NFL FORUM

Comments

• bjasiak11

DK Promotions Manager

Last night at the Kickoff Bash in Miami we announced the biggest fantasy sports contest of all-time, our $15 Million Fantasy Football World Championship that will be featured on ESPN.

Full details including links to the first qualifiers are available in our Playbook article and Promotions page. Check it out and join us as we make history

• tclii85

• AtGame7

What is the payout structure?

Winner: $13 Million

Second: $2 Million

Third: $.5 Million

Everyone else: Airfare and lunch as long as they sign the TV rights away.

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

I missed the initial announcement here in Miami because I was a late, but WOW!!! On top of the cash and experience of a live final, it’s going to be covered by ESPN? Freaking amazing!!!! Also, it’s 5 million for first!

• OneShotKill17

Obviously an amazing prize pool but idk how I feel about the Championship being on the weekend of the Divisional Playoffs, would rather have a full slate of games.

• topscout

whats the rake in this bad boy

• TwoGun

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

$1M Prize Winner

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@OneShotKill17 said...

Obviously an amazing prize pool but idk how I feel about the Championship being on the weekend of the Divisional Playoffs, would rather have a full slate of games.

My understanding is that the divisional round of the playoffs is the absolute best weekend for NFL, and whoever wins the tournament is generally among the highest skilled in DFS. But that’s just what I’ve heard ;).

• einars

@TwoGun said...

My understanding is that the divisional round of the playoffs is the absolute best weekend for NFL, and whoever wins the tournament is generally among the highest skilled in DFS. But that’s just what I’ve heard ;).

yeah kind of weak…at least it cumulative so the week 14/15 (cant remember which) qual final will matter just as much if not more

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

They really are trying to mimic the WSOP with this set up. I do like that you can’t have more than 1 seat in the final 10.

• maxeernst

@topscout said...

whats the rake in this bad boy

Someone mentioned that Qualis will be raked at over 15%

• sharksfansd

This is great for DFS obviously. I do think there should be some sort of further explanation on how they come up with the $80,000 value of this. Or maybe it is in the fine print of the rules. Just wondering if it is the entry ticket that drives the value up (airfare and hotel of course wouldn’t come close to that).

Having won a contest package (NFL) from an adult beverage sponsor last year – nowhere near the grand prize value of this – it was still a little shock to the system at tax time despite knowing ahead of time I would have included in my income for 2014.

• tclii85

• fantasy144123

I studied this and FD final. DK did a phenomenal job marketing this, but as a player with cash being the only consideration, I hate to say I rather be in the FD event, by far.

• tclii85

• flip4flop

Whats the best path to get to those $100 qualifiers? I was hoping there would be some $5 or $10 super sats to a $100 ticket but I guess its just the small ones. Any advice on when if supersats to bigger qualifiers will show up?

• darko3131

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

very cool, love the ESPN part. I was part of the streak 7 for the streak for the cash game in 2009. ESPN was first class all the way taking care of us that week in Bristol.

• johnnyjohnny848

Awesome championship no doubt about it, especially broadcasting the final on espn. I just wonder when will be the day these prize structures start being less top heavy, I mean 1 million to first is apparently nothing these days.

• steveospeak

@flip4flop said...

Whats the best path to get to those $100 qualifiers? I was hoping there would be some $5 or $10 super sats to a $100 ticket but I guess its just the small ones. Any advice on when if supersats to bigger qualifiers will show up?

They have $5 and $10 satellites running, they don’t say they are directly for the $100 week 2 Championship Qualifier, but I believe they could be used

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@pokerrob1970 said...

They really are trying to mimic the WSOP with this set up. I do like that you can’t have more than 1 seat in the final 10.

Perhaps I’m wrong on this, but it looked like it was possible to have multiple entries into the final, but that there will be 10 total people no matter what, so not multiple trip packages. It said something like if a user finishes 1st and 2nd, they advance both entries, but then the 3-11 finishers also get in. Does that sound right?

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

This is brilliant. I will give it my all.

The individuals involved in this DK ESPN integration need shoutouts. I don’t think DK could be doing a better job leveraging ESPN, especially with the broadcast content I’ve heard is in the pipeline.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@pokerrob1970 said...

If you play your cards right you could turn a appearance in the final 10 into a lot more money than what the prize is.

• einars

@Cal said...

The individuals involved in this DK ESPN integration need shoutouts. I don’t think DK could be doing a better job leveraging ESPN,

agreed!!!

• AQUAFTM45

Not considering skill (which is obviously a huge thing) what are the odds compared to a 13 mil lottery payout?

• einars

@AQUAFTM45 said...

Not considering skill (which is obviously a huge thing) what are the odds compared to a 13 mil lottery payout?

Not considering skill it would still be way way better because the lotto is raked at like 50/60 percent

• realdeals

• CeeGee

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

Cumulative?

So, the scores from the 1st step of the Final carry over to the 1-10 Final Round?

Seems very odd to me… Am I the only one that thinks this is a strange structure?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).