NBA FORUM

Comments

• Landa501

I don’t understand this. Why do I see names like BritDevine and Hoop in $1 50/50’s to win 80 cents?

• KindGuy

More bitching and complaining. Yay.

• moped_jones

@tgowen said...

Instead, I’ll just accept that I am essentially a close minded person who only wants everything given to me.

Cool. Glad I could help you come to that realization.

• moped_jones

@travs424 said...

This has been a great topic, people have a lot of different opinions. Just beat the pros, make better lineups, and all the different opinions on what games to play that give you the best chance to win money.

Exactly. But these people won’t listen. They’ll keep doing the same thing over and over and complaining about it. There are plenty of different games out there that they might be better off playing. I used to lose quite a bit but then I found what I was good at and now that’s all I play.

The “pros” play all these cash games to keep their bankroll for GPP’s up. It’s part of the strategy of being a pro DFS-er. Keep winning a little here and there until you take down a GPP. If I had a big enough bankroll I’d do it that way too. I don’t expect a poor player to understand that (and if you look at some of the rankings of the people complaining, they are pretty bad. All that time they spend complaining could be used for researching their lineups. Even reading through the daily strategy forums here and be very helpful. But no, come here and whine about the $1 games, lol.)

• niko521TampaBay

Play the pros…Don’t we learn anything from rocky movies?? “Wanna be the best, gotta beat the best!

• mwgdfs

how does one become a dfs “pro”?

Is there a test you have to take?
    Is there an application you have to fill out?
    Do I need references?
    90 day waiting period?

• Cpjttogether

The cash line was 324 in the low fee gpp tonight. Not too many people suck anymore. My son was so brave he would fight anybody. I have no desire to pick on people im better than. fish or bum hunt or whatever. the bullys in my school where scary until somebody stood up to them.Then we figured out they couldn’t even fight that good. Maybe the pricing algorithm will keep evolving or something. Keep coming in my $3 gpp and $1 h2h i dont need to tell the teacher. Im throwing punches. 38% win % and im broke. I like fighting rich people. I have nothing to lose.

• BB4E

The pros are such a huge part of the large gpp’s and overall rake for the sites that they will not change policy. These guys contribute huge amounts of rake with their max entries, there is no way in hell the sites will do anything to alter that.

They could EASILY fix this problem by limiting the # of entries you could have per day, but that would reduce their rake. From what I have seen you can either deal with the fact that guys like chipotleaddict and his brother are skull fking you, you can learn how to beat them, or quit playing. Pretty much that simple.

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@BB4E said...

They could EASILY fix this problem by limiting the # of entries you could have per day, but that would reduce their rake.

No, it wouldn’t. The same money would be spent on fewer higher dollar games instead of spread out among the nickel slots.

• AVivier

@AlexSontySBN said...

No, it wouldn’t. The same money would be spent on fewer higher dollar games instead of spread out among the nickel slots.

It could be easily solved by a version of the above. A limit of 200 (or whatever number) entries per day for games with a buy-in of less than $3.

The multi-entry big payout tournaments would not be affected. Head-up, steps, general games meant for the average Joe would be playable again. The sharks would be minimally negatively affected. They’d lose some around th edges, but not a whole lot and would still have selective entries into this games.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

I’m not going to read all of this, so forgive me if I repeat something someone else already said, and I’m also not trying to choose sides and say one side is wrong or the other is right, because I can see both sides. I’m just going to state the facts from my experience:

I’ve been playing for over six years. When I first started playing, which wasn’t the beginning of DFS but was pretty early, I rarely could avoid playing against Condia in H2H, who I would consider one of the first guys I think of as a “pro.” It sucked and I wouldn’t want to do it even now, despite the fact I’d like to think I’ve improved quite a bit since then. Then 50/50’s came around and I recognized a few more names as I spent more time in the industry, and it still sucked… and these were always at the low levels. I never enjoyed seeing those names, but also kind of accepted it and just moved on and kept grinding. But to say it is going to kill the industry, if history has told us anything, may not be fair to say since the industry has grown exponentially the six years I’ve been playing. Just because somebody has a substantial sum of money doesn’t mean they can be morally held responsible if they, completely by the rules, do what they can to make more. There are countless analogies we can come up with that make it seem okay (or not okay), but the reality is the sites probably will not do anything about this, because it would knock down the size of their low-level action, which often has the highest rake. If you take away the part of the sites that generate the most income for them just to protect the common man that is playing $5, $10 per night at the expense of guys who are playing 1000x (or more) times that, then the industry might actually be in trouble, because those “pros” are probably funding a lot more than we realize.

But who knows. We’re all speculating here and I’m just doing the same.

• Cpjttogether

Im not sure if these guys run the same line up for $1 as they do for 5 and 10k. But if the big pros are running there best line up for $1 then they can be beat. Cuz ive beat them all and im terrible.

• superstars92

Just for the heck of it, I am going to record the placement of all the top pros in like MLB’s 20/33 dollar contest and the 300/333 dollar contest every day (you can just download the contest finishers on a CSV file). I won’t be able to do every day, but I’ll get as many days as possible, and I’ll see what their ROI is on these contests. It should be similar to their real ROI because they would have similar lineups/similar relative placements in like other tourneys. If anything, it might be higher because baseball cash games are even harder than tourneys.

Let’s see if these guys even have a positive ROI given their max entries. I doubt some of them even do. Check out the TPOY standings and see how some of these pros have slipped a lot, and when they slip from like 1st to 5th, that is actually big given they max enter every contest at every single level to maximize their chances of TPOY (since their top finish counts only)…big enough to the point I doubt some of these guys are making any money.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).