INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

Hi everyone! With about 24 hours to go before Week 1 Kickoff – we are stoked to share with you the launch of our 2018 Fantasy Football Achievements. Check out full promo details here: https://www.draftkings.com/2018-football-achievements

We will offer 8 NFL achievements for the 2018/19 season. When you complete a milestone within any of the achievements, you will receive a reward which will be automatically credited to your account within 24 hours.

Here’s a preview of this season’s football achievements:

1. Gridiron Guru – The total number of paid NFL contests played.
    2. Fantasy Football Ironman – Total consecutive weeks played with at least 1 paid NFL lineup. (Week = Tues-Mon)
    3. Ultimate Ironman – Play a paid contest in ALL 17 NFL Regular Season Weeks
    4. Primetime – Total number of days playing at least 1 paid NFL contest that begins after 6:30PM ET.
    5. Primetime Champ – Play a paid contest that begins after 6:30PM ET on ALL 47 days where such contest is offered.
    6. Big Money Hunter – The total number of paid NFL “Millionaire” contests played. (Contests with a $1M (or higher) top prize)
    7. Yardage Monster – Total passing, rushing, and receiving yards in paid NFL contests.
    8. Touchdown Machine – Total TDs scored in paid NFL contests.

Things to know: – Achieving milestones will help you climb toward higher Daily Rewards Status TiersNFL Achievements will last for the full 17 NFL Weeks of the regular season.

For reference, please read about DraftKings Rewards here: (link)

Given the popularity of achievements, we will be looking to expanding into other sports. If you have an idea for a future achievement — hollah!

- DraftKings Community Team

• freeannyong

That is a decent set but I was hoping for a bit more. I’m not sure why the ones below weren’t offered given that they are basically straight from the baseball achievements.

Number of receptions scored in contests
    Number of lineups that score over 150.
    Something related to showdown mode
    Something related to Tiers mode

• mtdurham

For the record (as i noted in the other thread) I think they did a pretty good job with the NFL achievements.

But I agree it seems like to get the new showdown mode to really take off it would be a good idea to add some type of Showdown Rewards (lineups scoring over 60+ or whatever) to the mix…

Also, i started playing DK for NBA. I didnt enjoy NBA tiers… and i havent watched baseball in years so i didnt plan on playing baseball and certainly not the tiered version.. i tried to pick up baseball just to see if i could break even at low $ limits and win a few of the easy to get crowns… Well eventually i started to like playing baseball and also kinda figured out how to win in tiers….

So by doing the MLB achievements program i both started playing a new sport in baseball AND started playing the tiers version which i will now experiment with in other sports as well. So that campaign certainly worked on me as far as incentivizing me to try new sports and versions. I’m probably not the only one.

• Jflash29x

I have a questions for some of these.

Gridiron guru: if i enter the same contest 150 times, does this count as 150 contests played? or 1 contest?

Yardage monster (same logic applies to touchdown machine): If i enter 1 lineup 150 times into a double up, and my lineup scores 5 touchdowns… do i get 750 (5×150) touchdowns total? or do i just get 5 touchdowns because it is only 1 lineup?

The rules for MLB achievements specifically mentioned “unique lineups” but NFL does not. Can you please clarify?

• mtdurham

@Jflash29x said...

I have a questions for some of these.

Gridiron guru: if i enter the same contest 150 times, does this count as 150 contests played? or 1 contest?

Yardage monster (same logic applies to touchdown machine): If i enter 1 lineup 150 times into a double up, and my lineup scores 5 touchdowns… do i get 750 (5×150) touchdowns total? or do i just get 5 touchdowns because it is only 1 lineup?

The rules for MLB achievements specifically mentioned “unique lineups” but NFL does not. Can you please clarify?

Good question.. i hope it’s unique lineups…anything to incentivize people not to play the same dang lineup 1,000 times is good for the industry

• bigez952

@mtdurham said...

Good question.. i hope it’s unique lineups…anything to incentivize people not to play the same dang lineup 1,000 times is good for the industry

I hope it’s not just unique lineups as that sucks for MLB achievements and does nothing to stop trains. I am a single lineup guy who likes to play multiple contests so it’s stupid how if I just switch out 1 guy I can quadruple my stats for the night but since i don’t do that I only get credit for all my stats once.

• joephoto

What about all the NFL lineups I entered in the last several days.
    I hope they count for this.

• cjeagle3

@freeannyong said...

0 X 2 hours ago That is a decent set but I was hoping for a bit more. I’m not sure why the ones below weren’t offered given that they are basically straight from the baseball achievements.

Number of receptions scored in contests
    Number of lineups that score over 150.
    Something related to showdown mode
    Something related to Tiers mode

Agree 100%. Several of the Achievements are redundant which just looks lame. How the 4 mentioned above were omitted is baffling. Pick a defense to pitch a shutout every week or total, touchdowns over 70 yards, there are a lot of fun ways to go. A big part of the fun for MLB was the diversity. This set just doesn’t seem as well thought out.

• libra989

I think the reason they didn’t offer a tiers exclusive achievement is because tiers is going to be the most efficient way to grind these stats anyway, two qbs and six receivers you would never be able to play together on a salary lineup.

It’s not going to require unique lineups, the page doesn’t even reference lineups, only paid contests.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I should have known there wouldn’t be (essentially) free money achievements like MLB, especially since those now roll into the reward tiers that give even more lucrative awards…but these are still rather underwhelming.

I won’t really complain,because it’s still added value, but where as the MLB achievements created engagement for me, led me to play daily and expand my game selections and provided great value/enjoyment leading to positive experiences with DK…the NFL achievements are just something that’s there. It doesn’t look like they will affect my play in any way, I likely won’t even pay much attention to them, and I’ll wind up getting a few crowns here and there.

• bigez952

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I should have known there wouldn’t be (essentially) free money achievements like MLB, especially since those now roll into the reward tiers that give even more lucrative awards…but these are still rather underwhelming.

I won’t really complain,because it’s still added value, but where as the MLB achievements created engagement for me, led me to play daily and expand my game selections and provided great value/enjoyment leading to positive experiences with DK…the NFL achievements are just something that’s there. It doesn’t look like they will affect my play in any way, I likely won’t even pay much attention to them, and I’ll wind up getting a few crowns here and there.

I agree that the MLB achievements are better for things like getting 25,000 crowns just by playing $0.25 a day for 180 days if you wanted to. It is easier to have achievements like that on sports like NBA or MLB which are a daily grind over several months. With the NFL only really having 17 main slates it would be way to easy to play them all so I knew they wouldn’t have a nice ironman bonus like the MLB does for those of us that don’t enter 150 lineups into everything.

• DraftKings_CM

The Gridiron guru Achievement is for each specific contest played, not the number of lineups entered in each contest. Each contest entered counts as 1 contest played regardless of the number of lineups entered into that contest.

All TDs and Yards accumulated in any lineups submitted will count towards the Yardage Monster and Touchdown Machine Achievements, they do not need to be unique.

All lineups will count towards all achievements, they don’t have to be unique. NFL is a different game than MLB with its own unique issues, therefore we decided that NFL Achievements should also have different rules.

What about all the NFL lineups I entered in the last several days. I hope they count for this.

All NFL lineups for this season will count towards NFL Achievements, regardless of when they were entered, even if the line were entered before the program was launched. We got you covered!

I should have known there wouldn’t be (essentially) free money achievements like MLB, especially since those now roll into the reward tiers that give even more lucrative awards

NFL Achievements are a part of our DrakKings Rewards program. We suggest you view our rewards programs as one holistic solution with multiple ways to earn. This makes it easier to see how earning crowns via Achievements help you achieve new Status Tiers faster. The higher the Status Tier, the better the daily rewards.

• 2Slik

• Ranked #25

RG Tiered Ranking

I’ve always mentioned if DK wants to bring over the large casual season long fantasy users they need to offer each user a season long DFS league with a free guaranteed prize pool at the end of the year. While everyone is advertising draft parties they should be there in the same crowd saying have all your friends join a league on us! as opposed to DFS being a solo venture. I appreciate having the Football Achievements, but of course always want the experience to be better. Outside of fancy graphics the ball was dropped, where new creative interactions could have built further interest.

• mtdurham

@bigez952 said...

I hope it’s not just unique lineups as that sucks for MLB achievements and does nothing to stop trains. I am a single lineup guy who likes to play multiple contests so it’s stupid how if I just switch out 1 guy I can quadruple my stats for the night but since i don’t do that I only get credit for all my stats once.

Again, I like it and I hope they keep doing it.

I absolutely loathe guys like you who enter the same lineup in 700 different contests and when that lineup hits sweep every single contest.

No offense I dont mean anything personal by this statement. You just completely ruin the fun of the entire Draftkings experience for me and millions of others who are competing each night and are trying to have fun.

I wish they would ban the use of players using the same lineup more than once in any and all events. It is the main reason for the dramatic decline in DFS because people can come up with a few “optimal” lineups and then put them in every single event and win ALL the money. That’s why only 1% of people are profitable and everyone else ends up quitting after they lose enough money.

I am in favor of absolutely ANYTHING that Draftkings does to limit the # of times you can enter the same lineup….or ANYTHING that Draftkings does to encourage you to enter a unique lineup.

I don’t care at all whatsoever about how easy they make it for ANYONE to earn crowns at the expense of making it nearly IMPOSSIBLE for normal people to WIN MONEY $$$.

• Dunzor

@mtdurham said...

Again, I like it and I hope they keep doing it.

I absolutely loathe guys like you who enter the same lineup in 700 different contests and when that lineup hits sweep every single contest.

No offense I dont mean anything personal by this statement. You just completely ruin the fun of the entire Draftkings experience for me and millions of others who are competing each night and are trying to have fun.

I wish they would ban the use of players using the same lineup more than once in any and all events. It is the main reason for the dramatic decline in DFS because people can come up with a few “optimal” lineups and then put them in every single event and win ALL the money. That’s why only 1% of people are profitable and everyone else ends up quitting after they lose enough money.

I am in favor of absolutely ANYTHING that Draftkings does to limit the # of times you can enter the same lineup….or ANYTHING that Draftkings does to encourage you to enter a unique lineup.

I don’t care at all whatsoever about how easy they make it for ANYONE to earn crowns at the expense of making it nearly IMPOSSIBLE for normal people to WIN MONEY $$$.

This makes no sense…I can see if you wanted to limit a train in the same contest (i.e. each lineup an individual enters in a given contest must be unique) but to limit people from playing their lineup at different price points would be ridiculous. There are many many players who only build one lineup a week and nothing should limit them from entering a bunch of different contests with their one lineup. If they were able to nail the optimal with that one bullet they deserve to win all the contests. I don’t think i have ever heard anyone else express the desire to limit people from entering their single lineup in different contests

• jriddell

It appears as though some of my achievements are not being calculated correctly – most specifically the Fantasy Football Ironman (only giving me credit for two weeks played so far instead of three). That makes me question the Gridiron Guru achievement which trickles down into several others. Does anyone else have questions as to how their levels are being calculated?

• bigez952

@jriddell said...

It appears as though some of my achievements are not being calculated correctly – most specifically the Fantasy Football Ironman (only giving me credit for two weeks played so far instead of three). That makes me question the Gridiron Guru achievement which trickles down into several others. Does anyone else have questions as to how their levels are being calculated?

If it is anything like the MLB big league achievements they don’t get updated until 12 EST the following day so you won’t see anything updated for this past weekend for a couple more hours and check back.

• jriddell

@bigez952 said...

If it is anything like the MLB big league achievements they don’t get updated until 12 EST the following day so you won’t see anything updated for this past weekend for a couple more hours and check back.

Some of my achievements (the Millionaire Maker) are updated though, which is why I asked. I thought it might just be a timing thing but wanted to see if others had the same question before I ran to support.

• Dunzor

@jriddell said...

Some of my achievements (the Millionaire Maker) are updated though, which is why I asked. I thought it might just be a timing thing but wanted to see if others had the same question before I ran to support.

It is probably because the Milly Maker is over for the week, but technically week 3 is not finished, so someone who missed the main slate could still get credit by playing monday night. So they’ll probably update that particular achievement tomorrow

• BigRay

@jriddell said...

most specifically the Fantasy Football Ironman (only giving me credit for two weeks played so far instead of three).

It will not update until tomorrow as we have yet to complete week 3 until tonight’s game is over.

• DraftKings_CM

When did you complete the Ironman achievement for week 3? If you completed the Achievement yesterday, we have not yet processed and awarded the Achievement – it should occur within the next 24 hours. Our Achievements manger let us know Ironman is processed daily, not weekly as some have suggested above – but there can be a 1 or two day lag before the processing and awarding of the Achievement is complete.

• BigRay

Hmmm. If the Ironman takes one or 2 days, why have I not received credit for week 3 for the Thursday games I played on 9/20? I think your achievements manager needs a better line.

• TheRyanFlaherty

You should have just went with the updates weekly explanation, because that’s certainly what I assumed when I saw my categories still at 2.
    Fwiw I played the TNF single game. I also couldn’t care less if it takes until the end of the week to update, so I’m not complaining, it just seemed silly to say Ironman-NFL is done daily, when there hasn’t been anyone to say they’ve had theirs updated.

• DraftKings_CM

@BigRay said...

Hmmm. If the Ironman takes one or 2 days, why have I not received credit for week 3 for the Thursday games I played on 9/20? I think your achievements manager needs a better line.

jriddell & BigRay: Our achievements manager has been notified and is investigating, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have answers for you tomorrow.

• flip4flop

The explanations of the achievements really could use some work defining the levels. The MLB one is perfect the breaks out rewards and is easy to understand. Not a fan of the NFL layout at all.

• DraftKings_CM

@flip4flop said...

The explanations of the achievements really could use some work defining the levels. The MLB one is perfect the breaks out rewards and is easy to understand. Not a fan of the NFL layout at all.

We have received complaints from some users who thought the process for MLB Achievements was too confusing, they expressed that there was too much information on the MLB page to process.

NFL Achievements were designed to use the same basic model, with one small exception. The focus is now on the next milestone rather than all possible milestones for each Achievement. We still provide the list of all milestones within the Terms and Conditions which is a clearly displayed link above the FAQ. We also provided the milestones within the MLB Achievements T&C, so that has not changed. Our new design empowered the players who want to shoot for the moon to plan for all Achievement milestones, while more casual players can focus on the next major milestone instead.

What would you prefer to see in the future? We are always listening to feedback as we continue to evolve towards finding the perfect middle ground that best benefits the majority of players without becoming overly complicated.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).