NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

Lead Forum Mod

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

Are you looking for more for one of your DFS leagues?

Looking for a league to join yourself?

Let’s keep all DFS league invites or ‘Looking for Leagues’ in this one thread.

Thanks and good luck!

• scodiggity

Can someone point me to the original RG thread/post talking about the announcement of leagues. I have a few questions that I can’t seem to find the answers to. Is there still a rake involved? If you do a seasonal league and invitees accept, are they charged for the season, or is it a weekly deduction? If it’s weekly, what happens if someone doesn’t pay up? Information seems scarce other than how to set up a league. Maybe I’m just not looking in the right places.

• scodiggity

I contacted support via chat and got these questions answered. Should have done that first. For others who didn’t know: Standard rake applies. Invitees have to re-join every week, so if one doesn’t pay/join, the whole thing doesn’t run that week. Better trust the people you’re league-ing with to stay playing. I guess you could cut people before it runs though, if they don’t join.

• eKing

On Fanduel, will we be able to run season long where it tallies points all year and awards the prize after a set amount of weeks? If so, that sounds great, but they are making it more difficult than it should from the vibes I get…

• Garhett

I’d be in for a 5 dollar buy in league each week for NFL (DK only). DM me if you have a low budget league that I could join.

• wolfjb1

@scodiggity said...

Can someone point me to the original RG thread/post talking about the announcement of leagues. I have a few questions that I can’t seem to find the answers to. Is there still a rake involved? If you do a seasonal league and invitees accept, are they charged for the season, or is it a weekly deduction? If it’s weekly, what happens if someone doesn’t pay up? Information seems scarce other than how to set up a league. Maybe I’m just not looking in the right places.

Information is definitely scarce, or at least I can’t find it on DK.

I set up a league with 12 of my buddies for a $3/week entry. You could pick your league name; how many people in the league; payout (I think it was either winner takes all, top 2, top 3, top 4) and that was about it. There were no other options to set up how much each position wins. You can’t tinker with the settings after setting up the league, which seems stupid. It says if every contest doesn’t fill for two weeks in a row, the league shuts itself down, so that answers your question. It appears you’re charged for each week.

There were no options to see the rake, but when I set up a dummy league with three players ($3 entry fee), the rake was $0.90.

• cmbarbee226

Looking to create a 16 man NFL survivor league. $25 buyin, winner take all. I have 7 people committed. Would include Sunday 1pm through Monday night. No Thursday or Saturday games. No London games. Invite each week to go out on Wednesday. Deadline for entering would be 12:01 am EST on Sunday to ensure everyone was in. Must beat 1 player each week to survive. PM if interested.

• cabrian24

When is the Friends Mode being rolled out? And can you do free leagues?

• Edkohn

Is anybody starting or wanting to start a season long fanduel contest. Is it cool to offer league invites in the forums or can someone point me in a general direction?

• mellofellowsu

@cabrian24 said...

When is the Friends Mode being rolled out? And can you do free leagues?

It’s live on FD as of yesterday. Don’t know about free leagues.

• rockinrileys

I have started a League on Draftkings if anyone is interested in joining leave your DK username here and I will send you an invite Thanks !!!

• FD_Dave

@mellofellowsu said...

It’s live on FD as of yesterday. Don’t know about free leagues.

Hey, I work on the social team at FD. I can confirm that you can play for free.

• mellofellowsu

Great. Trying to get a league going at work.

• tonytone1908

So when someone in your league gets his ass kicked and stops playing after 2 weeks or just forgets to enter a LU altogether the whole league is dead unless you make changes to your settings? Sorry I just think this is a dumb idea. All they’re trying to do is get people to deposit and hope they’ll continue playing and start entering tourneys with the money they’ve already deposited. It’s not gonna be very fun when the guy that started the league because he already played FD for the last 2 years is winning every week. It’d be insane.

That being said i’d love to see the RG team play in a league and let us see who’s really the best.

• yoteach

Tinkered with the product on FanDuel, and ultimately decided, sorry, I am not going to bother with being a commish.

Since I know that FD reps read these, I’ll give my feedback:

OK, so you went one step better than DK in that you allowed for commissioners to adjust league size in order to account for people dropping out, but what is the real difference here from the plain old “Create a contest” feature? Not much!

There needs to be:
    (1) A better way to communicate with your league with a message board (if you had this feature or at least an “email league” feature, commissioners could at least address #2 offline). As is, unless you have the full email list and do this truly with only your “Friends” rather than say a community like RG, you have no way of communicating with the league.
    (2) Ability to develop a season-long payout. It seems to me that if you really wanted to “compete” even on a micro-scale with season-long that you would have added this simple feature. You could have easily done it two ways:
    (A) Pay the entire league fee up front, and the commissioner establishes weekly and final payouts (preferred);
    (B) When folks sign up for the league in the first week, they pay their first week and also pay a league fee for the overall payout. Commissioner establishes a “drop bottom-2” or “3 free slides” to account for guys missing weeks and not missing out on the potential for overall payout. Either of these options would help encourage folks to stay involved.

As is, sorry, but it’s not a very impressive or user-friendly product at all. If I’ve missed something re: functionality, I’d love to hear thoughts.

• FD_Dave

Hi, yoteach. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it along to the team.

• Hinekanman

you have room?

• Gambler

Add invite me on either FD or DK as I play both👍

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist
    @yoteach said...

There needs to be:
    (1) A better way to communicate with your league with a message board (if you had this feature or at least an “email league” feature, commissioners could at least address #2 offline). As is, unless you have the full email list and do this truly with only your “Friends” rather than say a community like RG, you have no way of communicating with the league.
    (2) Ability to develop a season-long payout. It seems to me that if you really wanted to “compete” even on a micro-scale with season-long that you would have added this simple feature. You could have easily done it two ways:
    (A) Pay the entire league fee up front, and the commissioner establishes weekly and final payouts (preferred);
    (B) When folks sign up for the league in the first week, they pay their first week and also pay a league fee for the overall payout. Commissioner establishes a “drop bottom-2” or “3 free slides” to account for guys missing weeks and not missing out on the potential for overall payout. Either of these options would help encourage folks to stay involved.

You should check out Fantasy Feud’s NFL seasonals. They’ve been running it for several years now. It’s a great product and IMO, the best product in DFS.

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist
    @tonytone1908 said...

So when someone in your league gets his ass kicked and stops playing after 2 weeks or just forgets to enter a LU altogether the whole league is dead unless you make changes to your settings? Sorry I just think this is a dumb idea. All they’re trying to do is get people to deposit and hope they’ll continue playing and start entering tourneys with the money they’ve already deposited. It’s not gonna be very fun when the guy that started the league because he already played FD for the last 2 years is winning every week. It’d be insane.

That being said i’d love to see the RG team play in a league and let us see who’s really the best.

Very disappointed indeed. I remember the outrage at sites who seemingly didn’t understand DFS. Now, it seems as though the shoe is on the other foot. It’s as though the DFS folks simply don’t understand seasonals.

• Chip403

So with the introduction of leagues now out for both DK and FD, I don’t see any reason why this thread can’t be used to invite others to your own specific league.

With said, I just created a league designed for dedicated DFS players, to which I trust in the Grinders community the most to find. I want 8 members, to which I will conduct a daily tourney, each day will be different sport. I would like to begin with today (All day MLB contest which starts at 1:05 pm est (8/27) $5 buy in), and go from there. I will not be able to guarantee contests on Mondays-Wednesday, with work in the fold. But I can assure, the variety of sports per each day will widely vary. With said, if interested, let me know your DK username and I’ll send out the invite, first 7 others to join in, and it’s created (not saying expanding it won’t be in future)…but for now, a solid group of 8 to kick things off, and get leaderboard going will be legit.
    Also any questions, just message or tweet me. Most of all, have fun with it. (

• drega09

I’m looking for a league to get into for the upcoming NFL season, preferably $5-$10 per week. If anyone has any openings or are looking to start a league, please DM me. I’m open to either DK or FD. Thank you

• yoteach

@FD_Dave said...

Hi, yoteach. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it along to the team.

Thanks! This is one of the many reasons why I love RG. Cheers!

• yoteach

Alright, I said I wasn’t going to do it, but I appreciate “@FD_Dave” replying so quickly to my feedback, so I will give it a whirl.

Here’s the deal:
    $5 NFL Weekly “Yo, Teach!” and Friends FanDuel League (Sunday/Monday games)

20 people with Top 3 weekly payouts
    Edited to add. I originally posted that there would be a weekly deadline in order to give me a chance to edit the size to avoid it not filling. Uh, yeah, not so fast, FD_Dave followed up and said that for legal reasons, they cannot do that. The edit to the league size can only take place the following week. That does us no good, so the moral of that story is that we need to be sure we have committed folks, or the league will not run weekly.

If you enter the first week, you must agree to league fee of additional $10.
    $100 overall goes to “Top 5 Scores” (calculated by Fanduel, their only option)
    $75 overall goes to top $$ winner for NFL regular season
    $25 overall goes to the 2nd place $$ winner for NFL regular season
    (I’ll keep track and email $$ standings weekly)

There’s been a good response so far; keep ‘em coming.

PM me here on RG and provide email address and FD username. I will then share both the link and the Paypal info for the league fee. For the more paranoid amongst us, I have been on RG for 2 years or so, and I ain’t going nowhere (so, trust me with league fee, in other words).

• JDA7x

JdA7x add me

• yoteach

@JDA7x said...

JdA7x add me

Are you meaning for my league?

If so, click the “Inbox” button in top R here on RG and PM me your FD username and email (sorry, not trying to be condescending; I know some new people don’t know about message system here on RG).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

Advertisement

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.