NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• billholler

Can’t believe no one has started one or did the interest fade already? Ribs, steaks and Budweiser ready for tomorrow!! I’m pumped, let’s do this!!

• billholler

@Bay101 said...

Need help. Need a driver under 6k. My first NASCAR lineup. Thx

Landon Cassill or redo your lineup.

• Bay101

• Whacko

I decided to try the package out for the weekend…

After last year’s disaster….. I need every bit of help I can get….

• Chip403

I think in terms of a driver with mass upside especially in regards to gaining points based off place differential, is Martin Truex Jr. starting low, and a solid driver for most of 2016 as well as just narrowly winning it last year, will be solid. Anyone looking for contrarian and a pick that will separate your lineup from the rest of the field, is Erik Jones. Priced at $8300 and starting near the back end of the field, I can almost guarantee less than 3% ownership. A rookie not many know about, with a lot to gain in terms of place differential and contrarian-styling your lineup, would be worth a shot.

• mulehead67

is the nascar lineup builder down ?

• Chip403

@Bay101 said...

Don’t recommend many in this field under $6K, but the only ones I would say to take a flier on would be.. David Ragan, Landon Cassil, or Matt DiBenedetto. If you can spare the extra $200, I love Ty Dillon at his spot right at $6200…very strong play in my opinion.

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@jeffgo33 said...

Yeah, I’m almost thinking he’s a GPP fade if the ownership is going to be at or over 60 percent

easiest path to winning gpps tomorrow is this.

• Chip403

I think in terms of working with numbers in terms of ownership..the chalk will lie heavy in Truex and Kyle Busch, both will be very highly owned..if you take in consideration both of them eating up a majority of the fields “core”, finding separation or the ability to “work with the chalk”, should be simple. As far as how this race turns out, is anybody’s guess. The races leading up to the main event, have been nutty. I will say though, from a perspective point of view…the one “big name”, I’ll have absolute 0 exposure to, is Jimmie Johnson (having said that, it’ll probably bite me)…but dude has raced like an absolute nut job in the two races I’ve seen him in, and it goes to show seeing he’s racing a backup car after crashing Thursday. Dude has been a lunatic, and will not risk playing him, just hope he stays the hell away from any driver I’m rostering.

• tonytone1908

So… NASCAR for dummies, which drivers have generally been successful at Daytona over the years and in various races?

Any Daytona sleepers we should keep in mind that would make a good punt for someone like me who’s gonna do 1 lineup for fun?

Need a diamond in the rough so I can just plug in whoever else I feel comfortable using and at least just having half a chance at cashing. I used to watch NASCAR quite often but not so much the last couple years, gonna miss my boy Tony Stewart, so I do have some knowledge of the majority of drivers, just need a cheap rookie stud in a good spot so I can stack the top dogs and hope for the best.

• Chip403

@tonytone1908 said...

So… NASCAR for dummies, which drivers have generally been successful at Daytona over the years and in various races?

Any Daytona sleepers we should keep in mind that would make a good punt for someone like me who’s gonna do 1 lineup for fun?

Need a diamond in the rough so I can just plug in whoever else I feel comfortable using and at least just having half a chance at cashing. I used to watch NASCAR quite often but not so much the last couple years, gonna miss my boy Tony Stewart, so I do have some knowledge of the majority of drivers, just need a cheap rookie stud in a good spot so I can stack the top dogs and hope for the best.

Ty Dillon at 6200.

• sunchips666

@shamrock77s said...

If Truex is a lock for a top 10 finish and a good bet for a top 5, shouldn’t you just take him and differentiate your lineups elsewhere?

have you guys seen the daytona 500 before??

no one is a lock, anyone can get taken out in the giant accident that WILL happen. if truex really is projected at such high ownership it would be stupid to have 100% exposure because if he gets caught up in a wreck (especially since hes in the back which makes it more likely) your day is over. if you at least fade him in some lineups youre gonna be ahead of half the field

• Chip403

The big wreck usually is inevitable, and has ruined the afternoon for my lineups quite often..

To try and avoid getting knocked out completely, I try to get exposure in as many forms as reasonably possible. For the Daytona 500, I entered 7 unique lineups trying to spread out the field some and get a little unique where possible to try and get past the trend that usually haunts most to which is that wreck which eliminates one or multiple drivers in your lineup. Sometimes though, disaster cannot be diverted and is inevitable.

I will say though, there really is never a hint to which drivers may be involved or even there so as to suffer vehicle malfunctions which ends a drivers day. You may be right in terms of saying a lot of wrecks happen from the back of the field. But, that “back end of the field”, may come stemming from a recent pit stop to which several drivers who started near the front decide to pit leaving the back end drivers temporarily in the front, and thereby involving those front end drivers (whom by practical racing procedure) were pushed to back, and thus involving them. Also a lot of wrecks happen (most to which I’ve witnessed), in the middle of a field, where a certain driver may get loose coming up on a turn where the field is currently congested at, leaving the front and back end of the field safe from debacle but wiping away all those jockeying for position. Alas, the heart break crashes, those of which you’re really banking on that final position point for driver, and coming down the stretch run, a driver or two may get super aggressive in a last ditch effort to make a run at a top 5 or winning finish, but find themselves rubbing on to another driver, thus throwing them out of wack, and ultimately knocking out any drivers that may be in those top 10 positions at the present time.

Basically for anyone giving this a shot for the first time (Daytona especially), expect the unexpected, but also go with your gut, find variance, and if you know a driver damn well enough you think is gonna run strong and finish strong based off course history at Daytona, go with them. Have fun with it all, but be prepared…cause DFS Nascar is about as wild as you can possibly get. My first try at it, came at the Coca-Cola 600 in 2014, where going into 4 laps to go, was winning $2,000, but a massive wreck happened near the front of the field, knocking out 4/6 of my drivers, and the best reminder of how that night ultimately panned out was of “WTF” and lots and lots of alcohol consumed to recoup what could’ve been.

• Chip403

I’ll be running a weekly Nascar contest in my DK league, hope in time I can increase pool size (and thus entree fees may vary as season continues)..for this week 1 at Daytona, $5, 14 total entrees, currently half full at 7/14..paying top 3. As said, wanna do a racing contest per week, so would be cool to see your guys interest. Here’s the link (also wanna start running PGA contests too, but that’s besides the point for right now).. https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/37992402

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@Slah said...

easiest path to winning gpps tomorrow is this.

You would know. I have like 60% exposure in gpps. Should I drop that some?

• depalma13

Daytona is 197 laps of collecting points and 3 laps of Crash Roulette.

• JaysFan9293

Waltrip or Sadler? Any opionions?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@JaysFan9293 said...

Waltrip or Sadler? Any opionions?

Personally, I have a bunch of Sadler and no Waltrip. He is starting last and hope he just stays out of trouble, maybe finish mid 20s and get some nice point differential.

• Chip403

Nascar DFS is somewhat a version of “DFS Survivor”..when it kinda all breaks down.

• Dirt_Lavert

Allmendinger a bad pick?

I know nothing about Nascar, just looking at this and he has solid top 20 finishes in his last 6.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKv6IZm-7uOUU-Qc5J0w9g9pYhrzVj8htocejCjTNqc/edit#gid=0

• Dirt_Lavert

Blaney and Newman look like decent picks, but Kahne is right in that price range is might be worth paying up for as his odds are way better than both.

• Dirt_Lavert

Also, game theory wise will Truex chalk bring down Elliot ownership?

Since I really know nothing about Nascar besides what i can scrape up from odds, articles, this thread, etc., he could really be a legit play if Truex crashes or just don’t perform well. I’m seeing some ppl say he’s a must play, then other saying he’s the guy to fade in a gpp.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Also, game theory wise will Truex chalk bring down Elliot ownership?

Since I really know nothing about Nascar besides what i can scrape up from odds, articles, this thread, etc., he could really be a legit play if Truex crashes or just don’t perform well. I’m seeing some ppl say he’s a must play, then other saying he’s the guy to fade in a gpp.

Well, if you are making 1 lu, then he is likely a must play unless you are someone who goes the contrarian route. If making multiple lus, then yeah, you definitely should make some without him.

• Yacht67

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Allmendinger a bad pick?

I know nothing about Nascar, just looking at this and he has solid top 20 finishes in his last 6.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKv6IZm-7uOUU-Qc5J0w9g9pYhrzVj8htocejCjTNqc/edit#gid=0

I think allmendinger is a great pick. Price + Starting position.

• Yacht67

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Blaney and Newman look like decent picks, but Kahne is right in that price range is might be worth paying up for as his odds are way better than both.

Are you concerned about blaney driving his back-up car? I have zero exposure to blaney. However I’m only creating 5-6 LUs.

• lloydjv1

@jeffgo33 said...

Bill, I saw that observation you made about Danica and winning lineups. Do you think that carries over to tomorrow?

For some reason I have her in my GPP.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).