MAIN FORUM

Comments

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

We Have Improved DraftKings Achievements!

Now Live: https://www.draftkings.com/achievements

We heard the echoing cheers for the DraftKings Achievements that started earlier this year – so took the most logical next step: we made a good thing even better.

Achievements will soon have a permanent home in both the DraftKings app and website, making it easy for you to see everything the program has to offer. Don’t worry – we got you covered. You don’t need to do anything differently to complete Achievements, and we will remind you to claim your rewards before they expire.

Our new Achievement improvements will also simplify the navigation through Achievements by each sport. It is easier than ever track your milestone progress, monitor what you have earned, and claim the rewards you earned at your leisure. Rewards will be claimable within 24 hours after completing a milestone. You can claim these rewards anytime until 30 days after the Achievement program for the sport in which they were earned concludes. Claimable rewards also provide players with the flexibility to claim their prizes when they want to, rather than having them automatically distributed the day after completing a milestone. But don’t worry, the reward amounts for each milestone will not change.

This is yet another step in our multi-stage rollout of Rewards and Achievements that we started earlier this year. The development of this new Achievements platform will empower DraftKings to provide more fun Achievements that have been requested by many of you across a wider range of sports, and ultimately more rewards. We are proud to provide the best rewards program in Daily Fantasy, and it keeps getting better!

Want to learn more about DraftKings Achievements? Visit our FAQ at https://draftkings.com/lp/achievements-faq

- DraftKings Community Team

• Mutigers

Anyone else having issues claiming an achievement. I tried both on phone and mac and the “Claim Now” button did nothing.

• bigwillie20

I’m confused. Why is it an improvement to now have to manually claim awards rather than having that done automatically?

• realphipps

Total trash. That’s about the only way to describe this improvement.

Streamlining the process, by definition, makes it easier for each and all involved in said process, in theory.

DK is doing the exact opposite. Put even more work on the user… Because, you know, the process of earned awards being credited to the customer automatically was probably turning a lot of people off.

It’s borderline amazing just how out of touch some companies are with their current and potentially future users.

• kujo33

I want to play and earn rewards. I don’t want to manage it. This seems like the goal is for rewards to go unclaimed.

• jki7p6

@bigwillie20 said...

I’m confused. Why is it an improvement to now have to manually claim awards rather than having that done automatically?

If im reading this right a player can load up achievements earned and claim the crowns the following month and be a higher tier for two months out, instead of having dead tier+ crowns you had no control over and be tier-locked for the following month? Hoping this allows for more Achievements sports too (Golf would be awesome).

edit: Hoping we get at a minimum bell notifications when our achievement crowns are getting close to their 30 day limit. Problem if on the player to time track.

• realphipps

Saving crowns to manipulate your tier status is a great idea, especially for the market share devoted to the daily grind. For casual users, for potential new users, it’s just about the shittiest idea they could’ve come up with.

I left DK two years ago because I was constantly losing out on mission achievements, as I had a very busy life including career and family, and oftentimes couldn’t log in during the sweet spot where I could claim what I had “earned”. To this day, I play very little there. Maybe a couple quarter games, maybe a couple dollars. But very low volume… I’ve made a career out of customer acquisition, that’s what I do. Keeping customers is hard enough, finding new ones is your life-blood.

While most new users will probably be ignorant to the awards program, at least initially… Once they realize what’s going on, once they see what they lost out on because they didn’t “click a button” in a certain time frame, they are going to bail.

If you keep up with the DFS market, essentially every sharp observer who consults on that market (via Forbes, Eilers & Krejck etc.) identifies, near or at the top of the list, the reason companies like DK are still bleeding money, still not returning a positive net profit, still operating on declining annual gross revenue: They view casual players as dead money.

This is yet another example of just how tone-deaf they are.

I understand the window for claiming these awards is, as of now 30 days. Which seems sufficient if you’re keeping up with it. Judging by DK’s past, I would imagine that window will shrink dramatically as they continue to find ways to lower margins on credited customer awards.

• lpdev

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #18

RG Tiered Ranking

@realphipps said...

I understand the window for claiming these awards is, as of now 30 days.

The message above seems to indicate the window for claiming is not 30 days from when you get the achievement but 30 days “after the Achievement program for the sport in which they were earned concludes”. So it looks like you can claim them up to 30 days after the season ends. That seems fair enough. While I would rather not have to click to receive the awards I see the value for DK in this change. Except for a few notable milestone achievements in MLB I haven’t even noticed the rewards I get. 100 crowns here, 50 crowns there…they go unnoticed. I don’t think the goal is to have awards left unclaimed, it’s to ensure that the end user knows that they have gotten an award and perhaps to draw them in to the achievement system. It’s been very easy to ignore the achievement system entirely up until now.

• SA16

RG Overall Ranking

So basically you made a new system where the intent is to hope the customer forgets to claim their rewards instead of them just getting them automatically like before. Sounds good. Great work.

• thegeneral391

Where is this ‘Claim Button’ ?
    I don’t see it anywhere…

• lpdev

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #18

RG Tiered Ranking

@thegeneral391 said...

Where is this ‘Claim Button’ ?
    I don’t see it anywhere…

On the website, there is a new Rewards menu. I had an indicator on that menu that something had changed (an asterisk or dot or something). It led me to the achievements where I had something to claim. You may not have anything completed that wasn’t already claimed. Not sure where this is on the app. I’d guess it would show up on the home screen where you already claim daily rewards and completed missions.

• nickbloggerman

Not a huge fan of this move but I appreciate that the ‘rewards’ part of it where all of the extra stuff is in its own section. Still haven’t got some achievements that rolled over from when they were implementing this new system but I assume they are still working on that.

• serg270679

Have NBA and NHL achievements balances been updated after last night’s contests? It doesn’t look like that to me…

• Jeddy3

The logic behind dk not automatically redeeming the achievements makes no sense. Why fix something that wasn’t broken? Unless, this is a subtle way to reel back in the payouts? I could be missing something here, though…

• DraftKings_CM

Anyone else having issues claiming an achievement. I tried both on phone and mac and the “Claim Now” button did nothing.

Please refresh the page and let us know if you are still experiencing trouble. We believe this issue is fixed once you refresh the page.

I appreciate that the ‘rewards’ part of it where all of the extra stuff is in its own section. Still haven’t got some achievements that rolled over from when they were implementing this new system but I assume they are still working on that

Have NBA and NHL achievements balances been updated after last night’s contests? It doesn’t look like that to me…

Please email support@draftkings.com, our team of expert representatives will help you solve this problem.

• DraftKings_CM

Our Achievement improvements give you the ability to claim whenever you want – this is a very good change for players who understand how this benefits them.

Do you want to save up your rewards until December and then earn Platinum status tier instead of getting Gold? Now you can.

Want to only redeem the crowns you need to hit Silver or Gold, but keep the rest for the future? Now you can.

This change is a big benefit to our active players. Your future, and your Status Tier, is now in your hands. Gone are the days when we define your status within a 30 day period, now you can use your rewards to earn status in new ways.

Streamlining the process, by definition, makes it easier for each and all involved in said process, in theory.

It may surprise you to learn that Award claims were not automatic before this week’s Achievement improvements, they were slowly processed on our end and it took a full day if not longer at times to complete. It was an extremely laborious process to credit rewards to each user, which in turn limited the number of achievements we could offer. With this new claiming process, the crediting of both Rewards and Achievements will process much quicker, thus creating more time for us to work on new Achievements to offer.

I understand the window for claiming these awards is, as of now 30 days. Which seems sufficient if you’re keeping up with it. Judging by DK’s past, I would imagine that window will shrink dramatically as they continue to find ways to lower margins on credited customer awards.

The window to claim is until 30 days after the Achievement program for the sport in which they were earned concludes. For example for the NBA season, the you can claim your rewards until 30 days after the season ends. That’s a LONG time from now – plus we send reminders to players to make sure they claim their rewards. We want the rewards to be claimed, that’s a good thing, everyone should be rewarded for the Achievements they earn!

PS: Our mission this year was to give back more to our users, it is one of the many ways we reinvest in the player community. Rewards have not shrunk – they have GROWN.

I want to play and earn rewards. I don’t want to manage it. This seems like the goal is for rewards to go unclaimed.

You might miss out on a great opportunity to raise your status to be rewarded with more crowns, but you CAN wait until the season ends and then claim your rewards all at once. We let you decide when to claim your rewards. In the past we decided for you, our new solution is clearly better for the players. Plus we will remind you to do this – easy isn’t it?

The message above seems to indicate the window for claiming is not 30 days from when you get the achievement but 30 days “after the Achievement program for the sport in which they were earned concludes”. So it looks like you can claim them up to 30 days after the season ends. That seems fair enough.

PRECISELY!

I don’t think the goal is to have awards left unclaimed, it’s to ensure that the end user knows that they have gotten an award and perhaps to draw them in to the achievement system. It’s been very easy to ignore the achievement system entirely up until now.

BINGO!

So basically you made a new system where the intent is to hope the customer forgets to claim their rewards instead of them just getting them automatically like before.

Let’s keep things in perspective – we have been working hard all year long to give back more to our players, that’s why we switched to Daily Rewards this past summer. We are giving back more than ever before. One year ago today, we didn’t even offer Achievements, we started this program in April 2018 at the beginning of the baseball season. Now we do, and the rewards are bigger than when we first started in April, plus you now get to choose WHEN you claim your rewards.

• jriddell

The one change I don’t like is now all of my progress on the achievements is rounded. For example, on the Gridiron Guru achievement I used to be able to see the exact number of contests needed but now I just see something like 1.5K/1.6K. Am I 1 contest away or 100? And now it shows 1.6K/1.6K. Did I hit it directly or am I just not able to claim the NFL achievements yet?

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I actually am very pleased with this new system. As it was mentioned above, I am about to hit my next tier for this month, only need about 5 more crowns. So, instead of claiming my achievement crowns and having the extra 595 crowns go towards the next tier (which I can’t hit since its the last day of the month) I am saving this to claim tomorrow and having a nice bonus start towards next month. If used properly, this is a great change, thanks DK.

• Brandon6385

Now my luck, I will forget about these and that is the intent of DK i feel like…..

• yisman

Using Google Chrome, I still have the old bar up top. Is this supposed to change?

Lobby
    Lineups
    Contests
    Leagues
    Missions
    Promos

• flip4flop

Cant we simply have an option in our profile if we would like to receive the rewards automatically or opt into the new claim when you want (within 30 days) model?

• jriddell

Did people receive NBA Achievements for Friday’s games? I don’t think I did but I know it sometimes takes an extra day to update the numbers.

• bigwillie20

I don’t know if I didn’t complete any, completed any, or am just looking in the wrong place to claim them

• MotownGreek

@flip4flop said...

Cant we simply have an option in our profile if we would like to receive the rewards automatically or opt into the new claim when you want (within 30 days) model?

That’s a great suggestion. Some people may not care about tiers and this will help them out. For me personally, now that I understand the benefit of being able to manipulate what tier you fall in I really like it!

• walleye734

How about just auto apply them after 30 days if they haven’t been claimed.

• mtdurham

This is a good change.. If you cant log into the site once a month to claim rewards you arent a frequent player anyway and thats the whole point of frequent player rewards

There were many times where I had to dial back the amount of contests I entered because i wanted the 25,000 crowns or whatever to hit the following month..obviously that’s dumb to have to “manage my rewards” like that….. and there was one time where i didnt quite realize what i was doing and i gianed 25,000 crowns inadvertently in the wrong month just because i max entered the minimax slate….. they didnt help me at all that month as i was already well over 25,000… that alone cost me ~$50 of free rewards when i barely missed platinum the next month.

This just allows the user when to decide when to claim them…thats a great change…they pop automatically on your screen

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.