MAIN FORUM

Comments

• Roma315

Anyone else notice this disturbing trend on DK. The $8 buy in for the larger prize pools. The trend went from $1/2 -$2-4, $3-6, now $8. So it will likly keep going up. It will get to a point where it might stop the average joe from playing anymore and kill DFS. Thoughts?

NHL $8/$55k tonight
    The alternative
    $3/$15k

SOC $8/$20k Saturday
    The alternative
    $3/2k

NBA
    $8/500k
    The alternative
    $3/10k
    $3/160k
    $1/35k

NAS
    $8/$100k
    The alternative
    $4/$25k

MMA
    $8/$50k
    Alternative
    $4/25k

NFL currently unaffected due to popularity

• foxymongrel

Im with you man. Seemed like last year I was playing a nice 500k four point play lineup every night and now I’m basically playing two with the Excellent 8’s. As someone with a limited bankroll who still likes to go for the bigger prizes, its getting frustrating haha

• bigez952

This trend is never going to change as long as contests continue to fill daily. The only way to have any chance of DK reversing the trend is if people stop playing or play less so it gets to a point they start to lose money which hasn’t happened yet. The bigger the buy in the more rake they bring in so it makes business sense what they are doing.

• celtics2448

I play daily between $10-$25 a day, and i never even consider playing the $8 unless my usually misguided confidence has me doing so and that’s a rare occasion. I suppose i’m a little above average but my bankroll is definitely average and usually less then $100 so if i’m playing multiple lineups i’m not doing it in an $8 contest where doubling up requires a top 10% finish. So basically if i’m making multiple lineups as i’m assuming most people do $8×3 = $24 at 150 max or $3 or $4×5 = $15 or $20 at 20 max and the choice makes itself for the average player.

However, i’ve been content with the $3’s and $4’s for some time for NBA & MLB, but i play a lot of NASCAR so your point really hits home. If we can ditch the 20 entry max “rules” on the “smaller” contests where the sharks are playing anyways to make the contests bigger and better, i’m all for it at this point. I’ve switched my position like a politician. I mean, my biggest cash ever was in a 150 max with 1 lineup, so anything can happen really.

• Roma315

@celtics2448 said...

I play daily between $10-$25 a day, and i never even consider playing the $8 unless my usually misguided confidence has me doing so and that’s a rare occasion. I suppose i’m a little above average but my bankroll is definitely average and usually less then $100 so if i’m playing multiple lineups i’m not doing it in an $8 contest where doubling up requires a top 10% finish. So basically if i’m making multiple lineups as i’m assuming most people do $8×3 = $24 at 150 max or $3 or $4×5 = $15 or $20 at 20 max and the choice makes itself for the average player.

However, i’ve been content with the $3’s and $4’s for some time for NBA & MLB, but i play a lot of NASCAR so your point really hits home. If we can ditch the 20 entry max “rules” on the “smaller” contests where the sharks are playing anyways to make the contests bigger and better, i’m all for it at this point. I’ve switched my position like a politician. I mean, my biggest cash ever was in a 150 max with 1 lineup, so anything can happen really.

My largest cashes were before the 20 limit max as well. Likly because the prize pools were larger. I also would only enter 20-40 lineups as it is. Sometimes I entered 50 if I had a feeling. This year I’ve placed higher more often, but have won significantly less.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).