MAIN FORUM

Comments

• DatDerFranny

Was hoping a DK rep could help me out here…

Will Draftkings be providing contests for the Copa Centenario and Euro this year? I’m assuming the Euros are a given, but was curious about the Copa as well. If so, will the competitions be combined in contests since they are running congruently?

I’m really excited for Soccer this summer. It’s going to feel like a World Cup year with the two international tournaments fielding a combined 40 nations.

• DatDerFranny

So pissed that at the last second i switched what ended up being my best lineup from romero to bravo… pretty sure emileheskey catches me. Man hes been on fire.

At least messi subs for higuain here… one less guy I have to worry about. I need the brace from Lavezzi.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

England is tough to watch. They look awful. No reason Rooney or Sterling are in the starting XI.

• webbm1

@Stewburtx8 said...

England is tough to watch. They look awful. No reason Rooney or Sterling are in the starting XI.

We’ve all been wondering about Hodgson’s team selection. Sterling has had a very average season at Man City and didn’t do alot against Russia and yet we found the likes of Vardy, Sturridge on the bench. I didn’t understand why we were only playing one striker against a team like Wales, not disrespectful but we should have gone at them from the first minute with Vardy’s pace and energy.

When the two subs came on at half time it made a huge difference and although we left it late we deserved the 3 points.

• Stewburtx8

@webbm1 said...

When the two subs came on at half time it made a huge difference and although we left it late we deserved the 3 points.

2nd half was definitely a different story. Surprised Vardy came on for Kane but it seemed to work. Vardy, Sturridge, Rashford all provided more pace and energy.

I think that their best lineup (agree with your 2 striker comment) against most teams is probably a 4-3-1-2 with Kane and Vardy up top and Dele Alli sitting just off of them. Right now it just seems like the lineup/formation is catering to keeping Rooney in the starting XI.

• webbm1

I expect Rooney will stay in the XI for the whole tournament, no player should be undroppable but Rooney is near enough that under Hodgson. I really want to see Kane get another chance but with a partner, so Kane and Vardy/Sturridge would be my preferred outcome for Monday.

• Stewburtx8

@webbm1 said...

I expect Rooney will stay in the XI for the whole tournament, no player should be undroppable but Rooney is near enough that under Hodgson. I really want to see Kane get another chance but with a partner, so Kane and Vardy/Sturridge would be my preferred outcome for Monday.

Yes, that seems to be the case that Rooney will stay in the starting XI. I just think he makes them worse. I think they would have a much better chance of advancing far in this tournament with Dele Alli in an attacking midfield role and Dier behind him as a defensive midfielder. Similar to how those two play for Tottenham. I think Rooney’s presence makes them both uncomfortable.

But Rooney actually had a good game doing what he does. He continued to switch the ball a ton but it also made Rose and Walker their main outside threats. I think this team is better suited making short, quick passes and moving the ball through the middle to Kane and/or Vardy than trying to get it wide and cross the ball back in. Similar to what happened on Sturridge’s goal. Just my opinion.

• bigcrip

anyone winning any money in these things?

• pep4464

Dempsey’s “assist” was a shot and the goal keeper saved it with his foot…can’t believe he got an assist

• webbm1

@bigcrip said...

I haven’t really entered many so far during the Euros, got a lineup in a $1 50/50 to test the water abit but the time difference for Copa America makes it too unpractical for me with starting lineups.

• webbm1

Well done to the Croatian fans for costing your team a win. I’m sure UEFA will come down hard on them like they did with the Russians.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

That steward could have been seriously hurt when trying to pick that up. I’ll never understand some of these hooligans from these Eastern European countries.

• Stewburtx8

@Faucher said...

That steward could have been seriously hurt when trying to pick that up. I’ll never understand some of these hooligans from these Eastern European countries.

Sad part is that the Croatian fans were doing it in protest of the Croatian Football Federation. Any punishment imposed by UEFA will be giving them what they want.

• webbm1

@Stewburtx8 said...

Sad part is that the Croatian fans were doing it in protest of the Croatian Football Federation. Any punishment imposed by UEFA will be giving them what they want.

Makes abit more sense now as to what happened, sounds like a pre planned protest. You have to be worried how these flares/firecrackers are getting through the 2 security checkpoints.

• Craptor

@bigcrip said...

Yes.

• webbm1

Disappointing 0-0 for us last night vs Slovakia but we’re through to the knockout which was a must. We had the chances in the first half to win it but their keeper made some good saves from Lallana and Vardy, second half was pretty predictable. They would have known that Wales were winning and that if they could hold onto a draw it would be enough for to finish as a third place seed. They dropped deeper and deeper, parked the bus, wasted time and we set camp in their half. Our crossing wasn’t good enough and we didn’t have enough urgency towards the end but hopefully this will be the last time we see a team defend as much as that. Congratulations to Wales on topping the group but it’s not overly surprising. Slovakia set up completely different against Wales and were always trying to attack and leaving themselves open at the back.

The knockout round games will be alot more open as teams have to attack and try to win. The draw means we will play either Portugal, Hungary, Iceland or Austria. Whilst Portugal have looked abit cack infront of goal I’d still rather avoid them and fancy our chances much more against Iceland, Austria or Hungary.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

Anyone concerned about the Croatia game today? Some Croats are trying to get the game suspended and will try to do so by throwing flares and firecrackers at the referee and ref assistants about the 30th minute as reported on ESPN. Not sure if they will succeed or not but kind of pushing me off this game a tad, like a few of the Croats too.

• webbm1

@Faucher said...

Anyone concerned about the Croatia game today? Some Croats are trying to get the game suspended and will try to do so by throwing flares and firecrackers at the referee and ref assistants about the 30th minute as reported on ESPN. Not sure if they will succeed or not but kind of pushing me off this game a tad, like a few of the Croats too.

Certainly a possibility but the security will be stepped up and at worst if items are thrown on the pitch then the referee will take the players off until cleared. Hope so aswell as planning a stack for this game.

• virgilecaine

Why haven’t any of the regular soccer writers posted articles on the Euro and Copa? International competition is more popular across all hardcore fans and casual fans of the game. It just seems very weird, especially, when there are articles about the fuc king CFL that no one (sorry Canada) cares about or ever watched/bet on before. As a casual soccer fan I love the international competition and have always bet on it. Never once as a degenerate have I touched the CFL. Just a guess but I’m probably in the large majority.

Seems weird that RG isn’t pumping the GPPs like they normally do for DK.

• Stewburtx8

This Portugal/Austria/Iceland/Hungary group is impossible to figure out. Portugal and Austria were huge favorites to advance. As scores stand right now, Iceland and Hungary would advance.

• Stewburtx8

Iceland living a charmed life. Two games in a row with a PK that hit their post. Why they hell did Dragovic take the PK for Austria anyway? Would of thought Alaba or Arnautovic were the obvious top options.

• webbm1

I’d much prefer to play Iceland in the next round than Hungary or Portugal. Austria still looking for that first goal of the tourny.

• Stewburtx8

@webbm1 said...

I’d much prefer to play Iceland in the next round than Hungary or Portugal. Austria still looking for that first goal of the tourny.

It’s looking like England vs Portugal unless a stoppage time goal is scored

• Stewburtx8

@Stewburtx8 said...

It’s looking like England vs Portugal unless a stoppage time goal is scored

And there is is. Iceland scores late to finish 2nd in the group.

• webbm1

@Stewburtx8 said...

And there is is. Iceland scores late to finish 2nd in the group.

:D As soon as the Portugal game finished, flipped over to the Iceland game and the goal went in. Such a relief as despite Iceland having a good tournament so far we should have enough to beat them. I wouldn’t have been able to take another penalty shootout loss to Portugal.

What game to watch now, Italy vs Ireland or Belgium vs Sweden. With the Italians already through and likely to rest a few I think we’ll see more goals in the Belgium game.

• Stewburtx8

@webbm1 said...

:D As soon as the Portugal game finished, flipped over to the Iceland game and the goal went in. Such a relief as despite Iceland having a good tournament so far we should have enough to beat them. I wouldn’t have been able to take another penalty shootout loss to Portugal.

Although Iceland will probably play the exact style that England has had trouble with so far. A very defensive, park the bus type style as they did versus Portugal and look to counterattack.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).