MAIN FORUM

Comments

• DatDerFranny

Was hoping a DK rep could help me out here…

Will Draftkings be providing contests for the Copa Centenario and Euro this year? I’m assuming the Euros are a given, but was curious about the Copa as well. If so, will the competitions be combined in contests since they are running congruently?

I’m really excited for Soccer this summer. It’s going to feel like a World Cup year with the two international tournaments fielding a combined 40 nations.

• gcowboy5886

@blenderhd said...

I’d have to agree with everyone here. I’d actually think an 8-game slate that encapsulates the entire round’s games would be even better, then also run the 2-game same day slates in concurrence with that.

This is an awesome idea! Wouldn’t be any different than running a golf tournament as far as time goes. If they posted contests a couple days ahead as well, they’d fill some really good sized gpps.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

Appreciate the feedback guys

(hopefully the goals start coming!)

• tomac

if pew and cannon are going to sit them out, keep the 2 game slates

• Kcannon

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

FWIW we arent saying get rid of the 2 game slates. Keep them for everyone that likes them. We just want the 4 game overlappers as the main slates. I normally would play anyways but if the only way to see us get the overlapping slates is by us sitting out then I guess thats what we have to do.

• gcowboy5886

Looks like they went with the 2 day, 4 game slate for the main Monday and Tuesday! As well as Monday only. If this keeps up, it’ll be interesting to see how each slate shapes up. You could have some players heavily owned in a Mon-Tues slate, then hardly owned on Tues-Wed slate.

• Yeoman

I don’t see why it’s necessary to decide in advance whether the one-day or two-day version will be the main slate. Put them both up and see how they fill, then start putting up bigger GPPs where the demand is.

• MHDU2424

Anyone have any good sites for who takes corners and stuff like that for national teams?

I had a good idea for some of the teams and I guess after round 1 is over we will have a better idea

But it’d be nice to know who takes PK’s depending on the lineup etc

• Craptor

@MHDU2424 said...

Anyone have any good sites for who takes corners and stuff like that for national teams?

I had a good idea for some of the teams and I guess after round 1 is over we will have a better idea

But it’d be nice to know who takes PK’s depending on the lineup etc

I hear google is good for trying to find things on the internet.

• MHDU2424

Obviously I’ve looked for a good site that has all of this information easily accessible but I couldn’t find one so I was asking for options

No need to be like that but if it makes you feel any better fine

• Craptor

Data is basically the most important thing in soccer since it is so scarce. Any and all content I’ve found has been by scouring the internet (almost none is behind a paywall save for one site) so I tend to look down upon people wanting handouts.

Get better at googling (this is actually a skill).

• MHDU2424

It’s easy to find most of the time but some of the smaller Copa teams I can’t find anything concrete

We have a much better idea after the first round now anyway

• benapp

Does anyone want to join a cash euro cup league I’m doing on the fantasy euro cup site. Inbox me if you’re interested

• Jdotalan

Why does craptor take time to reply but yet always seem to end up sounding like a condescending jerk. Maybe he can’t help it.

• Craptor

I look down upon people looking for handouts, especially with a little work these are things you can easily figure out.

You’ll thank me later when you’ve improved your researching skills by actually working harder to figure things out on your own instead of hoping other people do it for you.

• nitwitin

I hope they go back to 11 player team format for soccer at the start of EPL season.With 8 player format, I understand that it’s become easy to make a team for a casual player and is a welcome move for introducing soccer to a wider audience.But it’s more suited for Euro and Copa type tournaments , where there are matches everyday(less time and info for research).

For weekly EPL slates, 8 player roster will just lead to less diversification and will result in stacking issues as we see in MLB .

• Craptor

8 players 10000000x better

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Craptor said...

8 players 10000000x better

THIS

• DatDerFranny

I like the 8s, too… although admittingly Im one fo the few people on earth who pretty much are only interested in international soccer, mainly because I dont feel like getting up at dawn on saturdays haha.

Btw… whats up with draftkings having so much fluctuation between the GPP guarantees from one day to the next? I don’t really care because its all relative, but its really been moving up and down a lot.

• Stewburtx8

@DatDerFranny said...

Btw… whats up with draftkings having so much fluctuation between the GPP guarantees from one day to the next? I don’t really care because its all relative, but its really been moving up and down a lot.

I was going to post about this. I actually don’t like that they keep offering 2 game slates and then 4 game slates at the same time. It just is spreading out the funds and making all the GPP’s far too small. They should just run rolling 4 game slates. So tonight they would have a Thursday/Friday contest. Tomorrow they would have a Friday/Saturday contest. And so on… I think that would be a lot of fun and they could at least post $3k-5k contests at the $27 level every night, and likely a little higher for the $3 contest. Right now it is just hard to get excited about a $1k guarantee.

I think they bump the contest sizes up a little when the US is playing. Other than that, they have been small.

• DatDerFranny

@Stewburtx8 said...

I was going to post about this. I actually don’t like that they keep offering 2 game slates and then 4 game slates at the same time. It just is spreading out the funds and making all the GPP’s far too small. They should just run rolling 4 game slates. So tonight they would have a Thursday/Friday contest. Tomorrow they would have a Friday/Saturday contest. And so on… I think that would be a lot of fun and they could at least post $3k-5k contests at the $27 level every night, and likely a little higher for the $3 contest. Right now it is just hard to get excited about a $1k guarantee.

I think they bump the contest sizes up a little when the US is playing. Other than that, they have been small.

I think youre right about the US slates. That also might explain why today’s two game slate is relatively large, since mexico is in it.

Personally, I don’t mind the two and four game slates together… it gives people options. Like tomorrow Ill be driving all evening for a family vacation, so I prefer the Thursday only slate this time, but normally I like the 4 game slate.

At any rate, 2 or 4 game slate, I don’t think there is any reason why they can’t make the 3 dollar a 6k guarantee and the 27 dollar an 8k guarantee. The 27 dollar tournaments have been filling very early. I think they got snake bit last saturday when they released that second 3 dollar tournament late when the first one filled early… it was like an 8k guarantee and only had time to get to about 60% full. (I loved the overlay though, haha). That shouldn’t have caused all of the gpps guarantees to be slashed, unless a mex or US slate, though. Cmon DK!

As an aside… I’m loving this tournament. The attendee sucks and the tickets are too high, but the soccer, especially the match day 2 games, has been fast paced, frenetic action. Hope they make this a every 4 years thing and call it the copa pan america or someting.

• StabiloBoss10

@Stewburtx8 said...

THIS

soooo much better.

• nitwitin

Will like to hear few reasons as to why folks overwhelmingly like 8 player format better.

• StabiloBoss10

Personally I find reverting back to 8 man rosters along with the adjusted scoring (reducing crosses to 0.75) has resulted in a more balanced product.

Without meaning to make excuses or sound like having sour grapes but the variance that came with 11 man rosters killed me so many times.

What I would like to understand is the reason for increasing roster sizes to 11 in the first place. I do not remember many people lobbying for this when we originally had 8 man rosters. It seems like the changes were made to appease the new UK audience who would expect 11 man rosters.

8 is the way to go for me. And I think on the bigger EPL and UCL the overlapping of players will not be an issue, just as I do not remember It being an issue when we originally had 8 man rosters.

• raiders7532

@benapp said...

they should make a euro tournament. I don’t understand how you can have a Mexican league but not the Euros. Does anyone even watch the Mexican league? Or even play it?

Also, they need to lower the number of entries for the soccer contests.

Mexican leagues are the most watched in the USA,more than EPL.

• Stewburtx8

Maybe I was wrong. Friday/Saturday 4 game slate that includes the US is a $500 guarantee at $27. That is just ridiculously pathetic and not even worth playing.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).