PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: January 17-20

Where: La Qunita, California

Course: PGA West AND La Quinta CC AND TPC Stadium Course (3 courses)

Last Year’s Winner: John Rahm at -22

Last Year’s Cut: -8 (Cut is after 3 rounds)

Coverage: Golf Channel

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• whodat2

Formerly known as the Career Builder challenge.

• Ndepompei

Niemann chalk week?

• mitchsnyderdfw

Adam Hadwin at $10K is just gross

• manoffewwords

No Euro contests this week? They have this tourn. listed as 16th thru 19th. Our start time would be tomorrow nite?

Edit. LOL. They posted it 5 minutes ago. It is tomorrow nite.

• JH822547

Harold Varner is priced pretty low for a guy with 5 x top 25 finishes in his last 6 events.

• timusbr

@manoffewwords said...

No Euro contests this week? They have this tourn. listed as 16th thru 19th. Our start time would be tomorrow nite?

wed night as normal to us in US in Abu Dahbi its Thursday.
    contest isnt up but that could be just a delay by DK. They have had this contest at least the last 2 years

• bigez952

@timusbr said...

contest isnt up but that could be just a delay by DK. They have had this contest at least the last 2 years

I see Euro contests for Abui Dahbi right now on DK.

• manoffewwords

@timusbr said...

Just posted. It is tomorrow nite for lock. Unless I am mistaken

• timusbr

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

LOL, yes I think its high but I will be looking more closely at him. Last week if you toss out Thursday he did OK. He putted like a schmuk on Thursday but did increasingly better as the event moved on. Hadwin is considered a good putter. If he magically returns to form he is a contender.

• timusbr

@manoffewwords said...

Just posted. It is tomorrow nite for lock. Unless I am mistaken

I think you are right.. I checked Europeantour.com and they list it as 16-19th tee time 7:20 am making it 10:20PM on the 15th Eastern Time.

• Quadhole

Gonna be the Year of the Oriental or South China Sea, Philippines and so on… This included anyone tan and slightly….. Um… Spaun, Luck, etc…

• timusbr

@Quadhole said...

Gonna be the Year of the Oriental or South China Sea, Philippines and so on… This included anyone tan and slightly….. Um… Spaun, Luck, etc…

good luck with that line of selection. You didnt eliminate anyone from the entire field of professional golfers! The only golfer without a tan has got to be the guy with lime disease.

• lfn1992

@manoffewwords said...

Edit. LOL. They posted it 5 minutes ago. It is tomorrow nite.

Just opened the RG Golf Forum Happy Meal for the EURO Contest, $1

• Quadhole

@timusbr said...

good luck with that line of selection. You didnt eliminate anyone from the entire field of professional golfers! The only golfer without a tan has got to be the guy with lime disease.

I meant a tan on TOP OF a Tan… Niemann, Im, Ancer, Pan, Kim, Lahiri

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Couple notes……
    If 79 or more players happen to be tied for the cut at the end of the third round the cut reverts back to T60 and ties. If T60 is tied with T79 then the cut would go to the next number below T60. If this happens all players who fall within this cut range still receives FedEx points and paycheck.

First timers have not faired well at this tourney when it comes to placing in T10. This isn’t saying they can’t finish with a made cut and in the T25-50.

Playing one or both of the Hawaii tournaments has led to better results for those players who play this week. Several players who have won this tourney played in Hawaii and a high percentage of the T3 over the last several years has played in Hawaii.

La Quinta and Pga Nicklaus were the two easiest courses on tour last year. If looking at course history you may not want to look past 2016 as the courses played are not the same as current.

Course rotation should be the following…based off previous years…
    La Quinta..Pga Nicklaus…TPC Stadium
    TPC Stadium..La Quinta…Pga Nicklaus
    Pga Nicklaus…TPC Stadium..La Quinta
    Weather should not be an issue as far as winds but it appears rain occurred today and rain is being called for on Thursday.

Are you looking to punt this week…39 of the 76 players priced at 6.9k or below made the cut last week…Meanwhile 17 of the 22 players priced 8k or above made the cut last week.

• byo34

I try to avoid the top salary but 2 weeks in a row now I am going with the top guy. I did cash last week with JT, just hope Rahm can do better.

• timusbr

I found some cheap guys I like over in Euro. I am liking a DJ/Koepka stack

• Kp24

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Shot a 59 here a few years ago. Books and DK algo prolly haven’t forgotten that

• keephustlincuz

@timusbr said...

I hope Bjorn can help us.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Well Yahoo is known for crazy prices. This week is no different. How do you build there this week?

• coldcut1984

Looking at weather winds look calm and consistent for the first three days. There is a chance of rain on Thursday. Does anyone have any takes on if we can use the rain to our advantage? Would the Stadium Course, which is typically the most difficult play easier in soft conditions on Thursday? Most Tour players can handle the rain as long as its not torrential. Overall not sure there is much edge to be gained here but curious what others think.

• rourke441

aaron wise is a solid young golfer

• Quadhole

@rourke441 said...

aaron wise is a solid young golfer

yep

• Quadhole

@timusbr said...

WOW, Pricing over there is the worst I have ever seen for a golf tour… Some top tier TOP 50 OWGR guys so dirt cheap.

• querb

where can i see who is playing the stadium course on friday?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).