INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• cedric19

11.9% to 12.9%, matching Fanduel’s increases. Contemplating sitting it all out until football season

• deactivated84892

Why not play 50/50’s?

• yeahthisiscuddy

@gundacker said...

Why not play 50/50’s?

They don’t offer large field 50/50s anymore. The volatility might be worth the rake savings now though.

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

Wow that’s atrocious. People need to speak with their money….but wont…

• bzsports4

This is so annoying. Good thing we have missions, flash bonus and “free arcades” though, right draftkings?

• CJtheGrump

@Galante118 said...

Wow that’s atrocious. People need to speak with their money….but wont…

Two problems with speaking with your money: You’re saying no to something you actually like doing and the drop in sales will never be interpreted correctly and the thing will just end up going away. You have to have a meaningful way to express why you’re not spending your money there anymore.

Are regulations the solution? Cap site rakes for cash games at 10%?

The increase in rake on double ups doesn’t bother me, but perhaps you just accomplish it with a slightly larger field size. Smaller double ups usually have 23 entrants with 10 winners. Why not just go with 25 entrants? I like the double ups because it’s actually twice as much money when you cash, but maybe 50/50s is the better way to go.

• Sax0

Don’t think it is just the Double Up’s. I’m entered into 10x booster and Super Booster contests, and noticed the field slightly larger with same payouts:

$5 10x booster (Top 5 Win) tournament with 58 entries, last night it was 57
    $5 10x booster (Top 3 Win) tournament with 35 entries, last night it was 34
    $5 Super Booster (Top 30 Win) tournament with 705 entries, last night it was 690

• Jaredmlevitt

The increased rake sucks, but how do you think DK and FD are paying legal fees to get DFS to be legal? If it’s means extra rake, I’m for it to still have the right to play. This constant complaining about rake is ridiculous.

• Immaculate

Rake for lower-entry GPP’s went up today also: $2 Flare, $3 Deep Moonshot, $3 Moonshot and $3 Slider went from 13% to 15%. $9 Hot Corner and $33 Fastball went from 13.0% to 13.5%. No change on the higher-entry GPP’s. Will they be next? Curious timing, given the expected vote in NY chambers today.

• MrFantasy

@Jaredmlevitt said...

The increased rake sucks, but how do you think DK and FD are paying legal fees to get DFS to be legal? If it’s means extra rake, I’m for it to still have the right to play. This constant complaining about rake is ridiculous.

The right to play is getting expensive for both winners and losers.

• Immaculate

It only depends on where your tipping point is: 17%, 20%, 35%, 50%, 75%, 95% ? At some point, even you will be able to see that everyone is getting robbed.

• deejones49

We need a players union

• donkshow

RG Overall Ranking

I have no idea why people play the large-field MLB DU’s. They are awful. The cash line for the $5 Double-Up is usually within 5-10 points of the Moonshot. You have to put up such an elite score in these DU’s nowadays that you are better off throwing your DU train in the GPP’s for a similar cash line with extreme upside.

• Dooks

@donkshow said...

I have no idea why people play the large-field MLB DU’s. They are awful. The cash line for the $5 Double-Up is usually within 5-10 points of the Moonshot. You have to put up such an elite score in these DU’s nowadays that you are better off throwing your DU train in the GPP’s for a similar cash line with extreme upside.

Couldn’t agree more. I have been saying this for months. Cash line in DUs and 50/50s is almost the same as GPPs now. Why play DUs and 50/50s?? If your team goes off, you win double your money. If it goes off in GPP, you make a big score. If your team just does so-so and min cashes in a GPP, its the same payout as a DU or 50/50.

• ThatStunna

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@CJtheGrump said...

Two problems with speaking with your money: You’re saying no to something you actually like doing and the drop in sales will never be interpreted correctly and the thing will just end up going away. You have to have a meaningful way to express why you’re not spending your money there anymore.

Perhaps they could send an email to support explaining their reasoning?

DraftKings is being pretty obnoxious though; they upped the rake when they could just make the super booster larger and increase the payout proportionally on 12+ game slates like tonight. Their tournament sizing seems odd in general; they didn’t quite fill the deep moonshot one day and then it’s cut in half, even tonight. GPPs that don’t quite fill from time to time are a way to reward loyal players. For the deep moonshot specifically, I tend to think that 2x rake on 6/7 days and no rake on one day is larger than 1x rake 7 days a week; cutting a tournament in half is just weird.

I can’t blame them for not talking on the forums though, as it would be kinda Ides of March. Reaching out to loyal players would be a nice gesture though.

As far as the boosters sucking goes, maybe people could join some leagues instead. A player would have about as much fun in a top 10% league as in a 10x booster, and they won’t lose as much money to the rake.

• cedric19

@gundacker said...

Why not play 50/50’s?

Very few of them compared to the double ups and the 50/50s on Fanduel

• noddy

right now in my $3 double up the cash line is 55 while in the moonshot it is 85. That’s a pretty big difference

• slcseas

Milking her til she’s dry. Keep up the good work sites, and don’t rest until you’ve killed your own product.

• jecarl2

I just noticed the change in the $5 single entry 50/50…now out of 114. Removing myself thankyou very much

• jecarl2

Couldnt’ agree more w/Donk. There have been several nights that I cash in GPPS but not the 50/50’s. Im pretty much done with them

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Jaredmlevitt said...

From the overly high rake they are charging?

• awesemo

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Is anyone even making money in these large field double ups to begin with?

• bighop04

@jecarl2 said...

I just noticed the change in the $5 single entry 50/50…now out of 114. Removing myself thankyou very much

Its fairly hilarious that it took a post on here for a lot of people to notice anything. There were $1 double ups for at least the last week that were paying top 50 and it was out of 117, now that was crazy. 1% increased rake just means you need to be better than another 1% of the field. Unfortunately the way DFS is heading, the easiest it will be is right now, its only getting more difficult.

• jecarl2

Sorry i dont dabble in the $1 50/50 where all these so called pros play

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Rake is ALWAYS going to go up, just wait till they go public and are forced to squeeze every cent from customers pockets

• noddy

Has rake been going up at the smaller sites like Aces, Feud, and Fantasy Draft also? Or is it just DK right now?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.