NASCAR FORUM

• DefinitelyMiami

Chase Elliot wins pole, Kenseth starts second. Blaney and DiBenedetto locked in.
    TruexJr posted no speed so if he crashes in his Duel he would start last in the 500

• BDholla89

• x2

2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@giffenbone said...

At least we don’t have the same in Duel 2.

Good luck!

Thx, you too Giff.

• cutter2225

@BDholla89 said...

Yeah lol I saw that. DK is the winner of our H2H’s.

Not sure about DK but fanduel (if you contact support) refunds both parties in the H2H if their lineups are exactly identical.

• TJRhodes

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

So does duel 1 results make Menard and Bowye interesting plays since they’ll be starting so far back?

• jfro22

Menard yes..bowyer I’m not so sure they haven’t had much speed all week

• cutter2225

Kenseths car looked destroyed and he’ll have to go to a backup car and I believe he loses his spot on the outside of row 1 and goes to the back of the pack. If he’s scored from the 40th spot or thereabouts he’ll be a must play but if he’s scored from the 2nd spot then he’s a play against because barring a win or leading lots of laps he’ll offer little upside.

• giffenbone

• x2

2015 NASCAR Live Finalist

Kenseth will be scored from the 2nd spot – he was locked in there regardless of what happened in the duels. Going to a backup car and starting shotgun will still mean he’s scored as having qualified 2nd…because that’s where he did qualify.

• mattneverwins

what happened to menard? i had him in lineups and i was in class keeping track and saw he finished in the back, can’t find anything about it

• cutter2225

Matt’s car was a rocketship but going to the rear of the field with a backup car is a play against for me but if they get the backup car right Matt’s is crafty enough to win this race.

• DefinitelyMiami

Can someone make and post a GIF of Danica wrecking herself behind that main wreck?

• dre87

Here’s the main Fox Sports Highlight Video with the wreck.

Not sure what happened there, but it sure looked like she just could have kept driving straight.

• DefinitelyMiami

To be fair she hit a patch of oil. It was still funny considering she basically could have stopped her car and then drive through

Some interesting lineup choices to be made now

• unageo09

Just threw in a .25 cent play tonight in the first duel and doubled up .50 cents! #winning..lol. Not sure what I’m gonna do about the 500 yet.

• DefinitelyMiami

@unageo09 said...

Not sure what I’m gonna do about the 500 yet.

You’re going to bet the 50 cents :)

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

@cutter2225 said...

Matt’s car was a rocketship but going to the rear of the field with a backup car is a play against for me but if they get the backup car right Matt’s is crafty enough to win this race.

That has GPP special play written all over it. Taking a guy who will start out with -38 differential points haha.

• bluetieguy

The official results lists accident, and he did think he had a tire going down but later on the team mentioned they thought they had a small engine issue. No matter, all the teams will put in a fresh engine for the 500 (no penalty, as all are allowed one engine change) and he should be a popular play coming from the back.

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

@bluetieguy said...

The official results lists accident, and he did think he had a tire going down but later on the team mentioned they thought they had a small engine issue. No matter, all the teams will put in a fresh engine for the 500 (no penalty, as all are allowed one engine change) and he should be a popular play coming from the back.

But he will be listed as starting second. therefore as soon as the race starts he will have around -38 DK points.

Beginning points if he starts where he qualified: 42 points for 2nd place plus 0 differential = 42pts
    Beginning points if he starts in the back: 4 points for 40th place plus -38 differential = -34pts

That’s a 76 point swing.

• bluetieguy

My response was in regards to Menard, not Kenseth

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

@bluetieguy said...

My response was in regards to Menard, not Kenseth

ah i see. Then I 100% agree with you. haha

• jeffgo33

So wait … Newbie question here … Avoid Kenseth like the plague, or is he still viable? Admittedly not sure what the implication means, re: listed/actual starting point.

I assume the answer is “avoid” because his place differential will be negligible?

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

@jeffgo33 said...

So wait … Newbie question here … Avoid Kenseth like the plague, or is he still viable? Admittedly not sure what the implication means, re: listed/actual starting point.

I assume the answer is “avoid” because his place differential will be negligible?

His place differential would be significant if he were to start from the back, quite the opposite of negligible. Unfortunately when a driver has an issue like this and is moved to the back, there starting position doesn;t bacome 40th, it stays where it originally was. I’ll re-post the example i used above:

Beginning points if he starts where he qualified: +42 points for 2nd place plus +0 differential = +42pts
    Beginning points if he starts in the back: +4 points for 40th place plus -38 differential = -34pts

So i say avoid like the plague in H2Hs in 50/50s, but he still viable in GPPs. But technically everyone is viable in GPPs as the whole point is to differentiate your lineup.

If I am looking at this wrong then someone please correct me!

• DefinitelyMiami

@atfrost said...

So i say avoid like the plague in H2Hs in 50/50s, but he still viable in GPPs. But technically everyone is viable in GPPs as the whole point is to differentiate your lineup.

If I am looking at this wrong then someone please correct me!

You are correct.
    Kenseth is likely to finish in the top 10 if he avoids wrecks but do we see him as a lock to lead lots of laps? He will get some fastest laps as he comes up through the pack. Dunno, rather take one or more of his teammates

• atfrost

• Blogger of the Month

whos all goign to be starting from the back?

• deactivated114233

Kenseth, Johnson, Truex, and AJ

• JimKronlund

With restrictor plates and accident rates I’m not overly concerned where the good drivers/cars start. But I have many entries to allow for that.
    Last five winners (starting position): July 2015: Dale Earnhardt Jr. (pole). February 2015: Joey Logano (fifth). July 2014: Aric Almirola (15th).
    February 2014: Dale Earnhardt Jr. (ninth). July 2013: Jimmie Johnson (eighth)
    Worst starting position for race winner: 42nd, Tony Stewart: 2012 Coke Zero 400
    A race at Daytona has been won by the pole sitter 18 times and from the front row 32 times in 137 races.
    That said I have no idea how much ownership to place on Kurt Bush. Last six races his average finish at Daytona: 12.60 Career avg. finish: 17.1 in 30 attempts. He has never had any success here. But….?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).