• whodat2

When: Sept 24-27

Where: Punta Cana, Dominican

Course: Corales GC | A par 72 playing at 7666 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Graeme McDowell at -18

Last Year’s Cut: -2

Coverage: Golf Channel | NBC

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• whodat2

No shot tracker, no PGA Tour Live.

• ifthethunder

@whodat2 said...

No shot tracker, no PGA Tour Live.

dammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn. WHY GOLF LORDS, WHY???
    ~

• byo34

I was on Zalatoris last week, but 4 days of playing at Winged Foot and likely to be chalk and one of the highest priced guys… might be fade worthy. Especially at a place that usually is a putting contest.

Unless he sticks it within 3 feet every other hole which is very possible with him!

• timusbr

I cant pass on a week of golf DFS, but I can spend less time on it.

Punta Cana Dominican Republic has its own week and isnt a secondary event. I still think it draws the finest Korn Ferry guys and my favorite scrubs go from sub 7K to 10K this week

• mitchsnyderdfw

Too bad we can’t have DK action on the Payne’s Valley Cup tomorrow.

Team Europe looks doomed if Rose plays like he did last week.

• smallANDflaccid

@timusbr said...

I cant pass on a week of golf DFS, but I can spend less time on it.

This is my take on nearly all of DFS while football is going on – I make far more betting on NFL right now, so just doing minimal DFS because it is fun and it forces me to go through the motions to update databases and stuff if I ever have time to circle back and check on some algos.

• BrianVT

Two years of data really sucks. If it weren’t for my season long DFS league and a OAD, I wouldn’t bother spending any time on this tournament. Now I have to at least figure out a good single entry.

Of course, that will probably end-up making me enter like 10 more contests since I already went through the trouble and think I somehow landed on guys worth playing.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Salaries are out.

Might have a tough time justifying $9900 for Adam Long this week, but I made a LU I really like and not going to touch it all week. See ya Thursday.

Zalatoris up top, when has a guy that is playing on an exemption ever been listed as the top salary?

• tprokopenko

Been waiting for Zalatoris in a regular PGA event, and then of course he goes for 6th in the US Open and is now ridiculously priced. Gotta think the fade is the play. Hughes will likely anchor my lineups coming off a MC at the US.

• BIF

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Salaries are out.

Might have a tough time justifying $9900 for Adam Long this week, but I made a LU I really like and not going to touch it all week. See ya Thursday.

Zalatoris up top, when has a guy that is playing on an exemption ever been listed as the top salary?

Agree on Will Z – seems weird to be top salary especially when I see all kinds of good PGA Tour vets priced $1500-2500 cheaper.

• tprokopenko

@BIF said...

Agree on Will Z – seems weird to be top salary especially when I see all kinds of good PGA Tour vets priced $1500-2500 cheaper.

He’s the Vegas betting favorite. I doubt DK gonna deviate much from those odds.

• mgravity

@BIF said...

name names.

• j_holiday

New PGR rankings are out! Here are the notable jumps from last week:

3. B. DeChambeau (+5)
    11. H. English (+6)
    14. L. Oosthuizen (+10)
    18. M. Wolff (+13)
    43. Z. Johnson (+21)
    56. T. Pieters (+29)
    83. T. Detry (+30)
    138. W. Zalatoris (+16)
    140. R. Paratore (+29)

Check out the latest rankings here

DK salaries have been added for the Corales Puntacana Championship! Check out the second tab to see recent form for all players.

@JStocksSmith

• Baysman

@j_holiday said...

New PGR rankings are out! Here are the notable jumps from last week:

3. B. DeChambeau (+5)
    11. H. English (+6)
    14. L. Oosthuizen (+10)
    18. M. Wolff (+13)
    43. Z. Johnson (+21)
    56. T. Pieters (+29)
    83. T. Detry (+30)
    138. W. Zalatoris (+16)
    140. R. Paratore (+29)

Check out the latest rankings here

DK salaries have been added for the Corales Puntacana Championship! Check out the second tab to see recent form for all players.

@JStocksSmith

Spieth now at 94. Unreal his drop the last few years. I hope he can get it together one day and start contending again.

• timusbr

Thank god some of you feel the same way as I do…

1) I got a spreadsheet of info and it really works out well for me if I keep it up each day. thats all the DK data when it comes out and each days results. Doing it when its fresh is a necessity. 2+ years of data and now its got me by the balls. (making up a couple or several weeks of data is a ball buster and produces holes in data)

2) I really miss the “google sheet” doc. its good for quick looks. So I am trying to create a Tim version. I have issues….I am not as smart or experienced at data manipulations. I resort to time consuming formatting to get the multiple sorts and multiple weeks together.

If anyone would like to get the free tim info for life, just take the time to look at what I got and tell me how I can match it together without spending so much time.
    basicly I have golfer/salary/topar/position for week1 and week2 now I want to combine them by golfer. and be able to add week 3 and so on without cutting and pasting each line or inserting deleting cells to get them to match up correctly.

• timusbr

Happy Meal Cup after week 2
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiKGps2bl5SRnE311sFmcDHvN5wo

The US Open is a Major and worth 2x happy meal Cup Pts
    FYI the winner for week 2 came from the second Happy Meal contest, so if you think you deserved more pts look at the backup tab (that blue/purple color is the second contest sorted with the big contest)

I stopped saying congratulations and I dont know why. I wish everyone luck and good fortune.
    congrats to mirkearn, b3gbie, jimmy_golfs52, captainsycamore, Getty3 for your US Open and being the early leaders in the Happy Meal Cup.

• Getty33

Looking forward to this Corales course on TV. Supposed to be one of the most picturesque courses in the world. I’m kind of a tropical guy anyways, so I know I’ll like it. Long range forecast for the event looks to be favorable with only 20% rain chance daily with highs in the upper 80’s, lows upper 70’s, high humidity, but light winds.

• hbomb57

Tidbit news on Bryson:

“ Bryson DeChambeau now plans to use a 48-inch driver at The Masters in six weeks time. That is a mighty wand by any standard.”

Guess he is attempting the Tiger Master of 97.

• timusbr

@hbomb57 said...

Tidbit news on Bryson:

“ Bryson DeChambeau now plans to use a 48-inch driver at The Masters in six weeks time. That is a mighty wand by any standard.”

Guess he is attempting the Tiger Master of 97.

I am 5’9 and the driver came to my chest. That seems about 4 ft. 1) what would be right for average height? 2) I always say you experiment too much you get in bad habits. Just spitballing here but a longer shorter club can change how the club strikes the ball and the micro mm of difference can get magnified as many standard deviations away from the mean. or in my terms he hits a longer club he is more prone to spraying farther from the fairway and what was that BS during the Tour championship of him hitting it the least farthest?

• cplatt87

Just glanced through the salaries and yikes. Hard to justify playing this week

• Kp24

You guys talking about not playing, you’re gonna miss Grillo week! He’s gonna win by 4 :)

• Getty33

@cplatt87 said...

Just glanced through the salaries and yikes. Hard to justify playing this week

So you think David Lingmerth is too expensive at 6500 ?

• mogan11

KSDT week?

• whodat2

@Getty33 said...

Looking forward to this Corales course on TV. Supposed to be one of the most picturesque courses in the world. I’m kind of a tropical guy anyways, so I know I’ll like it. Long range forecast for the event looks to be favorable with only 20% rain chance daily with highs in the upper 80’s, lows upper 70’s, high humidity, but light winds.

C’mon now…. you know the are no light winds on the water in the Caribbean. Corales is a nice track, but if you are ever in Punta Cana, Punta Espada golf course is even better.

• timusbr

@Kp24 said...

You guys talking about not playing, you’re gonna miss Grillo week! He’s gonna win by 4 :)

playin but the fun of watchin is much less. I dont work so its not the Thursday and Friday be at your desk and be noticed thing for me. No shot tracker, No TV except Golf Channel and NBC when the Feature guys play. It will be like waiting for the leaderboard to update in a Euro contest.
    just sayin I will be locked and loaded before the NFL game finishes tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.