We at the RG Video team wanted to set up a resource to help our viewers with our Premium Video streams as well as open up a line of communication to assist in further troubleshooting. As I’m sure most of you already know, having a strong internet signal is key to a stable video stream, but if you do experience buffering in your video, here are a few other things you can try:
1. Refreshing your page. After refreshing, allow the video time to load again before navigating away.
2. Opening a second video feed while you already have one open can cause issues with the first. Try to avoid opening multiple video feeds.
3. Within your browser programs preferences, clearing browser cache and cookies, which can at times become outdated and buggy, will help clear up video issues.
We understand these video issues can arise at very inconvenient times with DFS Slate lock oftentimes very soon. We are always streaming an audio-only signal into the RG app that can be used as an alternate. Once you’re logged into the RotoGrinders app, click Audio (there should be an “On-Air” tag next to it when we’re live), and select the “Crunch Time” feed at the top of the queue.
In the hopes of helping our viewers troubleshoot potential deeper issues with their viewing experience, we would like some information from any affected users that can help us in determining a potential cause of the problem. If you experience issues while watching Crunch Time and the above steps don’t work, please take some time to answer these questions when you’re able.
Please send all responses to email@example.com include the subject line “Crunch Time Report”.
NOTE: Please do not close your browser after experiencing the issue as some of the steps require logs from that specific session.
1. Please go to speedtest.net and run a test to determine your current bandwidth, include the speeds for both upload and download.
2. What area are you located? (ex: what state are you in?)
3. If possible, capture a debug key for the playback session (To capture a debug key, press “D” on your keyboard when viewing a live stream to open the debug panel. Then, click “Copy debug key” and paste this to us in your next email.) If you are on a mobile device, you will need to take steps to activate these debug logs before you can complete this step. Information can be found here for mobile debug logs: https://support.brightcove.com/debugging-mobile-devices
We understand technical difficulties can be frustrating, but oftentimes the issues are not widespread and are isolated to a few users, which obviously makes troubleshooting difficult. Gathering this information from the affected users can help us pinpoint potential sources of these issues, even if the source is not from the viewer’s end. As always, we appreciate your patience.