PGA FORUM

Comments

• Mphst18

DAUT44 and MIR84 already once caught colluding and disqualified from the kings cup by DK but still allowed to play on the site are back at it again colluding to circumvent the max entries for the millionaire maker so they have 300 entries.

Each entered the max 150 lineups (MIR used 20 players) (DAUT used 22 players).

The core 20 players used are identical with Reed (12% of DAUT lineups) and Finau (3.3% of DAUT lineups) as the 2 players DAUT used the MIR didnt.

Both have 47%+ usage in lineups of main core of Kuchar, McIlroy, Molinari, Johnson, and Garcia.

The Fact they these two who are known to work together, have been caught colluding before, have the same 20 players with near identical ownership %s yet have no lineups that overlap shows clearly they are doing this to have 300 entries (not the 150 limit).

I understand these two are VIP players and dk generates a lot of revenue from them but how long will they allow their consumers to be unprotected and the integrity of their contests to be doubted.

• misfit

How do you people propose DK, FD or any other site stop friends from talking to each other?
    If you were a TOP player and confident enough with your lineups you would share them with friends and family as well so they could make some cash too.
    There are also 100,000 other lineups in these contests. What is the difference who has the entries or how many?
    You guys cry about the number of entries yet fail to actually look at contest results to see if multiple entries even matters? Which it does not!
    Most single entry contests finish with just as high a winning score if not higher then multi entry contests. They are also far smaller contests so the bottom cash line is higher with not near as many slots paid out. It is not hard to research if you spend 15 minutes doing it rather than complaining about something no one can do anything about.
    Who are you to tell anyone they cannot help a friend? Because you want the cash? Give me a break. If anyone could help a friend win cash they would.

You also play at a site that basically funded half of these pro teams by throwing tons of needless overlay in the high buy in contests night after night to bankroll them.
    But go on, keep playing at the site that has caused nearly every issue the industry suffers.
    You called us trolls when we pointed it all out from day 1 and here we are years later with almost EVERY aspect of what we said been proven right time after time but we were still trolls.

• mgeezy12

Not reading 26 pages but on page 1 I will ditto the fact that this is the exact stuff AGs are looking for…DK needs to get their crap together

• cutter2225

Unfortunately as is usually the case with these concerns time passes and it becomes water under the bridge but it’ll come to light again during the NFL season if some of these “teams” wins a huge GPP by combining to exceed the entry limits.

• depalma13

@MrFantasy said...

Many of you are thinking sports vs cards and not the mindset that goes into being a winner in both forms of gambling. Game theory, understanding variance, game selection among many other things are what make so many poker players good at DFS. They understand studying and reviewing and what it takes to make improvements based on game type.

I know this is off topic, but what do you think goes into constructing multi-race exotic wagers?

• jimmyrad

@depalma13 said...

I know this is off topic, but what do you think goes into constructing multi-race exotic wagers?

Lots of sick degeneracy

• Shlune

i am super un-involved in following or researching any of this…………..but i was quickly looking at the olympic dupes and noticed a player with 1 dupe on every lineup, and no more than 2 on any entry (most were full salary used too) instead of the sparactic amounts of dupes or no dupes………wasnt hard to find the other well known player with 1 dupe on all entries, and the same player pool and ownership breakdown…

….not saying it right or wrong but just interesting they enter everything with same lineups…..and that there were no other dupes on any of there lineups except eachother(in a 60 player field and most entries using max salary with a chalk core, how is there no other dupes out there?)…….shoot i only put in 4 bullets and one of my lineups has 10 dupes this week

• Mphst18

So all of what Ryan and David did and Ryan described in this thread was and is a violation of their community guidelines yet they took no action. So I don’t see how these new community guidelines are anything more than lip service to try to deceive regulators and lawmakers.

They say the actively monitor for this but Rangerc is the one who found the first instance with Ragingphilip and mazwa so have little faith they are actively monitoring it even though it only took Rangerc little time to figure out and he doesn’t even have all the internal data they do.

Lastly it appears their policy is to not inform their customers of actions taken so not sure how anyone will know if anything is ever done.

• willyp133

There is no such thing as collusion in DFS. This is not poker, them working together has no effect on the lineups you are making. You sound very jaded and bitter, maybe spend some more time on your own lineups and stop worrying about others.

• cutter2225

@willyp133 said...

There is no such thing as collusion in DFS. This is not poker, them working together has no effect on the lineups you are making. You sound very jaded and bitter, maybe spend some more time on your own lineups and stop worrying about others.

If your key point to this not been collusion is their actions don’t affect the lineups others make then you’re certainly choosing a narrow minded view. It has nothing to do with the lineups you, me or anyone makes.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Mphst18 said...

So all of what Ryan and David did and Ryan described in this thread was and is a violation of their community guidelines yet they took no action. So I don’t see how these new community guidelines are anything more than lip service to try to deceive regulators and lawmakers.

They say the actively monitor for this but Rangerc is the one who found the first instance with Ragingphilip and mazwa so have little faith they are actively monitoring it even though it only took Rangerc little time to figure out and he doesn’t even have all the internal data they do.

Lastly it appears their policy is to not inform their customers of actions taken so not sure how anyone will know if anything is ever done.

who is to say someone inside draftkings didnt see this first? That’s a big assumption that a player found it first.

But that’s why we need players to monitor this kind of stuff. Because either a. draftkings saw it and chose not to do anything about it or b. their systems in place to catch this type of thing absolutely suck.

• Mphst18

It’s a valid point, but I think the fact that dk allowed Ragingphilip/mazwa to play the following week and now are nowhere to be found leads me to believe it was a combination of Rangerc finding the issue and then some media picking it up that caused them to try to get in front of the issue with these guidelines. I don’t think if Rangerc pointed it out and WAllach and legal sports report reported on it dk would have done anything or drafted these guidelines.

• Heterodox

@willyp133 said...

You sound very jaded and bitter, maybe spend some more time on your own lineups and stop worrying about others.

To me, his posts have seemed mostly on point and measured, even in the face of insults and ridicule. That earns him credibility, as does DK actually addressing this issue through its new guidelines. Never mind his actually being right. People need to get a clue.

It’s worth pointing out that DK didn’t attempt (and fail, but putting that aside for now) to clarify this because the furor on RG became so great that they couldn’t ignore it. They issued their guidelines because it’s a legitimate concern, one that could endanger a fragile industry. Give Mphst and Ranger some credit for bringing it up. Or, failing that, at least stay out of it if all you have to offer is personal attacks and misplaced contempt.

• lolGTO

@willyp133 said...

Some people need a reason or an excuse for why they’re losing money. If these same people would spend less time complaining and whining and more time into research and improving their game, they might actually start to make some money.

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

Mod note: Make sure to keep things on track here. We obviously will not all agree on everything but insults and general bickering will be removed. Keep things on topic please.

• Olhausen

@lolGTO said...

Some people need a reason or an excuse for why they’re losing money. If these same people would spend less time complaining and whining and more time into research and improving their game, they might actually start to make some money.

For someone with no link to thier rankings and who literally just joined RG less then a week ago you sure have a lot to say. So far all your posts are the same and honestly you kind of come off like a jerk.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@lolGTO said...

There are plenty of winning players in this thread that are against collusion.

If you, and others like you, who cant understand how this issue negatively affects your own bottom line even if you are a winning player, I really dont know what to say. What do you and people like you hope to bring to the table with the “just build better lineups” argument? You cant even understand how it’s hurting yourself. It’s like talking to a brick wall.

I think slowly you are going to see the tide turn with the sites implementing 150 entry restrictions, maxing out the % of entries one can have in a contest, and hopefully staying on top of detecting syndicates to avoid the 150 entry limit. All that was wanted was a fair playing field. I think slowly we are getting closer (back) to that. And that has only come about because of players like the OP of this thread. Not by telling people to build better lineups.

• depalma13

@willyp133 said...

There is no such thing as collusion in DFS.

Really? Than why does DK specifically ban it in their Terms of Use?

By entering a Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and the decisions of DraftKings. The Company, at its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from a Contest, refuse to award benefits or prizes and require the return of any prizes, if the entrant engages in conduct the Company deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or is in any way detrimental to other entrants. Improper conduct includes, but is not limited to:

• Colluding with any other individual(s) or engaging in any type of syndicate play;

• CrazyGabey

bickers generally

• catmando

Colluding with any other individual(s) or engaging in any type of syndicate play;

did someone tell the pro guys this?

• Jcb890

But hey, at least Draft Kings released Community Guidelines right? * facepalm *

Hilarious that the argument IN FAVOR of collusion is that it doesn’t change how others construct their rosters. Yeah, no crap. Kind of like how someone knowing ownership % ahead of time doesn’t effect how everyone else does their lineup. Or that selling lineups doesn’t change how others make their lineups. That doesn’t change the fact that it is a distinct advantage held by few and if it is not completely illegal, it should be and it is certainly against all of the sites’ views of “Fair Play”.

I haven’t read through all 26 pages, but I wonder how many “Build better lineup” posts there are in here. I’m putting the over/under at 26 (1 per page).

Building better lineups is a valid comment/stance… IF THE PLAYING FIELD IS LEVEL.

• Brian_msbc

What if a player plays 150 in one GPP, 50 in three other GPPs, all on the same slate? With no overlap between lineups? Is that cheating?

Feels like the same thing, and statistically, it would be the same result. If you split a big GPP into two GPPs, the payouts would be split also, whether it’s one big GPP or two smaller GPPs is irrelevant to the user.

• Mphst18

That’s a very interesting question, IMO if the gpps are identical (size and prizes) like dk did with nascar splitting the $3 dollar into two identical gpps then yes. If however they are separate size gpp like the second much smaller one was set up cause the main one filled then no I would consider them separate gpps.

• bigmike198069

You’re just arguing semantics cheating is cheating dammit

• Brian_msbc

I think the real issue, is there is a finite number of winnable lineups (after excluding players that aren’t playing, and lineups that have too many hitters facing their own pitcher, for a baseball example) and some lineups have a better chance than others. When DK opens up a GPP that is so large that you can mathematically always win, then there is a problem. They are trying to get around that problem by limiting entries, but come on, now you are relying on the honor system to a certain degree.

• Brian_msbc

That being said… It probably wouldn’t be difficult to implement an algorithm to detect this type of abuse. It would actually be very easy. It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. As long as it was made VERY clear what they consider cheating up front. There are a lot of loophole scenarios that would need to be addressed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).