INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1. NBA Suspends season due to Coronavirus
    2. Major conference basketball tournaments to proceed without fans: The Big 12, Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12, SEC, American Athletic Conference and Southland basketball tournaments will proceed without fans beginning with Thursday’s games, following the lead of the NCAA tournament in barring anybody but family and essential personnel.
    3. NCAA tournament will be played without fans: The NCAA made the unprecedented decision to hold the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments without fans because of the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
    4. Michigan, Ohio State cancel spring games: The Big 10 rivals are among the programs that have canceled their annual spring football games, as schools around the country continue to strategize around the coronavirus outbreak.
    5. Ohio to issue order preventing fans at “mass gatherings”: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine will soon issue an order preventing fans from attending “mass gatherings,” which will impact the NCAA’s First Four next week at Dayton Arena, and first- and second-round games in Cleveland.
    6. Ivy League cancels all spring sports: The Ivy League is canceling all spring sports for the 2019-20 school year. The decision of the member university presidents was unanimous.
    7. 2020 College Basketball Invitational cancelled: The 2020 College Basketball Invitational, created in the 2007-08 season, has been cancelled and will resume in 2021. The CBI selects 16 teams that are not picked for the NCAA tournament or NIT.
    8. USC bans fans from all home athletic events: In response to the coronavirus outbreak, fans will be unable to attend home athletic events at USC starting Wednesday and continuing through March 29.

These are just some of the sporting events already affected by COVID-19.

I figured I would open this thread for any discussions and any new developments. Please, as always, no speculative posts, racist comments and keep it civil as much as possible.

• Ross

For RG Premium subscribers wondering what will happen to their subscriptions during this time —

Core monthly and annual subs will be extended for free while we monitor how this plays out, & we’ll adjust accordingly as more news unfolds from the varying leagues. During that time you will incur no new charges and still have access to premium content (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA, XFL) for leagues still running along with full RotoAcademy access.

If you have any questions about your account subscription you can Contact Us Here

• tmarohl

Nascar just postponed a race

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Thank you for getting this out in a timely manner, I know I’m not the only one who was wondering.

• dolphinkick182

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/3/11/21175807/coronavirus-ufc-brasilia-events-jeopardy

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Not officially yet. This weekend’s race is still on. Next weekend’s race has not be canceled yet, but if NASCAR decides to run it, it will have to be without fans in attendance, as the Mayor of Miami has banned large gatherings. NASCAR I believe is supposed to make an announcement at 1 PM EST.

• MotownGreek

@tmarohl said...

Am I reading the news correct that this weeks race is still on, only the following weeks is cancelled at this time?

• eaglezzz

MLS season suspended.

I think all sports will be suspended or cancelled in the next couple of days. DFS looks to be over for the next month or so.

Time to fire up NFL Best Balls.

• Numberoneoutlaw

NASCAR hasn’t postponed the race. The mayor of Miami County did. NASCAR’s decision will be made by 1:00 pm est.

• marker0357

anyone else hear that SEC, Big10, and American conf tournaments all canceled?

• marker0357

If they even play the NCAA, the selection will be a shit show

• dolphinkick182

I’m reading that all NHL practices and morning skates have been cancelled. A report is expected within the next few hours.

• bigwillie20

@marker0357 said...

If they even play the NCAA, the selection will be a shit show

No chance they’re gonna play it

• JSteele

MLS suspended their season for 30 days

NHL is likely going to get announced in an hour or so.

• marker0357

This whole chain of events is surreal

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

I’ve tried to stay pretty level-headed through all of this as it just seems kind of crazy. But now, man… we are definitely going through something we’ve never seen before (beyond NBA). It’s just crazy how much this is affecting life in general.

• Gadnuk

MLB to cancel spring training with likely postponed opening day. Been reading that it could be even May 1st. Looks like all sports will be gone for several months.

• gordylamb

RG Overall Ranking

I will take the over on no NBA/NHL games being played until after May 1st if anyone wants action slide into the dm’s

• marker0357

this is shaping up to be a world-changer

• tmarohl

MLB expected to suspend operations indefinetly.

• bigez952

It looks like the only sport we will have left to play is the PGA. Maybe this will make for some really big contests over the next few weeks.

• Gadnuk

@bigez952 said...

It looks like the only sport we will have left to play is the PGA. Maybe this will make for some really big contests over the next few weeks.

This is assuming it is not cancelled. PGA / NAS / LOL-eSports / XFL are the only ones that have not fully cancelled yet. I expect XFL to cancel soon. PGA and NAS are the only sports I can see continuing but find hard to believe. Some soccer may continue. Guess it is time to start learning foreign soccer, NAS, and PGA!

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Not officially yet. This weekend’s race is still on. Next weekend’s race has not be canceled yet, but if NASCAR decides to run it, it will have to be without fans in attendance, as the Mayor of Miami has banned large gatherings. NASCAR I believe is supposed to make an announcement at 1 PM EST.

They just announced the next two races will be run without fans.

• tmarohl

NHL now suspends operations

• UGAdude

Can we place bets on when all these sports will resume? I need something to gamble on.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

They just announced the next two races will be run without fans.

NASCAR contests are probably going to fill quickly now, as people look for their fix.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).