INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

The DraftKings Fantasy Basketball Achievements for the 2018/19 season is now live!

You can check out the page and full details here:
    https://draftkings.com/2018-basketball-achievements

This season’s 10 Fantasy Basketball Achievements are:

1. Gym Rat – Total number of days played with at least 1 paid NBA lineup.
    2. Basketball Ironman – Play a paid NBA contest on 167 regular season days.
    3. Weekly Hooper – Total consecutive weeks played with at least 1 paid NBA lineup (Week = Mon-Sun)
    4. Weekly Hoops Hero – Play a paid NBA contest in 26 NBA regular season weeks.
    5. The West Coaster – Total number of days played in at least 1 paid NBA contest that begins at 10PM ET or later.
    6. Big Swish – Total paid NBA lineups scoring at least 250 fantasy points.
    7. Captain Buckets – Total number of paid NBA Showdown matchups played where the highest-scoring captain was drafted.
    8. The Starting 5 – Total lineups played in paid NBA contests with an entry fee of $5 or more (any game style).
    9. Double-Darling – Total number of double-doubles across paid NBA lineups.
    10. Bad Boys – Total number of fouls across paid NBA lineups.

Things to know:

- When you complete a milestone within any of the achievements, the reward will be automatically credited to your account within 24 hours.

- Each milestone you achieve will help you to earn more Crowns. The number of Crowns you acquire each month determines your Daily Rewards Status Tier for the following month

- Basketball Achievements will last for the regular season. Pending any schedule changes, the last day to complete Basketball Achievements will be on April 10, 2019.

We’d love to hear what you think and will continue to share the player community ideas with the Achievements team. Good luck this season!

- DraftKings Community Team

• mforo60

Finally a reward for all those times I have a player get into early foul trouble and ruin my lineups!

Why are some rewards – the “super milestones” – not revealed until after the user has already cleared several milestones?

• thegeneral391

Where does it show the total numbers of fouls for each player? am I missing something?

• DefinitelyMiami

Can you tell us how many NBA game days there will be this regular season please

• saintsfannca

@DefinitelyMiami said...

haha this is immediately why I tried googling first.

it’s automatic diamond status to play those 167 days, I can’t find anything saying that’s every single day. The season is just under 6 months, so probably around just under 180 days. I wouldn’t be surprised if 167 is the exact numbers of days in the season and that’s why they give away 25K crowns

• bigez952

@saintsfannca said...

it’s automatic diamond status to play those 167 days, I can’t find anything saying that’s every single day. The season is just under 6 months, so probably around just under 180 days. I wouldn’t be surprised if 167 is the exact numbers of days in the season and that’s why they give away 25K crowns

I don’t follow NBA that much to know if they have many days where no games are played. The regular season starts tomorrow and ends April 10th so that is 177 days but I am guessing there may be some days with no games throughout the year. So you would have to figure out how many days with no games and take that off 177.

For MLB there were originally 184 possible days with games and you needed to play 180 days to get the 25,000 bonus. They ended up adding on 2 days extra days to include the division playoff games and the first play in game so you had to play 180 out of 186.

Doing a quick glace of the cbssports NBA schedule I am seeing no games on 11/24, 12/24, 2/15 through 2/20, and 4/8 which is 9 days. So that would leave you 168 possible days with NBA games in which a slate could be played so unless I missed a few no game days you would have to play 167 out of 168.

Edit : They will likely have a showdown slate for the NBA All star game so I would say you will have 169 total days possible.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@saintsfannca said...

C’mon man…do the simple math and research..it took five minutes, tops..

Days between Oct 16 and April 10 177

Days Nba doesn’t play 9
    Thanksgiving
    Christmas Eve
    All Star Break Feb 15-20
    NCAA Natl Championship game

• jki7p6

@DraftKings_CM said...

10. Bad Boys – Total number of fouls across paid NBA lineups

I don’t understand the why on this part of the gimmick

• saintsfannca

does anybody know if tickets count as a paid contest entry?? I wouldn’t want to try and play every day and use a ticket and lose out

• 2Slik

• Ranked #12

RG Tiered Ranking

@saintsfannca said...

does anybody know if tickets count as a paid contest entry?? I wouldn’t want to try and play every day and use a ticket and lose out

They did for baseball

• yisman

@saintsfannca said...

it means playing a paid contest, period. Whether you enter with real dollars, DK dollars, or tickets, it’s a paid contest and it counts.

Only thing it’s excluding are contests with no entry fee.

• KindGuy

@yisman said...

Only thing it’s excluding are contests with no entry fee.

:(

• jriddell

For some feedback, I think that the NFL achievements have been the best out of NHL/NFL/NBA. The NFL ones have a nice mix of achievements for just playing on a slate along with ones that require multiple entries a slate. I feel like the NBA achievements are more focused toward just playing a slate with 6 of the 10 able to completed with just one entry and achievement #7 only able to be completed once a slate. As a small time player, I like the allure of a big season long achievement that incentives me to max entry the smaller entry contests (the double/double requirement is the closest to this but I would have liked a few more). Keep these coming though!

• Vanco

@mforo60 said...

Finally a reward for all those times I have a player get into early foul trouble and ruin my lineups!

Why are some rewards – the “super milestones” – not revealed until after the user has already cleared several milestones?

If you go the achievements page and click on Terms and Conditions everything is listed there.

Loving the achievements. Getting the MLB ironman was totally worth it to me. $44+ in final milestone crowns alone and $60+ in Diamond rewards over the month covers a lot for someone who plays $5-10 night. NBA gym rat, ironman, weekly hooper, weekly hero, and west coaster cumulatively adds up to over 36000 crowns.

• mforo60

@Vanco said...

If you go the achievements page and click on Terms and Conditions everything is listed there.

Loving the achievements. Getting the MLB ironman was totally worth it to me. $44+ in final milestone crowns alone and $60+ in Diamond rewards over the month covers a lot for someone who plays $5-10 night. NBA gym rat, ironman, weekly hooper, weekly hero, and west coaster cumulatively adds up to over 36000 crowns.

Actually, if you go to the terms and conditions, there are several achievements that are only listed up to a certain milestone and then it says, “Super Milestones – Milestones 7+ to be revealed after you score 500 Double-Doubles.” This is also the case for the the $5 lineups achievement, the fouls achievement, and the total number of lineups scoring 250+ achievement. I’m wondering why we can’t see these rewards until reaching a certain level.

• Vanco

@mforo60 said...

Actually, if you go to the terms and conditions, there are several achievements that are only listed up to a certain milestone and then it says, “Super Milestones – Milestones 7+ to be revealed after you score 500 Double-Doubles.” This is also the case for the the $5 lineups achievement, the fouls achievement, and the total number of lineups scoring 250+ achievement. I’m wondering why we can’t see these rewards until reaching a certain level.

You are right, I just looked at the numbers. Maybe they’re waiting to see how many people they project to get to the super milestones and adjust it then. So 36k crowns is just the floor for doing something I’d be doing anyway. Even better then.

• DraftKings_CM

You can review the disclosed milestones by clicking the Terms & Conditions link at https://www.draftkings.com/2018-basketball-achievements. “Super Milestones” are intentionally hard to reach, but for those who do complete the achievement we have a really special surprise in store for them! We don’t list the reward on this page because we wanted to have a little fun with this hard to reach achievement milestone, but we have nothing to hide – we will be happy to share the reward with you. Please email us at support@draftkings.com, our customer experience team members will gladly tell you what the reward is. All we ask is that you keep it a secret – we don’t want to ruin the surprise for anyone else accidentally.

Where does it show the total numbers of fouls for each player? am I missing something?

Fouls are not displayed within the DraftKings gamecenter, but your total number of fouls will be shown on the Achievements page.

We anticipate 169 days, but the actual number of game days is dependant on the NBA schedule which is subject to change.

I don’t understand the why on this part of the gimmick

Why would you consider the ability to be rewarded for your NBA play a gimmick?

We track paid contest entries, we do not track how the contest was entered. So feel free to use your tickets & DK Dollars! Freerolls do not count.

For some feedback, I think that the NFL achievements have been the best out of NHL/NFL/NBA.
    In NBA the regular season has each team playing 82 games, 41 at home and 41 away. In NFL the regular session has each team playing 16 games during a 17-week period. NFL Achievements are adjusted to this shorter schedule.

• jriddell

Noooo! I went to a banned state for the weekend (Louisiana) and missed out on 3 days of playing NBA so I am going to miss the Gym Rat achievement by one day! Just to confirm, it is regular season days so the Rising Stars game and All-Star game will not count toward this achievement correct?

I’m banging my head on my desk because I didn’t realize this and now I am missing out on these for NBA and NHL!

• DraftKings_CM

Noooo! I went to a banned state for the weekend (Louisiana) and missed out on 3 days of playing NBA so I am going to miss the Gym Rat achievement by one day! Just to confirm, it is regular season days so the Rising Stars game and All-Star game will not count toward this achievement correct?
    I’m banging my head on my desk because I didn’t realize this and now I am missing out on these for NBA and NHL!

Both the All Star Game and Rising Stars Game will count towards the completion of the Gym Rat achievement, we consider these games to be part of the Regular Season.

• Ken_AA

Not having all of the Achievements posted at the start of the year made me decide not to bother trying NBA this year. I had intended to try and play this sport for the first time since the Achievements would act as a bit of a backstop for my losses as I figured out what I was doing.

Having no idea if that would help or not made me decide to not give it a go. I hope this does not continue for other sports. I know it was the same for NHL but not NFL. I really hope the baseball ones are not “hidden”. I’m not a child I’m not looking for surprises.

• DraftKings_CM

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/draftkings-2018-19-fantasy-basketball-achievements-2707756#reply-2845997

Not having all of the Achievements posted at the start of the year made me decide not to bother trying NBA this year. I had intended to try and play this sport for the first time since the Achievements would act as a bit of a backstop for my losses as I figured out what I was doing.
    Having no idea if that would help or not made me decide to not give it a go. I hope this does not continue for other sports. I know it was the same for NHL but not NFL. I really hope the baseball ones are not “hidden”. I’m not a child I’m not looking for surprises.

Our Achievements are designed to model the way video game achievements function. This method has been proven as a successful player engagement tactic, it helps us keep the contests filled – and that benefits everyone. The pursuit of Achievements is a sweat experience within the DFS contest sweat experience – a side quest. It’s designed to appeal to the majority of our users, we are sorry if it’s not your cup of tea. On the bright side you do not have to participate in our Achievements ecosystem, it is 100% optional.

There were quite a few naysayers when we first launched the Achievements revamp a few weeks ago, but over time players have come to realize how great our new solution is. We are finding more ways to give back to players all the time. As an example, RG member TheRyanFlaherty posted this yesterday:

I was anxious about the NHL/NBA thing too, but having the month now to claim points is pretty awesome…honestly, this sort of thing is almost foreign to me…how often is anything, much less a reward program, structured to be in the consumers favor and allowing them to maximize value? It’s this sort of thing that has led me to play on DK daily and further from other sites. Bravo!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).