NFL FORUM

Comments

• bjasiak11

DK Promotions Manager

Last night at the Kickoff Bash in Miami we announced the biggest fantasy sports contest of all-time, our $15 Million Fantasy Football World Championship that will be featured on ESPN.

Full details including links to the first qualifiers are available in our Playbook article and Promotions page. Check it out and join us as we make history

• srolleDFS

@AtGame7 said...

Everyone else: Airfare and lunch as long as they sign the TV rights away.

this is not very fair to draftkings. they have not made people sign away rights to anything to be able to compete. (or at least for the baseball championship at the wynn)

that may change with ESPN involved, because im sure they have a lot of leverage to get what they want, but when draftkings got a chance to make that decision independently they chose to be player friendly. their decision was in contrast to others in the industry.

• CeeGee

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

How long until ESPN, FOX or any other “Major” network just cuts a check to Draftkings or Fanduel
    and says;

“Go away, we’ll take it from here”

Side note, the NFL is ALL ABOUT being “exclusive” with all of their products, I’m sure they’d love an “exclusive” deal with either DK or FD and let them both bid on the “rights” to NFL DFS

• AssaniFisher

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x6

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@pokerrob1970 said...

I do like that you can’t have more than 1 seat in the final 10.

Oh, I wasn’t aware of this. Can someone confirm? I just saw where it says “Qualify up to 8 times through December 13th”, and assumed that also meant you can have up to 8 seats among the final 10. What happens then if more than one of your 8 entries is in the top 10?

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@AssaniFisher said...

Oh, I wasn’t aware of this. Can someone confirm? I just saw where it says “Qualify up to 8 times through December 13th”, and assumed that also meant you can have up to 8 seats among the final 10. What happens then if more than one of your 8 entries is in the top 10?

I believe you can have more than 1 lineup in the final 10, but it’s still going to be 10 people even if say 3 of them have multiple lineups. So you don’t get additional trip packages if you get more than 1 lineup in the final 10, but still have a big advantage.

• FatalError

DraftKings Rep

@AssaniFisher said...

We are taking the top 10 UNIQUE players to the final day and that includes any lineups the top 10 have above the “cut line” so the cut is the 10th unique player. If 1st to 10th are all unique we have 10 teams in the final and 10 players in the final. If someone has the 5th and 9th place teams we will take 11 teams and 10 unique players. This doesn’t mean that if the guy in 5th and 9th also has a team in 22nd that his 22nd place team comes along too.

Hopefully the cut line concept based on unique players makes this easier to understand/clear.

• stylicho

I have a question. Does Fanduel/Draft kings show what players were picked by other people playing the game after the game starts? If not how can we verify it’s run honestly? Asking this because I’ve been burned betting online before. You would think it’s probably legitimate if it’s advertised on the NFL but Jared Fogel did advertisements with the NFL and they didn’t know he was a scumbag.

• commandercoo1

Lol @ not having this with a full slate of games.

• ckamins87

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@commandercoo1 said...

Lol @ not having this with a full slate of games.

To be fair, unless I misunderstood, it’s actually a cumulative score of the 2 week period. So its a full slate of games + first round of the playoffs.

• Affanculo_

LOL at everyone LOL’ing at a chance to win an absurd amount of money playing fantasy freaking football.

• commandercoo1

That’s even worse honestly.

• dmoen21

@stylicho said...

I have a question. Does Fanduel/Draft kings show what players were picked by other people playing the game after the game starts? If not how can we verify it’s run honestly? Asking this because I’ve been burned betting online before. You would think it’s probably legitimate if it’s advertised on the NFL but Jared Fogel did advertisements with the NFL and they didn’t know he was a scumbag.

WTF?

First of all, yes you can see the other lineups after lineup lock. On Draftkings, your opponents players are visible once their games start. On FanDuel, the opponents players are visible after lock if they play that day. These are Billion dollar businesses. They aren’t looking to screw you out of your $2.

Tell me again what Jared Fogle has to do with this?

• Cakeordeath

Sigh at the negativity of some! Great job DK – Likely a huge televised boost for all of us!

• EandE

Is the final 10 still going to have television coverage on ESPN? I have seen any promotion or heard any chatter about this. Considering it starts today, I thought we would have heard something.

• Jk1492

RG Overall Ranking

@EandE said...

Is the final 10 still going to have television coverage on ESPN? I have seen any promotion or heard any chatter about this. Considering it starts today, I thought we would have heard something.

Am I missing link to this somewhere?

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

So No ESPN coverage. Apparently Fox somehow got into the mix yet there is zero coverage by them anywhere. No links on RG. No live sweat shows on DKTV or RG …WTF is going on?

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

this sounds stupid to ask…..but who won? lol

• Nobakov

@Ryazan said...

this sounds stupid to ask…..but who won? lol

One of your favorite opponents buddies.

• craibcr

It could be followed here: http://contenders.draftkings.com/ffwc-2015-live-final-10-coverage

aejones took first
    danny1234 took second
    Condia took third

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).