MAIN FORUM

Comments

• DatDerFranny

Was hoping a DK rep could help me out here…

Will Draftkings be providing contests for the Copa Centenario and Euro this year? I’m assuming the Euros are a given, but was curious about the Copa as well. If so, will the competitions be combined in contests since they are running congruently?

I’m really excited for Soccer this summer. It’s going to feel like a World Cup year with the two international tournaments fielding a combined 40 nations.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@waffles2003 said...

I understand why you did it but it takes away from Skills in my mind, there are going to be tons of ties again…

Disagree. The larger rosters actually led to higher ownership percentage of top players. It may not be the case on all slates, but now you actually have to make decisions when you can only start 3 midfielders maximum (along with only 2 forwards). The smaller slates were really unplayable with 11 roster spots.

I do not recall a lot of ties when they only had 8 man rosters. I personally liked that format A LOT better.

• waffles2003

I hope you are right Stew, seems to me like everyone will stack the same players when there are only 2-4 games. I may be wrong.

• Craptor

You are indeed wrong.

• pep4464

@Birnbach said...

this is for the now, waffles, but things could change

badgerdores, scoring is adjusted whenever we get final box scores in

Thank you so much!!!!! Thank you DK!!!!! I am so ecstatic!!!!

• Yeoman

@benapp said...

Does anyone even watch the Mexican league? Or even play it?

There’s a lot of interest in Liga MX. In my old neighborhood in Chicago it was everywhere—every diner and low-end restaurant had a Mexican game on the TV. Kids wearing Chivas shirts. Whether that interest overlaps with DFS, I have no idea.

Maybe it just depends on where you live. I’d expect considerable interest in the Euros in the US. For a lot of us ethnicity trumps residency/citizenship where soccer fandom is concerned. Name a European country bigger than Albania and I can probably think of someone I know that’s a fan of their national team, but I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone whose primary soccer passion is the USMNT.

But that’s here. I’m guessing it’s not that way when you get out of the city.

• Craptor

Liga MX would be better if there were more resources to follow it.

• hopkinst

Seems like after the increase to 11 players entries decreased and GPPs went down. Nice work DraftKings—hopefully this increases GPPs leading into the ’16/17 prem season.

I don’t think lineup duplication is THAT big of a concern. Even in a three game slate that’s 66 players to choose from. I think people would be surprised how many unique 8 player lineups that can be made from 66 players.

ALSO crosses decreased from a point to 0.75 points is a needed adjustment.

• Yeoman

Maybe I shouldn’t jump to conclusions after just one night but I had the feeling pricing is loose with the new format. I didn’t feel any salary constraint at all on tonight’s MLS slate—I basically took my first choice at every position and had $600 left over. I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen at DK before, in any sport.

• Juanpi

I don’t think there will be that many ties… the pool is huge and the picks are not that obvious. Plus the events are more unpredictable than most other sports. Don’t see very many ties, I don’t even see many people (besides the same player with multientry) having identical lineups.

• badgerdores

So the 5K Kickoff Special for the Copa is already full showing there is some demand. DK still hasn’t posted contests for Copa matches in Group C and D? Anyone know if they are planning on doing so? Demand should be just as high with Argentina and El Tri playing.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

we’ll have games involving all of the Copa groups

• qatman

Wow this is great news. I will be playing more soccer this year on DK now.

• badgerdores

@wazzu24 said...

lol why is michael bradley 7.6k

also if Pulisic starts, he’s 3.4k. Don’t think he starts vs Colombia, but good chance he does vs Paraguay and/or Costa Rica.

Schuyler Redpath has Bradley listed under Others to Consider on DraftKings FC. I’m sure he’d argue he takes corners and if the US is going to score it is likely to be on a corner or free kick. That said, it is so stupid at that price. USA shouldn’t get a lot of corners given Colombia should have possession. Might as well take Brooks or Cameron under that logic. Also listed Fabian and Deuce. Guess his boss told him he had to put a US player in each position.

After saying all that I hope Mikey gets a hat trick – Off to the AO Nashville bar!

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

good to see a fellow AO!

also to anyone dead set on having a US player, I’d roll with either Wood or Bedoya

• pew_pew_pew

RG Overall Ranking

Are we going to have mainly 2 game slates? I’d much prefer two day overlapping 4 game slates, 2 game slates is just not worth the effort :(.

• pew_pew_pew

RG Overall Ranking

Are we going to have mainly 2 game slates? I’d much prefer two day overlapping 4 game slates, 2 game slates is just not worth the effort :(.

• Kcannon

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Agreed completely with Pew. Not going to play any of the 2 game slates just no reason to not have an overlapping 4 game slate each day.

• TrippinB

Do you have a go-to site for box scores you reccomend? Or a place to check how many DK pts a player may’ve scored even if they’re not in your LU?

• adnoble

Looking forward to some good soccer.

• gcowboy5886

Wish we had the 4 game, 2 day slates as well. 2 game slates every so often are ok, but don’t like them over and over.

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

Agreed. Not playing the 2 game slates

• pep4464

@gcowboy5886 said...

Wish we had the 4 game, 2 day slates as well. 2 game slates every so often are ok, but don’t like them over and over.

agreed

• badgerdores

I’ll add to the chorus that 4 game 2 day slate would be way better. I’ll play either way, but hopefully Matt or someone at DK listens to the people.

The only thing worse than the attendance and atmosphere in Orlando and Seattle yesterday was the soccer. Expect much better today.

• blenderhd

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

I’d have to agree with everyone here. I’d actually think an 8-game slate that encapsulates the entire round’s games would be even better, then also run the 2-game same day slates in concurrence with that.

• gcowboy5886

@badgerdores said...

I’ll add to the chorus that 4 game 2 day slate would be way better. I’ll play either way, but hopefully Matt or someone at DK listens to the people.

The only thing worse than the attendance and atmosphere in Orlando and Seattle yesterday was the soccer. Expect much better today.

Agreed that I’ll still play, just a lot less than the larger slate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).