INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Just starting this thread as the old thread is sort of off topic. We are past that first drop now and these are pretty exciting.

Now if I could just get something under 15,000 place in line to get one!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I’m very curious for Osaka. First, has DK adjusted anything or do they not care? Second, what’s the demand for Osaka? Gretzky was kind of popular, but nothing compared to Brady. It had to be expected, as football is more popular than hockey, Brady was the first one and Autograph was co-founded by him.

Brady and Gretzky can both be considered GOAT of their sport. Their sports are popular in real life, but also in DFS.

Osaka, on the other hand, plays tennis and isn’t even the best right now. I’d say Serena Williams is the female tennis GOAT. I assume DFS is mainly a man thing, too. I don’t know how many fans Osaka has in the DFS community. I’ll try every drop anyway, but I’m curious!

• emnj69

@Felixxberg said...

I’m very curious for Osaka. First, has DK adjusted anything or do they not care? Second, what’s the demand for Osaka? Gretzky was kind of popular, but nothing compared to Brady. It had to be expected, as football is more popular than hockey, Brady was the first one and Autograph was co-founded by him.

Brady and Gretzky can both be considered GOAT of their sport. Their sports are popular in real life, but also in DFS.

Osaka, on the other hand, plays tennis and isn’t even the best right now. I’d say Serena Williams is the female tennis GOAT. I assume DFS is mainly a man thing, too. I don’t know how many fans Osaka has in the DFS community. I’ll try every drop anyway, but I’m curious!

I have ZERO interest in Osaka and cant see there being a huge secondary market and if there is I am okay missing out and I certainly dont want one for my collection. I am waiting for Jeter that is the one I want and Tiger is Tiger so I will go for them too.

• thedkexperience

@emnj69 said...

I have ZERO interest in Osaka and cant see there being a huge secondary market and if there is I am okay missing out and I certainly dont want one for my collection. I am waiting for Jeter that is the one I want and Tiger is Tiger so I will go for them too.

Honestly I’m gonna try all of them but the one I’m most interested in is probably The Rock. Wrestling collectors are next level insane.

• Felixxberg

@thedkexperience said...

Honestly I’m gonna try all of them but the one I’m most interested in is probably The Rock.

Did they announce it or you are hoping it happens?

• Felixxberg

@emnj69 said...

I am waiting for Jeter that is the one I want and Tiger is Tiger so I will go for them too.

Tony Hawk is a legend too. I know skateboard isn’t the most popular sport, but still. Reminds me of my young Tony Hawk Pro Skater days!

• Felixxberg

I got one. It sells for $20 now. I expected to be low, but $20??

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

Osaka is not even a top 20 all time WTA player and became notable due to social issues.

Certainly a marked change from Gretzky and Brady.

If it were based on her actual tennis success, only tennis fans would be aware of her, certainly nothing in the main stream.

I joined the drop anyway and missed.

I have still maintained my clean sheet of joining every queue early and never being afforded the opportunity to purchase one.

• yisman

@emnj69 said...

they should have a policy that once u get one you are done for each drop -it would also be good but anticapitalistic to say u must hold for a certain period of time after buying.

I agree with both points.

There should be a ‘cooldown’ on each account. Once you score a drop, you’re done for the day. Once you secure one of them, you have to wait to list it for sale.

That would discourage all the bots and super-users who have zero interest in the stuff. I’ve heard RG personalities brag about getting in the queue and immediately flipping.

Sadly, I’m not a bot or a super-user. I am legitimately interested in NFTs and have a variety of them, although I never have any luck when it comes to securing the ‘good’ drops.

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

I got one. It sells for $20 now. I expected to be low, but $20??

Already up to $40. Makes much more sense.

• Felixxberg

@yisman said...

Once you score a drop, you’re done for the day.

People wouldn’t try the cheap ones though! But I’d be okay with a one day wait before selling or something like that.

The NFT I can’t wait for is Pokemon. Pokemon Go was a huge success, and I expect solid potential for Pokemon NFT. Maybe it’s just because I lived the Pokemon mania as a 7 year old kid!

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

People wouldn’t try the cheap ones though! But I’d be okay with a one day wait before selling or something like that.

The NFT I can’t wait for is Pokemon. Pokemon Go was a huge success, and I expect solid potential for Pokemon NFT. Maybe it’s just because I lived the Pokemon mania as a 7 year old kid!

I would still do the cheap ones even if landing one meant I’m done for the day.

It would necessitate changing the number produced, perhaps.

DK will never do anything that will decrease demand, so they will continue to allow the bots to grab and flip everything.

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

Tony Hawk is a legend too. I know skateboard isn’t the most popular sport, but still. Reminds me of my young Tony Hawk Pro Skater days!

He’s selling skateboards with some of his blood on them. Limited edition, $500 apiece.

• thedkexperience

@Felixxberg said...

Did they announce it or you are hoping it happens?

Pure on hopium. Nothing announced or even hinted at.

Actually the more I think about it due to recent events I’d probably rather have a CM Punk NFT.

• Felixxberg

Got it again! I thought there would be a lot less people than Gretzky (couldn’t do Brady as I’m Canadian), but one of my friends was 12Kth on the list for the second one. I obviously would have preferred to get Gretzky during drops instead of buying them, but I’m still happy I got them! 5 cards in the portfolio now!

Got numbers 4599 and 927. No idea if those mean anything.

• Felixxberg

People are crazy, selling a $25 card for $36 with a 15% rake.

• osuryanf

Just got 310/1500 on the $50… not bad… curious to see what the market for it is

• bigez952

Looks like the demand for these things have dropped off a cliff already as people are pretty much selling to break even at for these latest ones.

• Felixxberg

Bradys are going up, Gretzkys are going down, Osakas are a joke at this point.

• Felixxberg

@bigez952 said...

Looks like the demand for these things have dropped off a cliff already as people are pretty much selling to break even at for these latest ones.

Yep. All 5 of mine are on sale, but only 2 for a break even (including the rake). If someone buys one of my other 3, I’ll be happy with the profit. The only reason I’m selling 2 for a break even higher than the actual market price is just in case someone wants those numbers or misclicks for whatever reason. If it happens, I’ll probably buy a new one at the current market price. If the market goes up to match my break even price, I’m removing them from sale as soon as I see it and I’ll wait for it to go even higher. No need to sell at the lowest price. My goal is to have enough of them to be able to sell some and keep at least one for many years in case something happens and the market goes up.

I assume Brady will want to promote his NFT company, and we’re in a dead DFS season right now. I expect prices to go up when football starts again, and in a few years, when DK is available in Asia, that should also help a lot. Maybe I’m dreaming.

• bigez952

@Felixxberg said...

Yep. All 5 of mine are on sale, but only 2 for a break even (including the rake). If someone buys one of my other 3, I’ll be happy with the profit. The only reason I’m selling 2 for a break even higher than the actual market price is just in case someone wants those numbers or misclicks for whatever reason. If it happens, I’ll probably buy a new one at the current market price. If the market goes up to match my break even price, I’m removing them from sale as soon as I see it and I’ll wait for it to go even higher. No need to sell at the lowest price. My goal is to have enough of them to be able to sell some and keep at least one for many years in case something happens and the market goes up.

I assume Brady will want to promote his NFT company, and we’re in a dead DFS season right now. I expect prices to go up when football starts again, and in a few years, when DK is available in Asia, that should also help a lot. Maybe I’m dreaming.

After failing on every drop I finally got the $50 Osaka one. Disappointing to see it’s really worth nothing as I really have no interest in holding it. Oh well I knew I wouldn’t get a chance to buy one until they have no resale value.

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

Finally snagged one, #247/5000 so I’m pretty happy. Couldn’t care less about what it would sell for. I personally believe any of the #/5000 or #/2500 will be lucky to top x2-x3 value (regardless of the athlete) once the NFT market further stabilizes on DK.

• Felixxberg

Got another one!

@bigez952: I feel the same. I have been a hockey player/watcher/bettor for pretty much all my life, so I really hoped for a Gretzky card. I didn’t really care about Osaka, but figured I’d participate anyway. I got lucky in 0/10 Gretzkys, and now I have 3/4 Osakas. I guess I’ll take it. Pretty happy with the blue one!

@tgowen: Yeah at this point the number of cards won’t move, so only the number of people involved can change. I’ll keep mine for now except if I sell them over the market price, as I explained in my previous post.

• yisman

Aside from Seles, Serena, and Graf, I’d also rather have a Kournikova than an Osaka.

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

Just as a side note, I would really like to see the NFT aspect on DK expand to allow for bids/offers. It would give more power to buyers to impact the value of NFT’s instead of giving complete power to the seller.

• osuryanf

Noticed something cool about my Osaka #310…. She lives in Beverly Hills which has an area code of 310… not sure if it adds much value but makes it a little more neat to own.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).