INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Ross

DraftKings Statement – 10/7

http://playbook.draftkings.com/uncategorized/draftkings-statement-1072015/ (Text below)

“As a leader in the Daily Fantasy Sports industry, we take the trust of our community very seriously and remain fiercely committed to the integrity of DraftKings’ Daily Fantasy Sports product.

Effectively immediately, DraftKings employees will be permanently prohibited from participation in any public daily fantasy games for money. We will also prohibit employees from any Daily Fantasy Sports contest operator from participating in games on DraftKings. We are glad to see that others in the industry have followed suit and believe that this is an important next step in retaining the trust of our players.

DraftKings has engaged a legal team from Greenberg Traurig, led by former United States Attorney John Pappalardo, to review our findings and conduct an investigation specific to the allegations against one of our employees. We will release the summary of those findings upon completion.

Furthermore, in order to maximize the integrity of our product and the protection of our players, we have been working with Greenberg Traurig to advise us on ensuring that our policies and practices are second to none.

DraftKings’ explosive growth is a testament to our ability to deepen our fans’ engagement with the sports they love. We are committed to reinforcing the trust and security of our millions of loyal customers.”

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

Looks oddly familiar.

• jakeupjohnson

Good week to be a former United States Attorney lol. Nothing will erase the fact DK and FD allowed a remarkable amount of risk to be created and realized simply so their couple dozen employees could get a DFS rush. Welcome to the real world.

• CDonaldson83

I am just wondering but who are considered Draftkings Employees? Does this mean the DK Pro’s?

• shockermandan

@RRT said...

We are glad to see that others in the industry have followed suit and believe that this is an important next step in retaining the trust of our players.

I’m confused by this. Based on the timeline, it seems like they are the ones “following suit”. I know that’s a dumb thing to harp on, but it seems like a cheesy way to act like they were the first to release a statement.

• maxeernst

@CDonaldson83 said...

Does this mean the DK Pro’s?

If it does, they quit today.

• Mindofigor

DK pros are not employees. It’s anybody on the payroll.

• CDonaldson83

Are the DK Pro’s not compensated for writing articles, etc? I would assume there not doing this for free?

• DailyLoser

@shockermandan said...

I’m confused by this. Based on the timeline, it seems like they are the ones “following suit”. I know that’s a dumb thing to harp on, but it seems like a cheesy way to act like they were the first to release a statement.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. They HAD to add this? Like theyre doing some sort of noble thing here by being first when seemingly they weren’t anyway.

• brekel1014

Im going long on the rest of my money, if I win Im cashing ASAP, cuz there probably aint gonna be a week 6, definitely 7, IMO or is it my congressmans?

• bobbyrogers46

Remember when I along with several others tried to guide this industry in a direction in which it respected the securities of the players? The changes these sites make are never proactive and always after the fact. There are so many more positive changes these sites can make in advance to show that they truly care about the trust of the players. Perhaps, learn from this issue and act in advance.

• stustwart

Wow really wow. Any one else have the sick feeling in there stomach that I had on black Friday? How long before a seized by the DOJ comes up when I load either site?

• smutpeddlers

@stustwart said...

Wow really wow. Any one else have the sick feeling in there stomach that I had on black Friday? How long before a seized by the DOJ comes up when I load either site?

I don’t think that’s going to happen because they have brought in, not only outside investigators, But they brought in outside investigators who have some type of political clout. They are taking the steps to try and ensure that does not happen.

• stustwart

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. Been keeping my mouth shut but think about it government getting involved. Even if its just state level it will snow ball. I definitely hope not. Hell I’m playing mlb tonight on both sites still. I figure hell this nonsense might give me an edge. Ya definitely have problems here.

• smutpeddlers

@stustwart said...

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. Been keeping my mouth shut but think about it government getting involved. Even if its just state level it will snow ball. I definitely hope not. Hell I’m playing mlb tonight on both sites still. I figure hell this nonsense might give me an edge. Ya definitely have problems here.

We will see but it would not be smart to let external people investigate you internally if your house was not in order and I’m not sure that could be accomplished in this short of a time period. I think the sky isn’t falling and they are making Huge steps to curb that from happening. We will see though and I’m not trying to argue just stating the other side of the argument. ( Trolls stay under your bridge please. (That is not in regards to you)

• stustwart

No worries my friend only like my 7th post of all time.

• DoughSavant

I have no idea if they cheated or not…. But I do know my ROI will skyrocket now.

• bigloser11

If FD is to be believed, they stated that they have paid out 2 Bill. $ of which DK employees won 6 mill. $.That is 0.3 %, about 1/3 of 1 %.It is still possible that ‘‘straw men’‘ could have had winnings as well from leaked info but that would be much harder to trace.If the 3/10 of 1 % is the actual number, the media explosion/frenzy is like reporting that a flea farted in Africa..

I worked 26 yrs. in the investigative arm of CT state govt,, tracing straw men is not easy..

I’m cutting and pasting this on the other site statement..jm

• MrSnuffleupagus

Can anyone tell me how we can stop an employee from giving his inside info to a friend ?

• MrSnuffleupagus

@stustwart said...

Stars was operating illegally. Kings is a company out of usa. No funds will be seized and will not go down like black Friday.

• MarkThaShark

Agree with mrsnuffleupagus……….LOL………..never even thought about that. All any employee has to do is give out the information to anyone they know and have them play for him. Literally NO way to stop that from happening and we’ll never know how much it is happening, let alone how much it has ALREADY been happening

• BobGrinder

Better late than never.

• PigskinSleepers

@bigloser11 said...

If FD is to be believed, they stated that they have paid out 2 Bill. $ of which DK employees won 6 mill. $.That is 0.3 %, about 1/3 of 1 %.It is still possible that ‘‘straw men’‘ could have had winnings as well from leaked info but that would be much harder to trace.If the 3/10 of 1 % is the actual number, the media explosion/frenzy is like reporting that a flea farted in Africa..

I worked 26 yrs. in the investigative arm of CT state govt,, tracing straw men is not easy..

I’m cutting and pasting this on the other site statement..jm

In your opinion, with your experience, isn’t it odd they were able to come up with the $6 million figure so quickly after the story broke without a deep and thorough investigation?

• hellokitty7

In my opinion, this does very little.

Until the sites can guarantee that it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone in their companies to be able to access rosters, and % of players owned, it does nothing to allay my concerns on this matter. It is simply far too easy or potentially tempting for someone with access to simply just give that information to someone else with an account…or be paid to do so by someone else.

I mean really….I don’t mean to be accusatory but am I to believe that this information hasn’t been shared before? That someone at one of these DFS sites hasn’t passed on some nuggets before a game to a buddy, to some insider, to someone else looking for an edge?

• MrFantasy

@Bschneidewind said...

In your opinion, with your experience, isn’t it odd they were able to come up with the $6 million figure so quickly after the story broke without a deep and thorough investigation?

It would take them 10 minutes to look up the DK employees accounts on FD and look at their gross winnings.

• realdeals

Great statement IMO from both. What do you guys want? The facts are there is no proof he cheated,,DK CEO states they have time stamps and all that. If you don’t believe it, why the F are you playing? The investigation will prove either way, but if you’re skeptical why play?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).