• viewfromtop

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    • 2013 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

It’s been my favorite site since they launched, that said, what has happened? We had referral programs, decent fpp earning, reasonable rake, and occasional overlay. Now, no referral program worth mentioning, fpp earning slashed, (mine was replaced by missions exclusively for stakes I’ve rarely played), higher rake, and while overlay isn’t expected we see the main gpps fill up at unreasonable times, undershooting the expectation by 3x on certain slates. Doesn’t seem like a good spot for the industry with the upcoming merger. Thoughts?

• TheRyanFlaherty

They’ve gotten stingy with the missions as well.
    At least with the ones they give me – I primarily play $1 or quarter games and my missions had been filled with $1 games, sometimes a $3-5 range. It was nice since it was stuff I was playing regardless, but It also got me to play different sports or sometimes play a higher $ contest, but now I’m lucky to get $3 missions. Many are now $25.

I thought it may have been because I made Silver one month, so they want me to spend more…but seeing what you typed, I’m wondering if everyone is getting worse offers than they had been?
    Last month was the first month I didn’t even hit Bronze.
    Granted, NFL was all but over and I scaled back my play, but I used to hit Bronze with a mission or two.

• Scumpunch

Weird. I play mostly at the $20 – $40 buy-in level, and nothing under $3. Lately, 90% of my missions have been at the $3 level. I would love some $25 missions to help boost my player points but no such luck.

I do keep a low account balance at all times (usually under $500), so maybe that has something to do with it?

• bigstanny21

It has truly gotten horrible…I play about $24-40 every single night in NBA, play some NFL and most weeks I also play some golf and it takes me weeks or even months to get anywhere near enough to get a $4 ticket….I used to play much less and get tickets constantly…it’s really, really sad to see it happen because we all know their business has only gotten MUCH bigger…it should have gone the opposite way and improved…when they removed late swap for NBA, I nearly left altogether…lucky for them, no other major site offers late swap along with the same GPP sizes/prizes…and these free top-heavy tournaments like for making bronze and silver are ridiculous…you basically have to almost win it to get anything halfway decent and we all know how hard that is to do, regardless of the field…not to mention, if I was to win one of those free tournament GPPs, I wouldn’t even care because it would mean I also crushed and won a much larger prize in the real GPP on the same night…I’ve sent them emails and it doesn’t seem like they care much about our opinion on the rewards

• Loveyduvey50

Add those $40 entry fee and min cash $60 tournament to the list. DK’s golden years ended with Ethangate, now that site is a steaming pile of shit.

• wolfjb1

The tournaments seem to be fine, but I agree that the incentive programs are garbage. The missions are a joke, it’s impossible to earn enough FPPs by just playing.

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

Legislation brought on by conspiracy theorists.

• deadphish

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #74

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

lowest mission i am offered is $50…highest is $300. i assumed all missions were same for all players.

• sgaffney

Another annoying thing I’ve noticed is that you seem to have to click through the missions link and the ‘get started’ button to get the points. Like if the mission is a $3+ tournament I basically play that every day but I don’t seem to get the points unless I click through the missions.

Anyone else notice this? I don’t remember it always being like this and wondering if it’s just a glitch on my side. A couple of times in the last few weeks I’ve checked the mission at the end of the night and it’s still promoting the mission even though I’ve played the required amount.

I mean, they are practically useless but I’d still prefer the points when I’m playing the competition anyway

• RangerC

This Saturday sums up DK in a nutshell:

They run a 5700 entry $3 tournament for a great EPL slate. It fills ~40 minutes before lock (keep in mind that in soccer you realistically can’t enter multiple LUs until all team sheets are out 50-60 minutes before lock) and easily could have filled at 7500 or even 10K (especially if they had been more aggressive in building player base before this). I have a few good LUs so I flip on the Liverpool game after the 1st set of games. At one point the advertising boards flip to show an ad for Draftkings – official partner of Liverpool FC. Being a partner and having ads shown at Anfield apparently costs around ONE MILLION pounds (or more). So DK won’t risk a couple hundred dollars in overlay to grow the EPL game organically, but will spend millions advertising it (even though most people in the UK could care less with all their sports betting options).

• bigstanny21

Oh yeah and the thing that has pissed me off more than anything else, being that I have always been a player at the $3-4 level…last season, every single tournament was a large Sharpshooter for $3…this season, they went to the 4-Point Play at $4, which used to be an entry amount reserved for special tournaments…so now the exact same contests I was playing before are costing me an extra dollar a lineup…minimum cash used to be doubling up and now it’s only a $2 profit…just straight up greed and it truly adds up over time…not to mention, I’d be producing an extra lineup for every three I can play now, which increased my chances of winning in itself…there really aren’t a lot of good things I can say about anything they’ve done whatsoever

• dude_abides7

@billholler said...

Yeah, because none of this was brought on by the sites themselves. Guys on a forum that only 20% of the DFS user base reads brought the industry down. Gotcha.

Honestly, wake up man.

• Messiah717

@billholler said...

Yeah those FantasyAces players sure thought so. Clearly no need for legislation.

• mjtaxpro

Good or bad, the government got involved and costs have shot up

• wolfjb1

This pisses me off too and I’m worried about what they’re going to do for MLB because I play more MLB than anything else.

Last season, the $4 was reserved for the Slurve or Knuckler (or something like that, right?) and the $3 was the regular large field GPP. I’m hoping the big daily MLB GPP doesn’t bump up to $4.

• elementasrat

@wolfjb1 said...

This pisses me off too and I’m worried about what they’re going to do for MLB because I play more MLB than anything else.

Last season, the $4 was reserved for the Slurve or Knuckler (or something like that, right?) and the $3 was the regular large field GPP. I’m hoping the big daily MLB GPP doesn’t bump up to $4.

Hate to break it to you but that’s exactly what’s going to happen. If I remember correctly, since 2013 DK has increased the entry fee of their main GPP by $1 each season, in every sport.

I remember the old days when the main NBA GPP was the $2 Layup. Last year it was the $3 Sharpshooter. This year it’s the $4 4 Point Play.

Same with MLB. I forgot what the $2 GPP name was but last year was the $3 Moonshot and this year its gonna be the $4 slurve. 2018, it’ll be the $5 Knuckleball.

I’m not sure if DK is trying to be sneaky but that’s besides the point.

• thehazyone

RG Assistant Editor/Staff Writer

• 2015 Blogger of the Month

Blogger of the Month

At least you all get missions, my missions screen has been blank for months and it’s not worth my time to bother contacting them.

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    @dude_abides7 said...

Yeah, because none of this was brought on by the sites themselves. Guys on a forum that only 20% of the DFS user base reads brought the industry down. Gotcha.

Honestly, wake up man.

Thanks for the energetic response. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I was referring to dude winning 300k while employed by a competitor. Other than the annoying commercials, no one seemed to care about DFS other than the people playing it. Then all the conspiracy theorists came out of no where. Before then, no states had banned DFS. Fueled by those conspiracy theorists, the industry then fell under heavy scrutiny which lead to almost instant legislation and bans in multiple states.

• Olhausen

@wolfjb1 said...

Oh you can guarantee it’s going up to 4$ but you can do something about it by not playing in them. Since they bumped the big NHL tournament from 3$ to 4$ I haven’t put a single entry in it. I now only play the 1$ or less on DK and play in the 3$ breakaway on fan duel. I play a lot more volume during MLB and if they raise the 3$ tournament to 4$ on DK then the majority of my MLB play will be on fan duel this season. DK has completely shit on the small time players and I’ve taken action by not putting more then a few dollars a night in play over there.

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    @Olhausen said...

Oh you can guarantee it’s going up to 4$ but you can do something about it by not playing in them

And they could raise it to $5 and still not have any overlay.

• dude_abides7

@billholler said...

I was referring to dude winning 300k while employed by a competitor. Other than the annoying commercials, no one seemed to care about DFS other than the people playing it. Then all the conspiracy theorists came out of no where. Before then, no states had banned DFS. Fueled by those conspiracy theorists, the industry then fell under heavy scrutiny which lead to almost instant legislation and bans in multiple states.

You were probably one of the people that thought scripts did not exist, when it was clear they did, just because the sites said they didn’t.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid brother.

I am no conspiracy junkie (and I do agree with you that some of that Ethan crap was ridiculous) but if you are honest with yourself you will realize that many of the items users were crying foul over ended up being justified and they were proven correct.

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    @dude_abides7 said...

I am no conspiracy junkie (and I do agree with you that some of that Ethan crap was ridiculous) but if you are honest with yourself you will realize that many of the items users were crying foul over ended up being justified and they were proven correct.

Feel free to do your own research regarding actual suits filed against FD and DK. Most were people that lost $25-100 and felt they had been defrauded. Feel free to post any actual theories that were proven to be correct instead of posting a blanket conspiracy driven statement.

• cprice

I know this might not be the spot for this, but since you guys all play DKs. I’m looking for the site csv download from mlb last year any date that has every lineup in that particular tournament. If you have one I could use I would appreciate it thanks.

• dude_abides7

@billholler said...

Feel free to post any actual theories that were proven to be correct instead of posting a blanket conspiracy driven statement.

For instance, the script conservancy. For a better part of a year, the sites and their supporters claimed that guys were putting in 500 unique lineups manually. Others, the tinfoil hat crowd as you would call it, claimed these guys were using scripts (which at the time were NOT allowed). Whereas many people would claim that manual import of bulk lineups could be done without scripts (albeit very time intensive) it was obvious these mass volume guys were using help.

Then the sites (who were denying all along of their existence) changed course during the shitstorm and said scripts are now OK, within certain perimeters that they never really explained or who was approved to use them.

If it weren’t for the those conspiracy theorists the sites would have gone on ignoring the issue. People like you were screaming just go build a better lineup. You didn’t understand the time factor advantage a script user has over a manual user.

Either you have a short memory or you are simply being intentionally ignorant. Most of the issues that have affected DFS were self inflicted wound fostered by the sites themselves due to ineptness to deal with issues or simple greed. The fact that you blame RG forum users for the state of DFS today tells me I am probably wasting my time going back and forth with you.

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    @dude_abides7 said...

The fact that you blame RG forum users for the state of DFS today tells me I am probably wasting my time going back and forth with you.

Speaking of ignorance, please show me where I blamed or even referenced RG forum users.

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

Just looked back at your previous posts in other threads and all I can say is wow. Every single post is about some conspiracy theory or wrong doings by the industry or it’s management. Yet, you still continue to play. I am ashamed of myself for even responding to your posts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get a FREE 3-month subscription to our FanDuel Premium content (a ~$90 value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 3 months. That’s a ~$90 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

Sign up for FantasyDraft through one of our links and say you were referred by “GRINDERS” to receive a cashback bonus of 4% on all entry fees (up to $5,000) for 90 days after your first deposit. You’ll also receive a comped 3-month subscription to our FantasyDraft Premium content, an additional ~$90 value FREE!

Learn More
  • Draft

Create your account using Draft promo code “GRINDERS” and receive a free $3 Entry as well as TONS of exclusive Grinders-only perks.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.