MAIN FORUM

Comments

• sprom

• 2012 DraftStreet DSBC Finalist

DK has moved it from a 100 max entry 16k person to 2 separate 100 max entry 8k person games. Essentially just allowed pros to max enter 200 entries, which hurts the chances of scrubs like me.

• tvsfrink

Why would you even play this? Just play the big $5 single entry double up.

• dannyboy7932

….and me. Wonder what their reasoning is behind that? Keep the pros happy winning cash games?

• sprom

@tvsfrink said...

Why would you even play this? Just play the big $5 single entry double up.

If you want to play more than $5 the giant plus the single entry were the way to go

• Jcb890

The cash line in the large DK Double-Ups is/was ridiculous, not even worth playing. I haven’t played them in a few weeks and have been having more success.

• sprom

What are you playing instead?

• scottmsteiner

Play single entry double ups.

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

I used to play the massive $5 Double Up on DK and was profitable early the season, but it gets more difficult as the weeks go on as players get sharper. The cash line this past week in the massive $5 Double Up (34K entries) was 138.54, while the cash line for the Milly Maker was 137.3. Essentially, you have to treat the $5 Double Up almost like a GPP now, and if you go in with a GPP mindset, you might as well play an actual GPP like the Milly Maker. Just my 2 cents.

• scottmsteiner

@fathalpert said...

Essentially, you have to treat the $5 Double Up almost like a GPP now, and if you go in with a GPP mindset, you might as well play an actual GPP like the Milly Maker. Just my 2 cents.

But you don’t double your money by min-cashing in the Milly Maker. You actually don’t double your money until you are in the top 4% based on this week’s contest.

• Jcb890

@sprom said...

What are you playing instead?

See fathalpert’s post above mine also. Cash line in the MM this week was lower than the massive $5 Double-Up, that’s ridiculous. I just avoid the large double-up format tournaments. They are a losing proposition with the massive 150-lineup trains.

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

@scottmsteiner said...

But you don’t double your money by min-cashing in the Milly Maker. You actually don’t double your money until you are in the top 4% based on this week’s contest.

You’re correct. I guess my thinking is if I’m needing a GPP mindset, I’d rather just enter a GPP with a potential to win $1 million dollars as opposed to another $5.

• yort05

The smaller single entry double ups are filled with pros too
    Are the cash lines really that much different?

• sprom

I was talking NBA double up. But the single entry def has a lower cash line. The issue is if you want to play $200-300 cash. I guess maybe the way is to play H2H, but for NBA that’s a lot of work during a work day searching for H2H opponents.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

On DK, if you put out head to heads, you can limit the amount one person can pickup. Why not throw out $50 in $1 head to heads, limiting 1 per person?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

I can second what people said in that I only play the single double ups on either site. I play that one single $5 large one and the rest are small but easier to cash in. IF it means putting in a bunch of $1 or $3 ones inn 114 man or 57 man fields, so be it. The idea is to double up.

• btwice80

RG Overall Ranking

Triple ups are my favorite format on DK. All single entry and 10% rake. The leagues are also 10% rake, but the traffic there is minuscule compared to FD leagues, which are my favorite thing between the two sites. Really hope that FD league traffic carries over after the merger.

• wolfjb1

@bhdevault said...

On DK, if you put out head to heads, you can limit the amount one person can pickup. Why not throw out $50 in $1 head to heads, limiting 1 per person?

I’ll never understand why more people don’t do this. I started doing it this season and have been profitable ever since (although the chalk killed me last week…Bennett, Green, etc.)

• yort05

@sprom said...

The issue is if you want to play $200-300 cash.

You can easily play $200-300 in cash only doing single entry double up.

• Jcb890

Here’s a question for people who have played a lot of different game types – can you compare your ROI on $1 H2H games vs. ROI on the large-field Double-Ups?

Let’s say for instance you score 137 and the cash line in the large Double-Up is 139 or 140 (close, but on the wrong side of the fringe) – obviously you’re cashing at 0% in the large-field Double-Up. In a smaller GPP you may min-cash. What about with 50 x $1 H2H games? If anyone could provide their experience with some stats, that’d be great.

I haven’t yet tried this strategy. However, like I said above, I have moved away from the large-field Double-Ups, playing the Single-Entry Double-Ups and GPP’s instead. I’d be really curious to hear from people who use or have tried this strategy, it would provide a good comparison. Of course week-to-week it will vary with the cash lines, but should give a general idea.

• slcseas

Double ups are raked at 13%. I’ll stick to the 50/50s

• deejones49

@slcseas said...

Double ups are raked at 13%. I’ll stick to the 50/50s

Agree why pay 13% when you can play for 10

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler