12% of my entries, but it was only a slight profit, because my combination of RB’s and WR’s that were distributed to those 12% did NOT have D. Williams, B. Marshall, and instead had misses like K. Williams, C. West, and A. Brown. No matter what lineup building tool you use (whether it is derived from a script or is derived from some system you came up with on scrap paper and then manually entered) – whether or not you profit and how much you profit still comes down to the same thing – did you have heavy exposure to the top producers at each position? EHafner had heavy exposure to Marshall and Williams with his Bortles to Robinson combo. Had he decided to give Mike Evans Marshall’s exposure and Doug Martin Williams’ exposure, he’d have broke even or slightly profitted as I did (though on a much smaller scale).

Consider this – I put 35% of my entries on Roth-Brown and then I infected half of my 12% Bortles-Robinson-Hurns entries with Brown. Hafner did NOT do this, instead, he used Williams on his Bortles entries, covering an important contingency that I ignored – what if the Steelers get their TD’s on the ground and Jax does what they are supposed to do? In one sense, he was lucky – one of the Steelers passing TD’s was called back (roth to brown) which ended with a Williams short TD and Williams other short TD came after Bryant was pushed out at the 1 yard line. But, my guess is he probably had exposure to Roth-Brown as well – the losers that no one is looking at. I never considered the Williams vulture TD’s contingency combined with Bortles to Robinson and Hurns – hafner did and he got paid off it – as for Marshall? Evans/Marshall/Jones/other top WR’s is why you multi-entry in the 1st place.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler