MAIN FORUM

Comments

• SmartWater

Marketing and Social Media Manager

Hey guys,

We are excited to announce Event #2 of the DFS Poker Open, hosted by Global Poker! Since the first one was such a success and fun time, we went ahead and got to work on creating another event and we think you are going to like it!

First, let’s start with what is Global Poker?

GlobalPoker is a sweepstakes-based US online poker site that has been in operation since 2016. Rather than buying in for cash, players purchase Gold Coins to fund their account. Prizes won on the site can be redeemed as cash and paid back to your bank account.

We made some changes that include a MASSIVE SC20,000 guaranteed prize pool, an additional over SC6,000 in added prizes, unlimited rebuys in the first hour, late registration and more! Find all the tournament details below.

How to signup for Global Poker and the DFS Poker Open.

STEPS:

1. Go to Global Poker (Make sure you click through this link or one of our links on Twitter)
    2. Create your username and password
    3. Click “Buy Coins” in the top right-hand corner and purchase your Sweep Coins (Watch video below)

4. After you have completed your purchase, click the “Switch Currency”. From there, click the refresh icon next to “SC” and you should see your purchase amount there
    5. Click the Tournaments tab. From there, search DFS in the search bar and the DFS Poker Open will come up (make sure to switch the currency to SC from gold coins first).
    6. Enter the tournament by using this password and SC11!
    7. Have fun and enjoy knocking out some of your favorite DFS personalities and winning their bounties!

What is the DFS Poker Open?

The DFS Poker Open is an online poker tournament series played on GlobalPoker.com. Exclusive to RG members, this tournament features “bounties” paid out to players who eliminate pre-determined players during each tournament.
    TOURNAMENT DETAILS:

Thursday, April 9 @ 8:30 PM ET

Buy-in: 11 SC entry with unlimited rebuys (rebuy cost SC10) for the first hour and an add on at the break (optional rebuy cost SC10)
    Late registration through the end of the rebuy period.

Blind levels 10 min
    Starting stack 2000
    Rebuys stack 2000
    Add on 4000

20 tournament tickets added for the top 20 finishers, each ticket worth 218 SC entry to Home Series events
    Additionally, 10 more 218 SC tickets for HomeSeries events will be issued to the winners of 10 bounties in the tournament.

List of users with bounties: (only the player responsible for ending a bounty’s tournament that gets the prize.)

BigT – BigT44
    Noto -RG_Notorious
    Socrdave – socrdave
    Mattek – (coming soon)
    Chop – headChopper
    Stlcards – stlcardinals84
    Overzet – revertzeetop
    Sammy – (coming soon)
    Crain – jakz101
    Brit – BritDevine

Blind levels 10 min
    Starting stack 2000
    Rebuys stack 2000
    Add on 4000

Password: CLICK HERE FOR PASSWORD
    Prizepool: 20K min guaranteed + OVER SC6,000 in additional added prizes!

Global Poker FAQs

Is Global Poker Legit?
    Thanks to their unique sweepstakes model, players in the United States (excluding Washington State) and Canada (excluding Quebec) can play on GlobalPoker.com. Unlike a traditional online poker site, players do not make deposits but rather purchase Gold Coins which have no monetary value.

How do you get Sweeps Coins on Global Poker?
    Sweeps Coins are obtained on Global Poker with a purchase of Gold Coins. Depending on the amount of Gold Coins purchased, players will receive free sweepstakes entries by way of Sweeps Coins.

Is Global Poker played with real money?
    No. There are two currencies in use on Global Poker. Gold Coins are not eligible for redemption, while Sweeps Coins can be redeemed for cash or other prizes.

Is Global Poker safe?
    Part of a larger Australian company (VGW Holdings), Global Poker is whitelisted by Facebook and licensed by the Gaming Authority in Malta. Global Poker is a safe option for US online poker players.

How do I claim my bounty?
    Global Poker will contact RG with a list of the usernames that knocked out someone with a bounty. If you knock out someone with a bounty, please post your Global Poker username in this thread with the person(s) you knocked out. We will then contact you via RG DM’s to work on getting you your prize. Also, if you knock out the Champion from our inaugural tournament (JeremySickel – User Name JSickel on Global Poker) you’ll win our special edition RG T-Shirt as a bounty (just email support@rotogrinders.com after doing so).

Enjoy and good luck on the felt!

• chiefjustICE06

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2017 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2018 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I will be in there for this one. Can’t wait

• joeycis

• Blogger of the Month

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

Come get your whoopin!

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

• bigez952

This is really awesome with all the add in’s from the bounties and the top 20 getting 218 SC Tickets. And the winner gets to go to the 2021 RG Party which won’t be me but still would be pretty cool to take a trip to Nashville.

• acdawg712

Looking forward after missing the last one. FWIW, I got 20 SC for free (no payment information) and 30 SC for $10. Hopefully it’s the same for everyone.

• JeremySickel

• 2020 DFS Poker Open Champion

Inaugural champ here, ready to mix it up tomorrow night.

• rvnfn77

When will bounty winners get their bounty stuff and info to claim from last one I’m still waiting to here back from y’all?

• Dookie

What’s the best way to deposit and hopefully withdrawal?

• baralufficus

So what does 20,000 in SC amount to in real money , kinda has me confused

• acdawg712

Visa credit card didn’t work, but visa debit card was a success. Looks like bank withdrawal is best.

• dbullsfan

@baralufficus said...

So what does 20,000 in SC amount to in real money , kinda has me confused

$20,000

sc=$

• Goldboy27

hey all. ran into a dilemma cashing out venmo and my money wont be in until tomorrow. Really want to play in the poker tournament tonight so I will venmo $20 tomorrow to anyone who can zelle me $15 so i can play in the open

• SmartWater

Marketing and Social Media Manager

@rvnfn77 said...

When will bounty winners get their bounty stuff and info to claim from last one I’m still waiting to here back from y’all?

We will contact you today! Is your RG name the same as your GP one? If not, please post your GP one.

Thanks

• acdawg712

20 SC for $5 today. Hopefully don’t need to rebuy 5 times or else I’ll have to make 1 more in cash lol.

• mes21

Does the bounty count on the 1st time we would knock out a bounty player or would it be after they exit the tournament after any potential re-buys?

• rvnfn77

@SmartWater said...

We will contact you today! Is your RG name the same as your GP one? If not, please post your GP one.

Thanks

Same as here rvnfn77

• Goldboy27

it is not popping up for me? anyone else have this problem

• CatchDaTaste

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@mes21 said...

Does the bounty count on the 1st time we would knock out a bounty player or would it be after they exit the tournament after any potential re-buys?

It’s only the player responsible for ending a bounty’s tournament that gets the prize.

• CatchDaTaste

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Goldboy, try changing the currency in the lobby, you may be looking at the Gold Coin tournament lobby. Need to switch currency to SC.

• yisman

unfortunately I can’t play tonight

I’ll be curious to know how many entries+rebuys there end up being, though

• BerkeleyBoss

Can you rebuy right off the bat for a double stack or do you have to get down to 0 chips in order to rebuy? Trying to figure out how much I should deposit.

• yisman

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Can you rebuy right off the bat for a double stack or do you have to get down to 0 chips in order to rebuy? Trying to figure out how much I should deposit.

You have to get to 0 to re-buy.

The only time you can buy while having chips is the one time add-on.

Standard poker tournaments offer unlimited rebuys until a certain time (like the first break) and then at the break, they offer one add-on.

So obviously you should expect people to be aggressive early.

• BerkeleyBoss

@yisman said...

You have to get to 0 to re-buy.

The only time you can buy while having chips is the one time add-on.

Standard poker tournaments offer unlimited rebuys until a certain time (like the first break) and then at the break, they offer one add-on.

So obviously you should expect people to be aggressive early.

Thanks! I haven’t played much online (outside of ACR these past 2 weeks) since 2011.

• jdobs

GL GL !!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler