INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• tysim19

I see they are really digging deep with the 3% off 27 dollar entries. What a steal! In all seriousness they do not really owe us anything, but I think they could have done a lot better with this promotion.

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

I think this is a great promo, anytime we can get some help with rake, I think it’s something to take advantage of. They didn’t have to do anything.

• tysim19

I concur. What I am saying is I think that if they expanded it even more, they would see entries skyrocket tomorrow and be in the same place if not better off

• gobluetjg91

The deals are lame.

• tclii85

• BreakingBacon

I’m amazed they didn’t have any sales on the HDTV s.

• sutogame

@stevietpfl said...

I think this is a great promo, anytime we can get some help with rake, I think it’s something to take advantage of. They didn’t have to do anything.

Buying 10 sharpshooter tickets and not even getting one for free is a pathetic promo.
    Can you please clarify how this is a great promo.

You have to go upwards of 20 entries per contest to remotely get some for free and this is the lowest buy-in.

Oh yeah did anybody else enjoy the great free rolls on thanksgiving? I didn’t b/c there weren’t any.

Draftkings has gotten a ton of money from people that cannot play on fanduel in the last 7 days and this is what they give in return lol.

• MRCOOKONUTS

I took it more as an intentional Black Friday” joke what they did..
    I think it was meant to be comedic but at the same time still offering a little savings..

• JSteele

I agree, I thought it was hilarious.

• depalma13

It would have been a much better promotion if they gave you a 50% off the price of one player.

• cAUmberlandtiger8

@gobluetjg91 said...

The deals are lame.

Agreed. I wish they would have not done anything

• Felder15

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, people. Thank you DK!

• einars

@gobluetjg91 said...

The deals are lame.

yeah i hate free money too

• edro990

Further proof that no matter what the sites do, someone will bitch about it. SMH………..

• NGJSkillz

only problem i have is it says “for all players”, but it doesn’t offer any NFL discounts.

• tysim19

This was not meant to turn into “bash DK” thread, and I thought I made that pretty clear from the OP. All I am am saying is I think if they made the promo bigger they could have actually made more money.

• btwice80

@gobluetjg91 said...

The deals are lame.

My god, people are pathetic. In what universe are $250k GPPs with only 6.5% rake (Sharpshooter) and 7.5% rake (Crossover) lame?

You’re literally getting 50% off rake in the Sharpshooter. Unbelievable that people complain about it.

• einars

@NGJSkillz said...

only problem i have is it says “for all players”, but it doesn’t offer any NFL discounts.

how many nfl contests are going on today?

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@sutogame said...

Buying 10 sharpshooter tickets and not even getting one for free is a pathetic promo.
    Can you please clarify how this is a great promo.

You have to go upwards of 20 entries per contest to remotely get some for free and this is the lowest buy-in.

Oh yeah did anybody else enjoy the great free rolls on thanksgiving? I didn’t b/c there weren’t any.

Draftkings has gotten a ton of money from people that cannot play on fanduel in the last 7 days and this is what they give in return lol.

DraftKings wasn’t required to give anyone a darn thing here.

If I got offered to enter a $3 contest for $3 or for $2.79, I think I would much rather enter for $2.79.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

This thread makes me sad. It really does.

• tysim19

@bhdevault said...

This thread makes me sad. It really does.

You are missing the point. I am not complaining about a site giving me free stuff. I am arguing that from that site’s standpoint this seems like something they threw together in five minutes. What I’m saying is that they could have potentially done some really cool stuff with this promo but they did not.

• Olhausen

@gobluetjg91 said...

The deals are lame.

So are people who aren’t thankful for the deals.

• btwice80

@tysim19 said...

You are missing the point. I am not complaining about a site giving me free stuff. I am arguing that from that site’s standpoint this seems like something they threw together in five minutes. What I’m saying is that they could have potentially done some really cool stuff with this promo but they did not.

It wasn’t thrown together in five minutes; they did the same thing last year.

What are some examples of really cool stuff they could have done?

You do understand they cut your rake in half, right?

• NGJSkillz

@einars said...

how many nfl contests are going on today?

google it, but you know what i meant, right? exactly.

• Myballzachertz

@NGJSkillz said...

google it, but you know what i meant, right? exactly.

He’s the resident douche on here don’t mind him

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Damn you, DK for making me pay less for my entries!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).