INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

Hi everyone! We’re happy to share that today we’ve launched our Fantasy Hockey Achievements for the 2018/19 season!

You can check out the page and full details here: http://www.draftkings.com/lp/2018-hockey-achievements

Just like NFL, 8 achievements will be offered for the season. When you complete a milestone within any of the achievements, the reward will be automatically credited to your account within 24 hours.

This season’s Fantasy Hockey Achievements are:

1. The Rink Rat – Total number of days played with at least 1 paid NHL lineup
    2. Hockey Ironman – Play in a paid NHL contest on 175 NHL regular season days
    3. Weekly Skate Warrior – Play a paid contest in 28 NHL regular season weeks
    4. Big Game Beauty – Total number of paid NHL “Showdown of the Week” contests played. (Contests will be named “Showdown of the Week” and offered once a week)
    5. The Single-Gamer – Total number of Showdown matchups with at least 1 paid NHL Showdown lineup.
    6. The Cash Stack Sniper – Total paid contests played with an entry fee of $20 or more (any game style)
    7. The Lamplighter – Total goals scored in paid NHL contests
    8. Winning Netminder – Total goalie wins across paid NHL contests

Things to know: – Each milestone you achieve will help you to earn more Crowns. The number of Crowns you acquire each month determines your Daily Rewards Status Tier for the following month. :https://www.draftkings.com/lp/daily-rewards – NHL Achievements will last for the regular season. Pending any schedule changes, the last day to complete NHL Achievements will be on April 6, 2018.

We currently offer Achievements for MLB, NFL and NHL. Given the popularity and demand of these, we are looking to expand on our Achievement offering into additional sports. We hope to have updates to share in the weeks ahead.

Do you have an idea for a future achievement? We’d love to hear what you think! We will take the top 3 player community ideas back to the Achievements team – wouldn’t it be cool if your Achievement suggestion is implemented in the future?.

- Christie & Steven, DraftKings Community Team

• hautalak

Well here we go! Thank you as these are great for everybody involved. Looks like I might have to play a little more showdown than I anticipated…

• Supersharpie

I cannot express how much I appreciate the Iron Man contests. This allows “little guys” like me to achieve Diamond status a few months a year. Please include this in your NBA achievements and keep it next year for MLB!

• TheRyanFlaherty

^
    Agreed. I can’t get that page to load at the moment, but if it’s like the MLB Ironman then it looks like I’ll be playing something NHL every night lol
    I also appreciated that these have been all inclusive, so if I don’t have time to research I can always just throw an entry in the QA tiers or Showdown or something. Like you we’re getting at, it’s provided a player such as myself a ton of additional value. If NHL is similar it’s goong to lead me to playing a lot more of it this year. And on DK’s end I think it’s smart to add for a sport like this to try to promote increased engagement and participation…now we just need PGA…please… : )

• mtdurham

I’m a little disappointed. Every day around noon when i woke up and i clicked on the MLB achievements page I noticed that home plate looked like an egg cooked sunny side up and it reminded me that I should eat something before i started researching the slate all day.

This logo does very little to remind me that I should eat something.

(excellent job with the achievements IMO though!)

• yisman

I like having achievements but the $20 price point is pretty high. MLB was $5!

• DefinitelyMiami

How many possible days are there during the season?

• jriddell

Can’t say enough how awesome these are!

How about bonuses for reaching a certain number of milestones? For example, reaching 25 milestones, 50 milestones, all milestones, etc?

As an example for a future achievement, it would be cool to have something a little more skill related like scoring a certain number of points from your captain in a showdown. Or I liked the MLB achievements were you had to break a certain score line.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Hat tricks. Guess that is an obvious one. Obviously not that frequent, so maybe it can be more of a “jackpot” type category.
    Maybe have a single tier – Hit a hat trick yourself. 3 hat tricks nets you – x (should be a decent number) of crowns.

• awesemo

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I really like the new achievement system. One I think that could be fun to do would be to finish ahead of a designated celebrity player in a contest, e.g. Charles Barkley for basketball. It would be like the video game achievements you get for beating a boss.

• mtdurham

@awesemo said...

I really like the new achievement system. One I think that could be fun to do would be to finish ahead of a designated celebrity player in a contest, e.g. Charles Barkley for basketball. It would be like the video game achievements you get for beating a boss.

Charles Barkley doesn’t even know who’s good at real basketball. WOuldn’t be much of an achievement to beat him DFS. Guy is usually too inebriated to form an opinion let alone a lineup.

• Mutigers

Where did the single gamer achievement go?

• karb88

Is there a way to have a list of the Showdown Of The Week contests posted on the achievements page? Almost missed tonight’s contest, with the overlay on it I assume many others did miss it.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@DraftKings_CM said...

Do you have an idea for a future achievement? We’d love to hear what you think! We will take the top 3 player community ideas back to the Achievements team – wouldn’t it be cool if your Achievement suggestion is implemented in the future?.

I propose the SaulGoodman NHL Achievements:

-Achieve a goalie assist.
    -Achieve a negative scoring goalie

The 3rd should be in honor of the great Budaman:
    -Achieve a 4th line goal in the same lineup as a player who is a healthy scratch.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.