INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1. NBA Suspends season due to Coronavirus
    2. Major conference basketball tournaments to proceed without fans: The Big 12, Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12, SEC, American Athletic Conference and Southland basketball tournaments will proceed without fans beginning with Thursday’s games, following the lead of the NCAA tournament in barring anybody but family and essential personnel.
    3. NCAA tournament will be played without fans: The NCAA made the unprecedented decision to hold the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments without fans because of the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
    4. Michigan, Ohio State cancel spring games: The Big 10 rivals are among the programs that have canceled their annual spring football games, as schools around the country continue to strategize around the coronavirus outbreak.
    5. Ohio to issue order preventing fans at “mass gatherings”: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine will soon issue an order preventing fans from attending “mass gatherings,” which will impact the NCAA’s First Four next week at Dayton Arena, and first- and second-round games in Cleveland.
    6. Ivy League cancels all spring sports: The Ivy League is canceling all spring sports for the 2019-20 school year. The decision of the member university presidents was unanimous.
    7. 2020 College Basketball Invitational cancelled: The 2020 College Basketball Invitational, created in the 2007-08 season, has been cancelled and will resume in 2021. The CBI selects 16 teams that are not picked for the NCAA tournament or NIT.
    8. USC bans fans from all home athletic events: In response to the coronavirus outbreak, fans will be unable to attend home athletic events at USC starting Wednesday and continuing through March 29.

These are just some of the sporting events already affected by COVID-19.

I figured I would open this thread for any discussions and any new developments. Please, as always, no speculative posts, racist comments and keep it civil as much as possible.

• yisman

They finally pulled the plug on the Tokyo Olympics.

• yisman

Santa Anita just postponed racing indefinitely, after saying they had no plans to stop.

https://twitter.com/santaanitapark/status/1243629785785364480/photo/1

LA Health Department intervened.

• yisman

FD has a Santa Anita freeplay up for tomorrow

over 18,000 entries

people keep entering, not realizing it will be canceled

• Moszman

Gulfstream up now.

• rourke441

not one dime of my federal stimulus checkj will be spent on any form of gambling

• gridironguru99

RG Overall Ranking

which site goes bust first?

• JustDFSin

@gridironguru99 said...

which site goes bust first?

Imagine the amount of people filing chargebacks

• yisman

News from yesterday:

Trump said he’s hopeful sports can return in September with the NFL, but California governor Newsom says he won’t be approving sports in California in September (basically).

• yisman

bokamotoESPN
    ·
    10m
    BREAKING: UFC 249 has been canceled. All UFC events postponed indefinitely, due to COVID-19. Dana White says he was ready to promote the event but things were taken out of his control. Much, much more on this to come.

• rgreuli

Gov. Newsome just said today that large scale sporting events are not in the cards until a vaccine for Covid19 is available which is 12-18 months away. Sucks since I live in California but would imagine other states will follow this lead.

• SkateFiend

mlb will likely play in Arizona. If Wyoming had 12 stadiums our problem would be solved.

• jjwd

@rgreuli said...

Gov. Newsome just said today that large scale sporting events are not in the cards until a vaccine for Covid19 is available which is 12-18 months away. Sucks since I live in California but would imagine other states will follow this lead.

Most other states will definitely not follow that asinine lead.

• bigez952

@jjwd said...

Most other states will definitely not follow that asinine lead.

I agree that most states will not follow the lead of California who is dead set on keeping the economy crushed until after the November election.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@bigez952 said...

I agree that most states will not follow the lead of California who is dead set on keeping the economy crushed until after the November election.

What other conspiracy theories di you have to share with us today?

• bigez952

@thedude404 said...

What other conspiracy theories di you have to share with us today?

It is what it is. The governor himself said he wouldn’t allow any sporting events until Thanksgiving which is convenient timing. If sports is going to be held in 2020 it is going to have to be done without California and likely New York.

EDIT: I was wrong and it was a Santa Clara County Official that said no sports till Thanksgiving and not the Governor

• thedude404

@bigez952 said...

It is what it is. The governor himself said he wouldn’t allow any sporting events until Thanksgiving which is convenient timing. If sports is going to be held in 2020 it is going to have to be done without California and likely New York.

So you are admitting you were making things up when you said the CA governor is dead set on crushing the economy until after the elections. In other words you were insinuating that his sole reason for keeping the economy shut down is political. Where is your evidence of this?

• bigez952

@thedude404 said...

So you are admitting you were making things up when you said the CA governor is dead set on crushing the economy until after the elections. In other words you were insinuating that his sole reason for keeping the economy shut down is political. Where is your evidence of this?

I don’t have evidence of anything and its strictly my opinion. I don’t expect anything to really start to go back to normal until after the election as nothing would be worse for the democratic states than for the stock market to rebound in a big way right before the election. Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but its just the way I see things playing out in the strongly Democratic states.

• thedude404

@bigez952 said...

I don’t have evidence of anything and its strictly my opinion. I don’t expect anything to really start to go back to normal until after the election as nothing would be worse for the democratic states than for the stock market to rebound in a big way right before the election. Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but its just the way I see things playing out in the strongly Democratic states.

Thats what conspiracy theories are…..opinions not backed by facts or evidence. Thank you for admitting that you spreading a conspiracy theory.

• yisman

Not surprisingly, Kirk Cousins would like playing without fans.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/kirk-cousins-nfl-no-fans-refreshing-good-01e5yy1wvymb

Honestly, we practice every day in an empty grass area and pump in fake crowd noise for away games. But more often than not, you’re used to it. OTA practices don’t have a lot of pomp and circumstance to them. So honestly, to go out and just play the game would kind of be refreshing, a breath of fresh air, to just let us know that we don’t have to have all the smoke and the fire.

• rgreuli

Now the Mayor of Los Angeles is expected to announce no concerts or sporting events in Los Angeles until 2021.

• wolfjb1

As a Vikings, fan @#$% Cousins. I mean, I know he’s at least a top-15 QB but c’mon man! He just doesn’t want to hear the boos. He’s too fragile.

• jjwd

@rgreuli said...

Now the Mayor of Los Angeles is expected to announce no concerts or sporting events in Los Angeles until 2021.

This is a very dumb idea. Liberal govs and mayors are tripping over themselves to virtue signal about the virus. But these political moves can’t affect reality forever. The science keeps adjusting the death rate lower as more testing is done. Then, at a certain point, capitalism kicks in, and big cities will lose too much money. Well before 2021.

• thedude404

@jjwd said...

This is a very dumb idea. Liberal govs and mayors are tripping over themselves to virtue signal about the virus. But these political moves can’t affect reality forever. The science keeps adjusting the death rate lower as more testing is done. Then, at a certain point, capitalism kicks in, and big cities will lose too much money. Well before 2021.

The current Covid death rate is 4.6% ie 32,823 deaths out of 712,184 cases. As of April 1st, the death rate was 2.15% https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/01/low_us_covid-19_death_rate_means_efforts_are_working.html.

So the death rate is NOT decreasing it is increasing.

But hey I have absolutely ZERO problem with these trump supporting “liberators” getting out there and proving me wrong provided they stay among their own kind.

ZERO problem with that.

EDIT: Also there us currently no plan in place by the government to conduct mass testing and it is my opinion there never will be one put in place. So people will be sent back out without any idea of the actual numbers as to how many have the virus. In fact Florida just reopened some beaches already and they are jam packed. IMO if this kind of recklessness continues the virus number will skrocket.

• JustDFSin

NewOrleans is another city who has cancelled all events for the rest of 2020. No word was made on the Saints.

• jjwd

@thedude404 said...

So the death rate is NOT decreasing it is increasing.

Sorry, dude404. You are WAY behind the curve on this. Pretty lazy. You might want to do some reading before you start lobbing the Trump supporter insults and disrespecting half the country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/antibody-study-suggests-coronavirus-is-far-more-widespread-than-previously-thought
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200418/new-model-shows-covid-more-widespread-less-severe
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/17/santa-clara-covid-19-antibody-study-suggests-broad-asymptomatic-spread.html

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler