MAIN FORUM

Comments

• DatDerFranny

Was hoping a DK rep could help me out here…

Will Draftkings be providing contests for the Copa Centenario and Euro this year? I’m assuming the Euros are a given, but was curious about the Copa as well. If so, will the competitions be combined in contests since they are running congruently?

I’m really excited for Soccer this summer. It’s going to feel like a World Cup year with the two international tournaments fielding a combined 40 nations.

• DatDerFranny

@Stewburtx8 said...

Maybe I was wrong. Friday/Saturday 4 game slate that includes the US is a $500 guarantee at $27. That is just ridiculously pathetic and not even worth playing.

500 guarantee?? ewwww

• blenderhd

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

It seems as if DK is prioritizing the one-day slates with bigger prize pools with fewer contests, and the two-day slates are the opposite – more contests with smaller prize pools.

Honestly, I would have thought doing the reverse would make more sense – but I can understand it if it’s been done primarily to suit more casual users who may not be able/want to block out two straight nights to check starting lineups for each game.

• DatDerFranny

The friday saturday slate with a 750 guarantee and a 500 guarantee is embarassing. Draftkings, what’s up with this? Is it because the euros start friday? I would imagine the euros would only benefit copa participation. If you’re going to have guarantees that low, at least have some copa/euro combined slates.

• DoubleTime

• 2016 King of Summer: August

It is kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I’m sure there are a good number of new/casual DFSoccer players drawn in by the COPA tournament that look at those prizepools and decide not to play, that is where I’m at with that slate.

• pep4464

I prefer 8 man for 3 reasons.
    1. It makes you actual choose between good players instead of 11 man were the goal was to smash as many studs as possible and then hope you luck box a cdm or CB goal ftw.
    2. With 8 man you can’t just stack a whole team like Brazil the other night. Instead you have to actually try to figure out who will score the goals.
    3. The final reason is ownership percentages. It is OK for one or two people to be 50% owned but when it was 11 man half your roster was 50% owned!

• DatDerFranny

@DoubleTime said...

It is kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I’m sure there are a good number of new/casual DFSoccer players drawn in by the COPA tournament that look at those prizepools and decide not to play, that is where I’m at with that slate.

This

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

Been much more interest in the single day slates, even when 2 day was bigger. Keeping both slates around, but the interest is with the single day slates

• Yeoman

@blenderhd said...

It seems as if DK is prioritizing the one-day slates with bigger prize pools with fewer contests, and the two-day slates are the opposite – more contests with smaller prize pools.

I’m pretty sure it was the other way around for the first couple of two-day slates but they were seeing overlays on the big pools.

• blenderhd

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@Yeoman said...

I’m pretty sure it was the other way around for the first couple of two-day slates but they were seeing overlays on the big pools.

You’re correct. The 2nd/3rd two-day slates had a bunch of overlay. That’s why I noticed it so much when it switched the other way.

Most of my volume is in the low/mid stakes, so it’s a bit frustrating seeing them fill multiple separate $1-$12 level GPPs instead of having a single one with more entries. I know this is DK’s way of mitigating overlay risk, but when they’ve been consistently filling this way all week, maybe give it a shot opening with a bit larger pools to test & hit the optimal amount.

• Craptor

dk loves one day slates because of maxdalury rake. why would they take them away when they can rake all the action he generates every day instead of every other day.

its simple guys, the answer is always $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• joespa89

Does anyone know where I can see some projections for the Draft kings euro 2016 games? Currently their points are based on average per game in the qualifiers, and still has players like Andros Townsend in there (who didn’t make the England squad). Would be interested to see if anyone does them, this is my first time playing daily fantasy as a regular NFL fantasy player from the UK.

Thanks.

• webbm1

@joespa89 said...

Does anyone know where I can see some projections for the Draft kings euro 2016 games? Currently their points are based on average per game in the qualifiers, and still has players like Andros Townsend in there (who didn’t make the England squad). Would be interested to see if anyone does them, this is my first time playing daily fantasy as a regular NFL fantasy player from the UK.

Thanks.

Nice to see another UK user, I don’t know of any projection sites so can’t help with that.

Anyone playing in the 3 game slate today?

• poppadom182

@webbm1 said...

Nice to see another UK user, I don’t know of any projection sites so can’t help with that.

Anyone playing in the 3 game slate today?

Another UK user here

Yeah playing the 3 game slate today, not enjoying watching Seferovic missing chance after chance at the moment though

• ItsMeBT

Yeah would have been nice if Seferovic could have converted one of his multiple attempts but can’t complain too much as did have Schar.

Really hoping DK opens up some $3 contest for tomorrow soon.

• ItsMeBT

Huge goal there to wipe clean sheets plus came from Duda who wasn’t in the starting xi

• ItsMeBT

So angry about that late goal from Russia.

Took away a T20 in the Kickoff and a 2nd in the Set Piece.

Not to mention it looks like DK is lowering the GTD for tomorrow and completely removing the Set Piece smh

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Birnbach said...

Been much more interest in the single day slates, even when 2 day was bigger. Keeping both slates around, but the interest is with the single day slates

The guarantees for both the 2 game sets and 4 game sets are entirely too small to draw much interest. If they are going to be this small there is no reason to run overlapping 2 and 4 game sets where money gets spread out even more. At least run a slightly bigger 2 game slate if that is ultimately the decision (I’d much prefer 4 game slates but that doesn’t seem to be working). $750-$1k guaranteed is really not worth playing.

• DatDerFranny

Czech… 45 more minutes of defending the onslaught, please.

• DatDerFranny

Damn.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

Think we see a good 4 or 5 goals in this next match, all the Zlatan!

• Craptor

Expecting to see a lot of goals in any of the euro games is silly esp in the first round.

• ILoveMyBrick

The no assist for an own goal really needs to change

• MHDU2424

How does Ibra get no assist there?

Also wasn’t credited with a cross….huh?

I’m doing well with my other players today but Ibra might sink me

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Anyone watching AUS-HUN?
    What does it take to get credit for a cross here?
    End of 1st/beg of 2nd Arnautovic (twice) and Alaba with beautiful balls across the face of the goal and nada…

Edit: Arnautovic just got credit for a useless floater so I guess, it doesn’t matter if it goes across the face of the goal or if is dangerous… But it must be off the ground… Lol… Mental…

• DatDerFranny

Facepalm for playing teddy bjarnason instead of birkir bjarnason lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).