INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• bigez952

Today is the opening day of the MLB and I have just notice that Draftkings is rolling out a new season long promo called big league achievements rewarding players for playing everyday and entering different types of contest. It is an interesting way to get people to play and I am really curious to know what the requirements are to get level 8 in some of the categories that they are offering 333,333 extra FPP’s when you get there. It won’t change what I play this season but since I played every day last year I should be pick up many of these without doing anything extra so I can’t complain.

EDIT : Contest running tonight for the leagues promotion to get the extra 2250 FPP’s (4/13)

With the Draftkings new MLB big league achievements one of the ways to earn bonus FPP’s is playing in league contests. The level 8 achievement is to play in a 100 person league contest which if you participate you will clear all levels at once and get up up 2250 FPP’s if you still have all 8 levels available. 2250 FPP’s is worth $4 in tickets and gets you an entry to the Gold freeroll for earning 2000+ for the month of April.

Since you can only get this bonus once per season tonight might be the last chance to clear all 8 levels for the max FPP’s as these will be harder to fill once most people already have got this bonus.

Post your DK username below if you want to get in and I will send an invite.

• jdubadubs

If you look in the terms and conditions it lists out the requirements for each tier (link on bottom of that promo page). For example, you need 50,000 home runs for the top level “heavy hitter” promo

• bigez952

@jdubadubs said...

If you look in the terms and conditions it lists out the requirements for each tier (link on bottom of that promo page). For example, you need 50,000 home runs for the top level “heavy hitter” promo

Thanks I missed that part. So my one lineup a day playing for 180 days or so won’t cut it unless I can average 278 homers a day. I figured the top levels would be impossible for anyone not playing 150+ lineups a day.

That being said I should have a shot at the level 8 Ironman bonus for playing 180 days since I did that last year. I will take the extra 25,000 there and if it applies to the monthly earned it would be a free entry into the Diamond free roll. Unless they move those levels way up knowing that people will be getting many more FPP’s through this promotion.

• TheRyanFlaherty

That’s cool. I hadn’t seen this. I may have to make sure I play a lineup everyday, assuming the cheaper ones I play count.

I’m also assuming you don’t have to click through the “play now” button like the missions? Since you wouldn’t be able to click each task anyway…I dunno…I’m hoping not because I didn’t see it until after today’s contests.

• deadphish

anybody running a league on dk with mlb contests?

• DefinitelyMiami

@deadphish said...

anybody running a league on dk with mlb contests?

c0uld we d0 a QA league?

• lpdev

I’m also interested in a low stakes league to get those extra daily FPPs.

• hautalak

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I’m also assuming you don’t have to click through the “play now” button like the missions? Since you wouldn’t be able to click each task anyway…I dunno…I’m hoping not because I didn’t see it until after today’s contests.

Did anybody confirm this? I want to keep playing MLB (I do anyway) but this gives me a little more incentive. I like quarters though not $3 haha

• wilsonda1

Anybody got a league then can send me an invite for – username wilsonda1

thanks

• wilsonda1

lpdev any info on a low stakes league? I need an invite please wilsonda1 is DK unsername
    thanks !

• qatman

If anyone wants to set up a league, I’m in. I think the minimum contest size you can create is $1, so optimally you would have a 100 person contest at $1 each (can probably do 50/50). That would push through all the tiers.

Also if anyone wants to send me $1 h2h for the daily private challenges, feel free to send to ‘qatman’. I play most early and late slates, but typically not the full ones. I will accept a few out of goodwill.

• 2Slik

Now if we can get DK to slip and have a 150 entry $.25 game it’s on!

($37.5 in for $45.45 of FPP’s)

Unfortunately I believe only their $5 and ups are 150 Max.

• yisman

@qatman said...

If anyone wants to set up a league, I’m in. I think the minimum contest size you can create is $1, so optimally you would have a 100 person contest at $1 each (can probably do 50/50). That would push through all the tiers.

Also if anyone wants to send me $1 h2h for the daily private challenges, feel free to send to ‘qatman’. I play most early and late slates, but typically not the full ones. I will accept a few out of goodwill.

thanks for playing today and yesterday

I’d like to keep playing every day as it counts for the achievement

if no one else does it, maybe I’ll set up a league next week

problem is sizing the contest. If not big enough, people get left out, and if it’s too big, it doesn’t fill and we don’t get credit.

so maybe people should just post HTHs in the league and others will accept them, etc.

• qatman

@yisman said...

thanks for playing today and yesterday

I’d like to keep playing every day as it counts for the achievement

if no one else does it, maybe I’ll set up a league next week

problem is sizing the contest. If not big enough, people get left out, and if it’s too big, it doesn’t fill and we don’t get credit.

so maybe people should just post HTHs in the league and others will accept them, etc.

Yep, I’m happy to do $1 h2h every day for the daily FPPs. The last achievement is playing in a league with 100 people, although that’s a one-time 500 FPP bonus. It’s probably easiest to join an existing league somewhere (e.g. RG golf forum league) and try to get that to run there.

I screwed up yesterday and thought the showdown scoring was the same as arcade (where pitchers are worth less), so faded both pitchers in the SF/LA game. Bummer because I would have taken Blach and cashed. Live and learn!

• gbeau3234

If anybody set up a low stake league I am interested. I set one up up but don’t have too many contacts. Let me know I will send an invitation and I have it set up so everyone can invite people until we hit 100 members

• bigez952

@qatman said...

(e.g. RG golf forum league) and try to get that to run there.

There is a chance in that league since I play over there in the $1 happy meal which fills at 100 people every week. Not sure how many in that league are like me though and also play MLB.

• hautalak

@bigez952 said...

There is a chance in that league since I play over there in the $1 happy meal which fills at 100 people every week. Not sure how many in that league are like me though and also play MLB.

I play that as well. We shouldn’t have a problem getting it to 100 if we tell everybody why. I would guess close to half also play baseball. Just need to get BIF involved and the people will follow lol

• bigez952

@hautalak said...

I play that as well. We shouldn’t have a problem getting it to 100 if we tell everybody why. I would guess close to half also play baseball. Just need to get BIF involved and the people will follow lol

$1 50/50 100 player contest for 500 FPP’s (which is worth $1) wouldn’t be a bad deal and if everyone knew it was pretty much a $100 free roll it should be able to fill.

• hautalak

@bigez952 said...

$1 50/50 100 player contest for 500 FPP’s (which is worth $1) wouldn’t be a bad deal and if everyone knew it was pretty much a $100 free roll it should be able to fill.

Yeah we would just have to explain why it’s for 100 people. But like you said I think most play more than PGA.

• Taterchipdip

I saw this new MLB FPP thing. Its looks good to me, even if over 2000 FPPS is only worth about $4.00. The more you play at least it cuts into the rake a little.

• hautalak

We used a league last year for some contests but it only has like 48 people. Here’s the link (https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/eabxysy8/contests/upcoming). Hopefully that works. I’ll setup a $1 50/50 like you said. Doubt it fills today but will give it a try.

• bigez952

@hautalak said...

We used a league last year for some contests but it only has like 48 people. Here’s the link (https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/eabxysy8/contests/upcoming). Hopefully that works. I’ll setup a $1 50/50 like you said. Doubt it fills today but will give it a try.

That link just brings me to the DK league home page. If you want you can send me an invite to your league and I will jump into today’s contest. My username over there is the same as here : bigez952

• yisman

I believe the only way to get into a league is to be invited.

My username is yisman15 if anyone wants to invite me to the golf league or the one hautalak mentioned so we can try for a 100 person contest.

FYI, RG has an NHL league I’m in with 168. We could try that if it’s a better bet than golf.

• hautalak

Sorry about that. I’ll invite you guys though but there were no takers anyway haha

• rvnfn77

@hautalak said...

I’d be interested also invite me I’ll join

• DefinitelyMiami

hautalak
    Thanks for the invite (and effort to make this happen) Group has approx 54 members now.
    If you need help adding members I can help

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler