MAIN FORUM

Comments

• RFK213

Does anyone know what’s going on with the NBA payouts from last night.

• tcmitch1

Was wondering the same thing. I have not been credited with my winnings either. Shows that the contest is still live…
    They’ve never taken this long.

• RFK213

They have I just don’t like that there not responding to me I emailed them 3 hours ago and still no response, that I have never had happen before, I mean they should at least get back to you

• RFK213

Just got credited money so I assume you did to buddy, have a good one

• louislipps

Yeah, it’s in there….but the stat corrections BRUTALIZED me yesterday. Went from winning $875 for eighth place in the NBA $120K Four Point Play to $500 for 13th. Must’ve been a Boban block that wasn’t a block? I could have sworn he was at 31 a full hour after that game was over. SUCKS. Does anybody know how those corrections work? What the process is?

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

Yeah, it’s in there….but the stat corrections BRUTALIZED me yesterday. Went from winning $875 for eighth place in the NBA $120K Four Point Play to $500 for 13th. Must’ve been a Boban block that wasn’t a block? I could have sworn he was at 31 a full hour after that game was over. SUCKS. Does anybody know how those corrections work? What the process is?

We have quoted our Rules & Scoring policies for you below, we hope this explains the difference between scoring during the live sweat while the contest is underway, and the official scoring that occurs after the contest is complete. Our live scoring is for your enjoyment as your sweating the game, but we do not pay out winners until all contest results are finalized and live scoring has been verified and reconciled. Occasionally the live stats data feed from our third party stat providers may miss a point, but we will solve that for our players before the contest results are finalized by assuring our scoring matches the official scoring.

https://www.draftkings.com/help/rules/overview

Scoring and Payouts
    Live scoring updates are strictly for the enjoyment of DraftKings customers. DraftKings’ official scoring validation process begins once all games within the contest are final. This process ensures that DraftKings scoring matches official stat providers when contest results are finalized and paid out.

Once contests are finalized, a contest status will update to “Completed”, and that contest will move from the “Live Games” section to the “Completed Games” section on the My Contests page.

On occasion, official scorers may issue a stat-correction after games have ended and the official scoring validation process has completed. These corrections are rare, but can occur days after a game is played. Therefore, any changes to official scoring that occur after contests have been finalized will not impact those finalized contests. Conversely, if a correction needs to be made after contests are finalized due to a bug with the data feed or the finalization process, while extremely rare, the finalization process (including payment) may be reversed and redone correctly.

Note: The official scoring validation process is solely to ensure that DraftKings contest results are determined based on official scoring. Delays during this process may occur as a result of data collection or other technical difficulties. DraftKings will not attempt to make judgements on scoring rulings.

p.- DraftKings Community Team

• Makisupa

• x3

2015 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2013 StarStreet NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@DraftKings_CM said...

Occasionally the live stats data feed from our third party stat providers may miss a point, but we will solve that for our players before the contest results are finalized by assuring our scoring matches the official scoring.

Your stats are severely off every single night. Literally every single night. It’s a nightly ritual to compare your whack stats with Yahoo.com to determine how much my winnings will change. It’s an embarrassment that the supposed industry leader pays for a 3rd rate stat feed.

• madmanjayWV

We can’t have it all!

So was it a blocked shot that was the difference…there’s no greater sweat in DFS than a DK scoring change late night style.

• Srmustangs

The scoring changes are way worse than last year. Last night I was cashing in the two main NBA contests I was in comfortably about 1500 or so places inside the cut line. Go to bed wake up and see no winnings email. Look and 5 pts got lopped off my lineup dropping me out of cash. I get it there will be some once in a while but this year its everyday. and there are many nightly. Even in hockey. Ruins the whole live sweat experience. I get the legalese put out there but what irks me the most is yahoo sports always has it right. At end of game I go there once in a while to see what the impending stat correction will be. My question is why are they correct 99% of the time where the provider you use is rarely right until hours after a game. At 15 16 percent rake you figure we would get as clean of an experience as possible.

• flip4flop

Careful now, we will get that instant live scoring and the rake will be 25%. I’ll take the lower rake and stat corrections

• Makisupa

• x3

2015 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2013 StarStreet NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Srmustangs said...

yahoo sports always has it right

You know who else has it right? Fanduel, BBM, and every other site I’ve ever encountered. It’s an unreal joke that DK won’t pay for the official feed. They chirp about how important the user experience is and then every day make people wait 30 minutes after the games end to figure out if they won or not.

• DraftKings_CM

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself what is more important, the stats being correct when the payouts occur, or the stats being correct throughout the game.

This is how we see it. What matters is the accuracy of the stats when payouts occur.

- DraftKings Community Team

• hcassidy

@DraftKings_CM said...

Your stats are severely off every single night. Literally every single night. It’s a nightly ritual to compare your whack stats with Yahoo.com to determine how much my winnings will change. It’s an embarrassment that the supposed industry leader pays for a 3rd rate stat feed.

My question is why are they correct 99% of the time where the provider you use is rarely right until hours after a game.

It might surprise you to learn that all of the sites mentioned above use the same stats feed that DraftKings uses, there is no difference, if we experience a delay before the official stats are reconciled then our competitors have to experience the same delay.

We all use STATS Inc – which is also the official stats provider for the NBA. It’s the same exact experience, the official scoring validation process begins once all games within the contest are final. This process ensures that DraftKings scoring matches the official scoring when contest results are finalized and paid out.

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself what is more important, the stats being correct when the payouts occur, or the stats being correct throughout the game.

This is how we see it. What matters is the accuracy of the stats when payouts occur.

Are you sure? So you use OPTA for everything? That explainse the worst ever explanation. Because on EPL, EUfa, and what not slates you never have the right lineups! and I have called it out multiple times

• DraftKings_CM

There was no mention of OPTA, EPL, UEFA , or soccer in our response or elsewhere in this thread, we were only discussing basketball payouts and stats.

As stated above we use STATS Inc for NBA which is also what I believe some of our competitors use (Steven is writing this post). We use RotoWire for EPL and UEFA lineups, and OPTA for live EPL and UEFA stats.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.