CFB FORUM

Comments

• Cobra1977

I am looking to build upon last week’s late night slate (I missed pretty bad with my early slate) and start attacking this week’s main Draftkings CFB slate with my favorite 3-man + 2 man stack of the week.

Late night stack from Week 3: While my value picks from the early slate last week didn’t hit (Penn State and Northwestern), I feel that the 3-man + 2-man stack made quite a comeback for the late slates as Clemson suddenly became a value 3-man stack and those who picked the #2/#3 WRs for Oklahoma and/or Texas were able to rack up 200+ points on several teams that placed high in tournaments pairing them with cheap Hawaii WRs.

This week I believe there a few places to find value and once again the right Bama stack may be atop the leaderboards for the early slate. Let’s look at who I like.

3- man “value” stacks:

The 3-man stacks are stacks I like to try and keep under $20k of my total salary and find good combinations of QB/RB/WR to allow me to fit in other studs. Here are my favorites this week.

UCF (Gabriel- QB/ McCrae- RB / Nixon- WR): Ever since their miracle year in 2017 the University of Central Florida has been on a mission to prove they belong with the big boys. Because they felt they were snubbed for a shot at the title, they have made sure to not let the gas pedal off of any of their wins, especially against bigger schools. After handling Stanford they look to continue their winning ways against Pitt.

South Carolina (Hilinski- QB/ Dowdle- RB /Edwards- WR): While the Gamecocks are underdogs this week they should be able to put up decent stats against Missouri after posting some decent stats in garbage time last week versus Alabama. I think Hilinski is the best passer that South Carolina has had since Connor Shaw was slingin’ it in Columbia and the Gamecocks look much better then they have in the past few years. The Gamecocks star players are relatively cheap this week and they could even upset Missouri on the road if they come together this weekend.

2-man stacks:

The “2-man” stacks or “stud stacks” are a little different this week as I feel like finding the right Tagovailoa target this week may be the key to having a winning lineup. While I love Jeudy, both Ruggs III and D. Smith have been big targets this year with Tagovailoa connecting with all 3 and leaving Jaylen Waddle as more of a decoy this year.

Alabama (Tagovailoa/ (Jeudy/ Harris/ Ruggs/ or Smith ?): I think hitting 2 or maybe even 3 of the Alabama skill players as they run up the score may be a way to tournament success this week. While prices have gone up for Harris, Ruggs III and Smith the price of Jeudy has dropped slightly after his sub-par game versus South Carolina. Look for one of these 3 to have a huge game along with Tagovailoa, finding the right one is the hard part this week.

LSU (Burrow- QB/ Jefferson- WR)- The days of 30+ carries of Leonard Fournette are long gone as the highlight reel TD passes that OBJ and Jarvis Landry once brought to Bayou are now back. Look for Burrow to continue having elite games and for Jefferson to continue to be his #1 target this week versus Vandy.

Missouri (Bryant- QB/ Rountree III RB)- A possible 3-man Missouri stack could also be a viable option consisting of Bryant/ Rountree and a guy I will talk about below exists. But for now if you are exploring Missouri I like this duo as my favorite QB/RB of the week. I am hoping the South Carolina/ Missouri game becomes a shootout because there is much to like on both sides of the ball this week.

Filling out the roster- Some NFL tight ends I like this week

For the final 3 spots I will look for a starting RB at one position ($6k-$7k range) and may go double TE this week for my WR/ Flex as I have two I really like. If I choose one or the other, I will look to find another value RB/ WR for my flex at $4,000- $4,500 range and hope for the best. These are two guys I like, I am hoping one of them comes up big as they both have NFL bodies.

Jared Pinkney (Vanderbilt, $4,200): Jared Pinkney has been a bit disappointing this year, but much of it has been due to the Vanderbilt QB position more than Pinkney. While I expect LSU to roll Vanderbilt, I think Pinkney can (and should) be the #1 option for Vandy if they have any hope. Last year Pinkney had over 700 yards receiving with 7 TDs and is a big time NFL prospect possibly going in RD 1.

Albert Okwuebunam (Missouri, $5,100): After several huge games last year with Drew Lock under center, Okkwuebunam has gone a little under the radar this year with Kelly Bryant taking over QB duties. I am hoping that many people forget about this lumbering giant as he has big time hands and can run after the catch. Much like PInkney, Okwuebunam is a big-time NFL prospect and creates instant mismatches no matter what team Missouri is facing.

• SammyBoy

Good work Cobra. A sneaky stack I would add is Malik Cunningham and Javian Hawkins for Louisville. UL wants to run the ball as much as possible and Florida State gives up a ton plays bc of their blistering pace. Louisville could feasibly run the ball 50 times and that likely means 35-40 combined carries for Cunningham and Hawkins at very low price.

• Cobra1977

Definitely have been looking at this game to fill in some of my lineups for the other spots and I am sure someone from one of these low scoring Big 10 teams will step up too. Thanks man !

• TuscaloosaJohnny

Don’t sleep on stacking with Waddle. He’s bound to break out and his price is low.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).