INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• NoLimits0

DK Cancelled the 7 PM NBA and NHL contests but NOT the 7 PM MMA (and why that’s ironic)

Do you guys see the irony in this?

All players could not edit any lineups for any sports from like 615-7. That even applied to NFL even though NFL is for Sunday and not 7 PM.

However there was a 7 PM MMA slate. DK didn’t cancel those and let them run as usual even though you couldn’t edit those either. They cancelled and refunded 7 PM NBA and NHL.

Hope you guys can see the reason why. It was never about the small time customers. It’s all about their bottom line. There is no way they cancel and refund the NBA slate if some high dollar max entry pros didn’t complain. If we complained about it they would have done nothing.

Since no or very little high dollar max entry pro plays MMA really, they were ok with that slate running. But if they let NBA run the max entry pros might get mad and quit since they weren’t allowed to edit their lineup.

I bet they weren’t even going to cancel NBA or NHL until some high level pro like Awesomeo or youdacao or ChipotleAddict or likewise emailed them. Once one or a few of them emailed them DK was probably like crap we don’t want to lose him so let’s cancel, but only in the sports he complained about in since he doesn’t play MMA anyways. After all one of these pros contributes more to the rake than like 100 of us combined so our 100 emails don’t mean anything compared to his 1. Just think about it and see they didn’t cancel MMA and the evidence is quite obvious.

Hope you guys see how much DK cares about small customers. Do you wonder why their new promotion to make up for this involves a “deposit”. It’s all about the bottom line for them.

DK probably saved one of those colluding brothers or those two colluding players youdacao and his buddy tons of money today. Given they never have been banned, DK clearly has catered to them in the past and I’m sure they’ll continue to cater to them. One email from them saying I have 150 lineups and I can’t edit them can you cancel everything please and there you go they get their wish.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

The 1% get whatever they want.

• madmanjayWV

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

The 1% get whatever they want.

#BOWdownB4the1uSERVE = can’t we all just get ALONG? #EZ $$$ – https://prnt.sc/h9dmv2

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

I’m sure hundreds, if not thousands of people were complaining. To think they only listened because the pros complained is a little ridiculous.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I don’t think the OP knows what irony is. Nor do I think the theory holds any water.

I’m sure the “pros” didn’t want their time wasted either and would have preferred the slate to run with refunds given to those who complained that the technical issues affected them. The pros would certainly have gotten refunds where applicable. They were never in any danger of losing out.

• NoLimits0

@Zieg30 said...

I don’t think the OP knows what irony is. Nor do I think the theory holds any water.

I’m sure the “pros” didn’t want their time wasted either and would have preferred the slate to run with refunds given to those who complained that the technical issues affected them. The pros would certainly have gotten refunds where applicable. They were never in any danger of losing out.

Ok explain to me why the MMA wasn’t cancelled?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Lmao. At people who defend the actions of these companies like we haven’t seen high rollers get special treatment in the past.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

Lmao. At people who defend the actions of these companies like we haven’t seen high rollers get special treatment in the past.

DK made a really frustrating and annoying decision last night. They chose money over quality customer service and the customer experience, but that doesn’t change the fact that the theory posited above is simply wrong.

No one is defending the companies in this thread. Of course high rollers get special treatment. But that had nothing to do with DK’s decision last night.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

CSV edit was working fine. I doubt any MME guys were having trouble or complained.

• Touchole

I got completely screwed on my MMA entries I had reserved. DK customer service just keeps sending me the same generic response. They announced on twitter ALL contests that begin at 7 pm est will be canceled and refunded. They need to stick to it.

• NoLimits0

@Touchole said...

I got completely screwed on my MMA entries I had reserved. DK customer service just keeps sending me the same generic response. They announced on twitter ALL contests that begin at 7 pm est will be canceled and refunded. They need to stick to it.

Sorry man they might not unless you get like 1000+ to send emails or more importantly 1 high roller to send emails. If they already paid out MMA you probably aren’t but maybe they see this thread which exposes them.

It’s ridiculous Zieg30 doesn’t understand how DK operates. If DK was truly being fair they would have cancelled all contests.

Like I said I doubt they were going to cancel NBA to begin with. After all there were issues starting at 6. They should have realized this was an important time and since it’s their fault cancel them then. Did the emails all come in at 705? No. I sent one at 630 and they gave an automated response like they didn’t give a crap.

But I’m sure they decided to cancel once like youdacao or someone like that sent them an email at 7 like I couldn’t get the lineups I wanted. That’s why the contests were cancelled after lock and some players already got some points. They waited until last second to hope these guys could still get their entries they wanted in.

Zieg30 can’t explain why MMA was not cancelled because he can’t see the clear and obvious truth. These are the same high rollers who openly collude and nothing gets done about them.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@NoLimits0 said...

Zieg30 can’t explain why MMA was not cancelled because he can’t see the clear and obvious truth. These are the same high rollers who openly collude and nothing gets done about them.

Again, of course high rollers get special treatment.

Again, there is no reason to think that had anything to do with last night’s decision by DK. The high rollers would have been most advantaged by a decision whereby DK let the GPPs play out and then refunded those who emailed to say their entries were affected. That way the high rollers could have still had a good night AND gotten refunded for those entries that didn’t cash. Either way, the high rollers were going to be fine.

I have no clue why MMA GPPs weren’t canceled, but the above point of view makes little sense. For example, there is absolutely no way that the high rollers waited until 7 to email and complain. I’m sure, if some were affected, they were emailing much earlier.

• Touchole

@Touchole said...

Following up on this , After requesting a DK team lead to review my complaint they have refunded me and gave me a free contest ticket.

• NoLimits0

@Touchole said...

Following up on this , After requesting a DK team lead to review my complaint they have refunded me and gave me a free contest ticket.

I’m glad you got your money back.

And this is what DK should have done for every single sport. Let all of them run like MMA and give specific refunds back today to anyone who complained and could verify they had trouble editing. This would have been the perfect solution to what happened with you to people in all sports. If they were willing to do this for you they would be for everyone in all sports.

• moped_jones

@elving188 said...

I’m sure hundreds, if not thousands of people were complaining. To think they only listened because the pros complained is a little ridiculous.

I agree. I’ve complained before and I am a small fry. I’ve gotten refunds before from both of the main sites. It definitely has more to do with the amount of people complaining than the level of player.

• bhodgman

uggh.

• B_Edelman

Got the email about how the deposit bonus works. You have to clear the bonus in 90 days. Ridiculous!

• ryan52

not happy at all with how they are handling this. the deposit bonus being offered is a slap in the face. a better solution would be refunds + free contests to those who were affected. or they should have just let the contests run and dealt with individual complaints from people who were stuck with dummy lineups

• tonedefrob

@B_Edelman said...

Got the email about how the deposit bonus works. You have to clear the bonus in 90 days. Ridiculous!

This is the real slap in the face to casual players.

Should’ve just done FPP, or a free milly ticket, or $5 ticket, or no limit on days. It only benefits the sharks.

• achesley711

Will FPP’s earned through missions count towards the deposit bonus?

• hendry

@achesley711 said...

thats a good question, and i doubt it.

• Slick

From the email I got:

“To claim this deposit offer, you must deposit at least $5 by 11:59 PM ET on 11/19/2017. Upon deposit, you will have the opportunity to earn a bonus equivalent to 40% of this deposit, with a maximum amount up to $1,000.”

Not that I’m depositing $2500 or even $1000, but do you read this as up to $1000 in BONUS money (deposit $2500) or up to a $1000 deposit (for a $400 bonus)?

• eperson911

@achesley711 said...

At some point in the past, I found a FAQ stating that it does not, but I can’t find it again.

• yisman

@Slick said...

From the email I got:

“To claim this deposit offer, you must deposit at least $5 by 11:59 PM ET on 11/19/2017. Upon deposit, you will have the opportunity to earn a bonus equivalent to 40% of this deposit, with a maximum amount up to $1,000.”

Not that I’m depositing $2500 or even $1000, but do you read this as up to $1000 in BONUS money (deposit $2500) or up to a $1000 deposit (for a $400 bonus)?

I read it as the maximum bonus is $1,000.

In such cases, they don’t name a maximum deposit, because they’re happy to have you deposit $2,000, etc.

They’re naming their maximum exposure with the bonus.

I just requested a new Discover card and if I get it in time, I’m depositing $2,500.

• tonedefrob

@Slick said...

From the email I got:

$400 is the max bonus. So $1000 is the deposit for the max bonus.

You earn it back at $1 per $25 played. So you offest the rake by ~20% depending on buy in level.

What a win.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).