After a lengthy amount of time spent sourcing research insights from the community to improve our DFS Soccer experience, we’re excited to announce key scoring improvements that will be rolling out effective August 3. The Soccer rules page has been updated to reflect the changes: https://www.draftkings.com/help/rules/soc
Showdown Scoring Changes
- Captain position added: Draft a captain to lead your fantasy lineup. Captains cost 1.5x salary, while scoring 1.5x fantasy points.
- Scoring standardizations: Showdown scoring is now aligned with classic scoring for easier play across game styles.
- To simplify gameplay between Classic and Showdown, we’ve removed positional-based scoring for goals & assists
- Remove missed penalty kick deduction: You won’t be penalized if a player in your lineup misses a PK
- New stat categories: Just as you would in Showdown mode, you can now earn points for assisted shot, accurate pass, shootout goals, misses and saves (assisted shot is a final pass from which a shot on goal is taken. accurate pass is an intentionally played ball from one player to another.)
- Point reduction for Crosses: Every Cross will get you .7 points instead of .75 points
- Remove Missed Penalty Kick deduction: You won’t be penalized if a player in your lineup misses a PK
- Assisted Shot is now worth +1 across both game types
- Accurate Pass is now worth +0.02 across both game types
As always, DraftKings is committed to a continued effort of evaluating changes in order to change the game and improve the experience for all of our users.
- DraftKings Community Team