MAIN FORUM

Comments

• DatDerFranny

Was hoping a DK rep could help me out here…

Will Draftkings be providing contests for the Copa Centenario and Euro this year? I’m assuming the Euros are a given, but was curious about the Copa as well. If so, will the competitions be combined in contests since they are running congruently?

I’m really excited for Soccer this summer. It’s going to feel like a World Cup year with the two international tournaments fielding a combined 40 nations.

• Craptor

i believe so. these knock out tournaments actually suck for dfs because lack of games.

• DatDerFranny

Not necessarily this year, though. The two tournaments will be running at roughly the same time. (copa starts a week earlier and has 16 teams compared to Euros 24). Copa typically has a 2 matches per day schedule, with euros playing 3, except for the third round of group matches in which they play 4 per day. Offhand I think between the 10th to 14th of June, there will be 5 games between the two tournaments per day until copa group stage finishes, and then after that it ranges from 4-5 games per day for another week or so when the copa enters it’s knockouts, but the euro is still in group stages 2 and 3. It actually sets up pretty nice for DFS purposes.

• Juanpi

I think they are man… Copa Centenario I am almost sure, don’t know about Euro. What am I basing it on? Well, one thing you may have not picked up. All players who are part of any of the American teams have #0 and their country when you open their stats sheet. For example, look at Coutinho, Willian, or Funes Mori in EPL. This means they are building the squads for the Copa Centenario contests. However, the same is NOT true of the European players, which leads me to believe only Copa Centenario.

• DatDerFranny

Wow… good catch.

Man that would kind of blow if they only have the copa, seeing as its only a 16 team tournament. Spreading both tournaments would be fantastic… better than the world cup, from a DFS perspective.

• Juanpi

The thing with Euros is that I don’t think there is enough of a market in the US. It’s not a competition which has much fans here and many of the players are completely unknown. Like for example: Albania, Northern Ireland, Slovakia, etc. It would be really hard to draft. Copa Centenario is here in the US and most of the players are followed either in EPL, UCL, MLS or Liga MX.

• blenderhd

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

I disagree, Juanpi. Firstly, the Euros are being broadcast here on ESPN proper, so don’t discount at all that there’s little interest in it in the US.

Plus they expanded to the UK market a few months ago and are continually pumping out soccer content on DKUK. The Euros are HUGE there and I don’t see any better time (outside of the very start of the EPL season) to acquire new UK users, especially casuals who’ll follow their national team but not so much a club side.

• Craptor

Highly doubt they run combo slates with games from both tournaments. will be 2 and 3 game slates which suck donkey dick with 11 man rosters.

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

don’t see any reason they wouldn’t run some 4 game combined slates(exlcuding the mega early euro game)

• pep4464

@Craptor said...

Highly doubt they run combo slates with games from both tournaments. will be 2 and 3 game slates which suck donkey dick with 11 man rosters.

100 % agree…I long for the days of 8 players, especially on small slates. Also they haven’t combined different Leagues or tourneys yet. So that would be a first.

• webbm1

I’m in England and only found out about DK 2-3 weeks ago, been playing every day since. (Mainly MLB and EPL). Would love the Euros to be featured and would be a very good way of marketing for DFS over here. We’ve always had Fantasy Football but never Daily before.

• Juanpi

Guys I just confirmed they ARE doing the Euros… what they were doing with the American players, they are now doing that with the European players too. Look at Vardy, Ozil, Kane, etc. they all have the national team and #0, because they are building the squads for the Euros.

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

@webbm1 said...

I’m in England and only found out about DK 2-3 weeks ago, been playing every day since. (Mainly MLB and EPL). Would love the Euros to be featured and would be a very good way of marketing for DFS over here. We’ve always had Fantasy Football but never Daily before.

Welcome to the boards! Glad to see some EU presence trickling in. – Let us know if you have any suggestions or need anything (support@rotogrinders.com line always open)

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

glad to see some england players here on RotoGrinders! I’m excited about the future of DFS soccer

• MHDU2424

They’re doing an EPL/Europa League combo slate tomorrow

Looks like we might get Euro/Copa America combo slates

• SelfCharmer

God I actually hope they don’t do Euro16/Copa mixed slates – the pool of players who are going to research and play both will be very small – US players will have more interest in Copa – UK/Euro players in Euro 16. If they do end up doing combo slates, i imagine they will be similar to slates that include early KOs

Also, if they just run slates over 2 days (like UCL) they can easily get 6 game Euro 2016 slates – which would keep everyone happy. I hope they have all players available in the slates – considering the 23 man squads will be announced before the tournament – there shouldn’t be any surprises in the LUs

As a UK player I never got to experience the 8 man slate so can only imagine how much more fun they would have been :(

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@SelfCharmer said...

God I actually hope they don’t do Euro16/Copa mixed slates – the pool of players who are going to research and play both will be very small – US players will have more interest in Copa – UK/Euro players in Euro 16. If they do end up doing combo slates, i imagine they will be similar to slates that include early KOs

Also, if they just run slates over 2 days (like UCL) they can easily get 6 game Euro 2016 slates – which would keep everyone happy. I hope they have all players available in the slates – considering the 23 man squads will be announced before the tournament – there shouldn’t be any surprises in the LUs

As a UK player I never got to experience the 8 man slate so can only imagine how much more fun they would have been :(

I definitely echo this concern about the interest. My interest in the copa america is based purely on wanting the US to do well, but I probably wouldnt be watching the majority of the matches if it weren’t for DFS. My interest in the Euro is peaked and I’ll likely watch every single match regardless of whether there are DFS games.

• Mhesters

As long as I don’t need to be checking lineups at 4am I will have some small dfs interest in these games but will watch a ton of them recorded. Almost giddy that I talked my wife into tickets to the the Argentina-Chile game in Santa Clara to fulfill a dream of seeing Messi play in a game that counts.

• MHDU2424

@SelfCharmer said...

I hope they do a variety…..combo for fans of both tournaments like myself and many Americans….and then just Euro and just Copa slates for fans of them

Time wise it will be much better for American players but I think it’s just cool we are getting these games, period

• benapp

they should make a euro tournament. I don’t understand how you can have a Mexican league but not the Euros. Does anyone even watch the Mexican league? Or even play it?

Also, they need to lower the number of entries for the soccer contests.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

Both tournies are live on site now

• badgerdores

Nice job. Salaries for the Copa are ahh interesting.

Matt, you never got back to me so I’ll just assume that scoring for Friday’s games won’t be adjusted until after Saturday’s games correct?

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

lol why is michael bradley 7.6k

also if Pulisic starts, he’s 3.4k. Don’t think he starts vs Colombia, but good chance he does vs Paraguay and/or Costa Rica.

• waffles2003

Looks like DK changed their format again, is this just for this summer or also for the EPL and Euro leagues in the fall?

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

this is for the now, waffles, but things could change

badgerdores, scoring is adjusted whenever we get final box scores in

• waffles2003

I understand why you did it but it takes away from Skills in my mind, there are going to be tons of ties again…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).