PGA FORUM

Comments

• Mphst18

DAUT44 and MIR84 already once caught colluding and disqualified from the kings cup by DK but still allowed to play on the site are back at it again colluding to circumvent the max entries for the millionaire maker so they have 300 entries.

Each entered the max 150 lineups (MIR used 20 players) (DAUT used 22 players).

The core 20 players used are identical with Reed (12% of DAUT lineups) and Finau (3.3% of DAUT lineups) as the 2 players DAUT used the MIR didnt.

Both have 47%+ usage in lineups of main core of Kuchar, McIlroy, Molinari, Johnson, and Garcia.

The Fact they these two who are known to work together, have been caught colluding before, have the same 20 players with near identical ownership %s yet have no lineups that overlap shows clearly they are doing this to have 300 entries (not the 150 limit).

I understand these two are VIP players and dk generates a lot of revenue from them but how long will they allow their consumers to be unprotected and the integrity of their contests to be doubted.

• cutter2225

Looks like another cut and dry case and as mentioned in the other thread it shouldn’t matter if they finish near the top or bottom of the standings in this contest, the fact it’s being done with no recourse from DK is troubling.

• Mphst18

Yep and anyone who abides by thier TOS and finishes in a pay line below one of their entries is being cheated out of money.

• Bigo1

There is a fine line btw collusion and sharing ideas/ending up with many similar players. Plus I am far from certain that we are disadvantaged big time if we face more LUs with the chalk players like DJ, Rory, Sergio and Koouch.

To be clear, I don’t know those players and I don’t give a F about them. But there have been more and more names shaming on this site based on strong facts but not full evidence.

• teamcdot

LOL, wahhh boo hoo hoo….“build a better lineup” sounds awfully familiar when a collusion is happening & it doesn’t affect the person commenting…but oh no when YOU the commenter is affected it’s the end of the world. #GetOverIt

• Mphst18

I have been vocal and against team play/syndicates and collusion for quite some time now.

However this tells me all I need to know about you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cdotjudge

• Pickle29

Daut44

Matt Kuchar 51%
    Rory McIlroy 51%
    Sergio Garcia 51%
    Dustin Johnson 48%
    Francesco Molinari 47%
    Gary Woodland 47%
    Brandt Snedeker 45%
    Charl Schwartzel 34%
    Emiliano Grillo 33%
    Andy Sullivan 28%
    Henrik Stenson 27%
    Chris Kirk 27%
    Branden Grace 25%
    J.B. Holmes 23%
    Jim Furyk 14%
    Patrick Reed 12%
    Brendan Steele 9%
    Adam Scott 8%
    Steve Stricker 8%
    Zach Johnson 5%
    Bubba Watson 4%
    Tony Finau 3%

MakeItRain84

Matt Kuchar 50%
    Rory McIlroy 50%
    Francesco Molinari 50%
    Dustin Johnson 50%
    Sergio Garcia 49%
    Branden Grace 46%
    Jim Furyk 39%
    Gary Woodland 37%
    Brandt Snedeker 32%
    J.B. Holmes 27%
    Charl Schwartzel 27%
    Emiliano Grillo 27%
    Henrik Stenson 21%
    Andy Sullivan 21%
    Chris Kirk 19%
    Brendan Steele 15%
    Bubba Watson 12%
    Zach Johnson 12%
    Steve Stricker 10%
    Adam Scott 5%

• cutter2225

@teamcdot once you have something remotely non juvenile to add to these threads maybe someone will pay positive attention to you. Until then go in the corner and keep quiet.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

There is a simple solution. Perma ban one group of these colluding players and make everyone aware that you perma banned them. That will send the correct message. The message they are sending now is well, you can avoid following our TOS. We’ll either ignore it, or change the rules. Only if you are a VIP member though.

• bigcrip

they arent colluding….

• BennyRamirez

@teamcdot said...

LOL, wahhh boo hoo hoo….“build a better lineup” sounds awfully familiar when a collusion is happening & it doesn’t affect the person commenting…but oh no when YOU the commenter is affected it’s the end of the world. #GetOverIt

Understandable, but be fair here. Mphst is a true believer on a crusade. I don’t share the vitriol, but I share the concern enough to appreciate his consistency.

• jman3034

Sucks that there is collusion going on don’t get me wrong and definitely think something should be done about it, but if everyone is so upset by it then stop playing in the Milly Makers and the bigger prized GPPs so you don’t feel cheated.

• tonytone1908

So how exactly would you prove that, undoubtedly, collusion was happening here? I don’t think you can, and until you can nothing is going to be done.

• awilson45

@jman3034 said...

Sucks that there is collusion going on don’t get me wrong and definitely think something should be done about it, but if everyone is so upset by it then stop playing in the Milly Makers and the bigger prized GPPs so you don’t feel cheated.

“Don’t play cash games if you can’t handle the Sharks sharing lineups”
    “build better lineups”
    “don’t play bigger GPPs so you don’t feel as cheated”

Pretty unacceptable that DK will let shit like this happen but they’re so quick to ban others for profiting off of petty referrals

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@jman3034 said...

That’s your solution? So it’s our fault we are being cheated. We’ve been playing in the wrong contests. I guess I should have looked for the contests with the notification that nobody is breaking the TOS. My fault.

• Mphst18

@tonytone1908 said...

So how exactly would you prove that, undoubtedly, collusion was happening here? I don’t think you can, and until you can nothing is going to be done.

You have the history of them colluding before including dk removing them from the kings cup ( they did give them their 5300 each back) , you have Ryan’s own admission that they work together and then you have the statistical probability that they would use the same 20 players to make 300 lineups and not one overlaps ( that’s not by chance).

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

Since the contest just started, seems to me that the solution is simple:
    1 – Cancel their entries
    2 – Refund the money (?)
    3 – Enforce some kind of punitive action for future (time suspension? Restrict account to single entry?)

• awesemo

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I believe that even though there is a rule against syndicate play, the de facto rule has been that this type of behavior is acceptable and will be until Draftkings issues further statements. Seems in poor taste though with the large discussion happening in the other thread.

• Lathum

@tonytone1908 said...

DK doesn’t HAVE to prove anything, it is a business and they have every right to refuse whomever they want to use the site. If they had enough compelling evidence, which it seems there is, they could chose to ban them.

IF the OP was really serious he could attempt to file suit against DK for allowing them to play despite overwhelming evidence. I am actually surprised they are allowed to is someone at DK knows, because this is the exact kind of ammo that AGs are looking for to use against the sites.

• BennyRamirez

@jman3034 said...

See, I didn’t care too much until I started reading threads here and replies like this along all of the other stuff like “build better lineups” and “a lot of pros do it, so, you know, they do” and it made me feel like a chump for not caring. Sometimes you say things to yourself to pacify, but it takes hearing it out of others’ mouths or read it in someone else’s post to feel icky about the sentiment.

At a certain point, these pass over aggressive statements beg the question of whether or not you value the rule at question and you kind of have to take a stand to not be wasting space or enabling dirty play. If you don’t, explain why you don’t value the rule and that’s fine, but otherwise, it’s a really bad look.

It’s an even worse look from pros and RG staffers because it amplifies a problem this community has. The problem that DFS exists to be a profession and not entertainment, and that said entertainment is based on competition, and that competition is only as legitimate as it is fair. Pros/mods are better off ignoring the issue than selling these “stand for nothing” expressions.

• MarvG

Ban these guys, collusion is ruining the spirit of the game.

• QSchoolDropOut

Well there 50 percent ownership of Rory doesn’t look so hot right.

• BennyRamirez

@tonytone1908 said...

This is a legitimate feeling of powerlessness, but it isn’t on the truters to solve the problem. That burden ought to be on the facilitators of the competition.

Blaming the customer for not doing the service providers’ job feels like a red herring. And to say, if you don’t like it, don’t play misses the point that the facilitators sell the customers on fair play rules within the terms. People are calling for more rules. People are calling for better efficacy in enforcement of the rules which already exist.

• Mphst18

Dk appears to be only concerned with fraud against dk not fraud against consumers. However I would think circumventing entry limits would be fraud against the site.

It is also puzzling that they don’t see the risk associated with this fraud.

• jman3034

@thedude404 said...

That’s your solution? So it’s our fault we are being cheated. We’ve been playing in the wrong contests. I guess I should have looked for the contests with the notification that nobody is breaking the TOS. My fault.

For the time being until something is done about it, then yes that is the solution. Draftkings will start to see a dip in the people entering these contests because of the rule breaking going on then they would almost certainly have to do something about it instead of sweeping it under the rug.

• Lathum

@jman3034 said...

Well my last comment was deleted by a mod, so I will just say this is classic victim blaming instead of getting to the root of the issue.Similar to a girl getting sexually assaulted and being blamed for dressing to provocatively. I hope thats a more acceptable way to phrase it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).