MAIN FORUM

Comments

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Instead of earning 3 FPP by $1 in contests now you get 1 FPP per $1 in contests. They give you freerolls that you can qualify for based on play level, and other daily incentives to earn additional FPP, but I think this really hurts the high volume players.

• walleye734

@PigskinaBlanket said...

What was the Platinum Live Experience from Last month?

I was told they would work with each winner to customize an experience to their liking with their team/league partnerships.

• jonathan627

lmao….new updates to the DK FPP programs are another failure. Thought these were supposed to be tailored and personalized for each player now? Mine today is “play in any $50 double up”. I’ve never played a $50 double up in my life. Thanks DK, I feel valued.

• Nosuckoutplz

I made gold last month, with much effort. This month it looks like I’ll have no chance. I’ve been offered 15pts twice, 20pts once, and 30 pts once, in the last 5 days. I play about $100 a day, every day, and my missions have been “play any contest $2 or more” or “play a $3 NBA contest”.

Joke. I write support and got a template response to check the website and see what the mission is.

• ButBongoFiesta

While I have many issues with new FPP system my biggest one is the fact I have zero interest in any sort of “VIP Experience”. I have no motivation to reach platinum level since the grand prize of the free roll is of no interest to me. Just give away cash, stop the nonsense.

• Bighouse55

@Nosuckoutplz said...

I made gold last month, with much effort. This month it looks like I’ll have no chance. I’ve been offered 15pts twice, 20pts once, and 30 pts once, in the last 5 days. I play about $100 a day, every day, and my missions have been “play any contest $2 or more” or “play a $3 NBA contest”.

Joke. I write support and got a template response to check the website and see what the mission is.

How many points does it take to reach gold status?

• tvsfrink

https://www.draftkings.com/lp/player-rewards

• Nosuckoutplz

Yes, 5,000, and the freeroll had a break even player/nuetral ev of ~$68.

I wrote Draftkings and Matt kalish on Twitter, but no response. They’ve responded before, so it’s obvious they don’t want to address this.

• Nosuckoutplz

Got a non-form response, to a reply I sent on a “missions” promotional email.

GovernmentFlu, you have earned 130 FPPs through Missions!

This is fine and dandy, but for some reason I’ve been put on a do-not-allow-to-make-gold tier again list, as I’ve not even been offered a
    mission over 30 points and many have been 15. Last month I worked hard to
    reach gold, and the promo worked as it should for you guys, I played more,
    more sports, and higher buy ins to get there. I would play a $50 MLB game
    that I never had before, but I was offered a mission of 500 points to do so.

What are my missions now? “Play any one single game for $2 or more, 15pts” or
    “play a $3 NBA game, 15pts”. As if I don’t play dozens on a daily basis.

The system is broke.

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that the missions you are offered are decided by your recent playing history among other factors. While I am not manually able to change you missions, I have forwarded your feedback along to appropriate parties so that we can look to improve on this.

Thanks for playing at DraftKings!

If I had to guess, the algorithm that places you in whatever bracket, that decides your fate on missions offerings, is based on average buy in (I play mostly $3’s and $4’s), but does not take into account how many you play, and I wonder if your current or average balance could be a factor as well, as I pretty much always have $200 or less in the site as I’ll either deposit or withdraw as needed.

I responded with a suggestion that they simply let us choose. I suggested 3 separate missions based on which tier you want to go for. 15-50 for the bottom one, 50-125 for middle, and 50-500 for top. I get that they probably don’t want to offer everyone a single 500 point Madison, because you’d only need to do that one to make the bottom freeroll. But they could have tiered missions that only count towards a certain tier. (But still award the fpp’s should someone want to play something just for those)

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

Unfortunately, they probably aren’t listening to reason, or suggestions. It might be best on their end to just scrap the rewards system entirely (if it is indeed losing them money, because this new system just makes people considering this thread is still alive and active) and lower rake .2% or something in the GPP’s. Obviously, with a “hey spend all the FPP’s you’ve earned in the next month” kind of disclaimer, but still.

However, despite all of this crappy stuff, there probably are still some people who are making this new system work, so that wouldn’t be fair to them, either… and even if those people don’t actually exist, DK can pretend and say they do, and we just have to accept it as truth.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).