INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• gnicholas0225

Hey,

FanDuel user here. Every single night, roughly 20-40% of the NBA 50/50 contest lineups are completely identical. Cash lines are higher than GPP cash lines like 25%-30% of the time, and lately, you have to get 320+ to have a chance at cashing most nights. You essentially need to have every high owned player in order to have a chance at cashing, since almost all the highly-owned guys are priced super soft and go for 5x, 6x, even 7x+.

In short, FanDuel NBA cash games are entirely broken, and while I’ve actually managed to be quite profitable on the season, it has completely sucked any enjoyment from DFS for me and made it just a super anxious experience overall.

I’m wondering if DraftKings has the same problem? Are 50/50 contests there such that a significant portion of the pool has the exact same lineup, or close to it? Are the cash lines there often exceeding the GPP lines?

• bigez952

@gnicholas0225 said...

Hey,

FanDuel user here. Every single night, roughly 20-40% of the NBA 50/50 contest lineups are completely identical. Cash lines are higher than GPP cash lines like 25%-30% of the time, and lately, you have to get 320+ to have a chance at cashing most nights. You essentially need to have every high owned player in order to have a chance at cashing, since almost all the highly-owned guys are priced super soft and go for 5x, 6x, even 7x+.

In short, FanDuel NBA cash games are entirely broken, and while I’ve actually managed to be quite profitable on the season, it has completely sucked any enjoyment from DFS for me and made it just a super anxious experience overall.

I’m wondering if DraftKings has the same problem? Are 50/50 contests there such that a significant portion of the pool has the exact same lineup, or close to it? Are the cash lines there often exceeding the GPP lines?

That is the way cash games are on both sites with the increased use of optimizers by the industry. If you managed to be quite profitable I don’t understand why your mad about it? Cash games are essentially head to heads vs. the optimal. If you can successfully beat the trains 50%+ of the time it is to your benefit that everyone is playing the same or similar lineup while your being different and consistantly better.

• SkateFiend

@gnicholas0225 said...

Hey,

Don’t play cash games in either of those sites. If you must play cash games try Yahoo quick matches (skilled based match making is bad for COD, but great for DFS) or snake draft contests, which are essentially triple ups.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).