MAIN FORUM

Comments

• SmartWater

Marketing and Social Media Manager

Hey guys,

We are excited to announce Event #2 of the DFS Poker Open, hosted by Global Poker! Since the first one was such a success and fun time, we went ahead and got to work on creating another event and we think you are going to like it!

First, let’s start with what is Global Poker?

GlobalPoker is a sweepstakes-based US online poker site that has been in operation since 2016. Rather than buying in for cash, players purchase Gold Coins to fund their account. Prizes won on the site can be redeemed as cash and paid back to your bank account.

We made some changes that include a MASSIVE SC20,000 guaranteed prize pool, an additional over SC6,000 in added prizes, unlimited rebuys in the first hour, late registration and more! Find all the tournament details below.

How to signup for Global Poker and the DFS Poker Open.

STEPS:

1. Go to Global Poker (Make sure you click through this link or one of our links on Twitter)
    2. Create your username and password
    3. Click “Buy Coins” in the top right-hand corner and purchase your Sweep Coins (Watch video below)

4. After you have completed your purchase, click the “Switch Currency”. From there, click the refresh icon next to “SC” and you should see your purchase amount there
    5. Click the Tournaments tab. From there, search DFS in the search bar and the DFS Poker Open will come up (make sure to switch the currency to SC from gold coins first).
    6. Enter the tournament by using this password and SC11!
    7. Have fun and enjoy knocking out some of your favorite DFS personalities and winning their bounties!

What is the DFS Poker Open?

The DFS Poker Open is an online poker tournament series played on GlobalPoker.com. Exclusive to RG members, this tournament features “bounties” paid out to players who eliminate pre-determined players during each tournament.
    TOURNAMENT DETAILS:

Thursday, April 9 @ 8:30 PM ET

Buy-in: 11 SC entry with unlimited rebuys (rebuy cost SC10) for the first hour and an add on at the break (optional rebuy cost SC10)
    Late registration through the end of the rebuy period.

Blind levels 10 min
    Starting stack 2000
    Rebuys stack 2000
    Add on 4000

20 tournament tickets added for the top 20 finishers, each ticket worth 218 SC entry to Home Series events
    Additionally, 10 more 218 SC tickets for HomeSeries events will be issued to the winners of 10 bounties in the tournament.

List of users with bounties: (only the player responsible for ending a bounty’s tournament that gets the prize.)

BigT – BigT44
    Noto -RG_Notorious
    Socrdave – socrdave
    Mattek – (coming soon)
    Chop – headChopper
    Stlcards – stlcardinals84
    Overzet – revertzeetop
    Sammy – (coming soon)
    Crain – jakz101
    Brit – BritDevine

Blind levels 10 min
    Starting stack 2000
    Rebuys stack 2000
    Add on 4000

Password: CLICK HERE FOR PASSWORD
    Prizepool: 20K min guaranteed + OVER SC6,000 in additional added prizes!

Global Poker FAQs

Is Global Poker Legit?
    Thanks to their unique sweepstakes model, players in the United States (excluding Washington State) and Canada (excluding Quebec) can play on GlobalPoker.com. Unlike a traditional online poker site, players do not make deposits but rather purchase Gold Coins which have no monetary value.

How do you get Sweeps Coins on Global Poker?
    Sweeps Coins are obtained on Global Poker with a purchase of Gold Coins. Depending on the amount of Gold Coins purchased, players will receive free sweepstakes entries by way of Sweeps Coins.

Is Global Poker played with real money?
    No. There are two currencies in use on Global Poker. Gold Coins are not eligible for redemption, while Sweeps Coins can be redeemed for cash or other prizes.

Is Global Poker safe?
    Part of a larger Australian company (VGW Holdings), Global Poker is whitelisted by Facebook and licensed by the Gaming Authority in Malta. Global Poker is a safe option for US online poker players.

How do I claim my bounty?
    Global Poker will contact RG with a list of the usernames that knocked out someone with a bounty. If you knock out someone with a bounty, please post your Global Poker username in this thread with the person(s) you knocked out. We will then contact you via RG DM’s to work on getting you your prize. Also, if you knock out the Champion from our inaugural tournament (JeremySickel – User Name JSickel on Global Poker) you’ll win our special edition RG T-Shirt as a bounty (just email support@rotogrinders.com after doing so).

Enjoy and good luck on the felt!

• OttawaCityMadman

@yisman said...

unfortunately I can’t play tonight

I’ll be curious to know how many entries+rebuys there end up being, though

will keep ya posted. Edit, 920 pre registered!

• JamesRAA

So everyone is clear, there is no point in going after a bounty until the rebuys are over with. It is a stupid format for a bounty tournament. They were not happy with the record breaking prize pool ($40,000 ish on a straight $25 entry) of the last tournament so decided to change it up

• Robbieraider

Skid Rock ready to roll here tonight..do it

• jdobs

any update on sammy and mattek sn’s? coming for the bounties!

• Macspad70

Good luck fellow grinders!! See you at the table

• OttawaCityMadman

1180 and counting!

• BigDaddy123

anyone want to play in a $30 sit n go on the side too? lets get a fantasy sit n go going

• timusbr

I know how to play poker and I know what a bounty is but I still dont understand how RG is doing it.

Am I suppose to give you my account names for both poker and RG
    I cant go by your list because the poker name is still in the air from last time.

who should be keeping track?
    I am not playing for the bounties… I am playing for the RG spirit of community.

• RogueKing

RG Overall Ranking

Won’t let be rebuy. Anyone have any suggestions?

• gordylamb

RG Overall Ranking

how do i rebuy and how come i cant figure this out

• CaliBullDog

Good Luck Ya’ll

• BerkeleyBoss

@gordylamb said...

how do i rebuy and how come i cant figure this out

When I busted there was a pop up asking if i wanted to rebuy. If not, maybe you can just re-enter?

• OttawaCityMadman

1585 was the final entries. So about 300 rebuy ins?

• DillingerFour

FD Rep - DFBMeeMee Champ (x2)

• Blogger of the Month

Whoever rockytop86 is, reach out to me.

• JamesRAA

@OttawaCityMadman said...

You never know. You just have to trust Global as they do not post the rebuy numbers in real time. Also note that the final prize pool was much lower than the last one. Way to go Global! Glad I sat this one out. I wonder how many people blew $100+

• JamesRAA

@RogueKing said...

Won’t let be rebuy. Anyone have any suggestions?

You may have been confused because unlike every other poker tournament and site you can not rebuy unless you bust out on Global. You can not rebuy if you have under the 2k starting stack. Odd right? Email them.

• BerkeleyBoss

Lost a 50k flip just short of the money. Was lucky enough to have Mattek at my table too. Oh well, good luck all.

• yisman

@OttawaCityMadman said...

mine says 1,586 players

so that’s not including rebuys. I’m wondering how many rebuys/add-ons there were and what the final prize pool was.

• gregrum

my user name is RoosterRooster – I KOed “headChopper” :)

• OttawaCityMadman

@yisman said...

mine says 1,586 players

so that’s not including rebuys. I’m wondering how many rebuys/add-ons there were and what the final prize pool was.

It was around 1300 entries at 830pm , so the extra 286 were just late enterers?

• klew_p6

Hi Smartwater, I knocked out STLCards and earned his bounty. How do I claim that $218 ticket? Global poker handle is klew_p6 … thanks!

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Hey guys, Global just messaged that they credited all ten bounties to players’ accounts.

Here was the list. Thanks for playing!

BigT44 eliminated by Undertaker_76
    RG_Notorious eliminated by azwhit32
    socrdave eliminated by ninedeuce
    DavisMattek eliminated by Grabeezy
    headChopper eliminated by RoosterRooster
    stlcardinals84 eliminated by klew_p6
    revertzeetop eliminated by royaltripsQQQ
    iDrinkYourMilkshake eliminated by atillery_5
    jakz101 eliminated by UhOhOnos
    BritDevine eliminated by GhostRhinoooo

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).