MAIN FORUM

Comments

• moonshiner

Just went public symbol DKNG and its at like $19.35 a share . I definitely think it will be a $100 stock in a few years just wondering though with sports on hold if anyone thinks it will go lower than $19 soon or just get in now and keep slowly buying .

• Tugglife2

I think it opened a bit high.

• MrBreeze

History of most IPO’s tells us you will have an opportunity after the first quarterly report to buy at a discount, I would target $14 if you are interested in buying and holding. YMMV

• yisman

DK website/app just crashed

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Can’t connect through desktop either

• yisman

@Unico10 said...

Can’t connect through desktop either

it’s the same issue. That’s why I said website/app.

http://status.draftkings.com/?sf233229132=1

• mizzoutigers48

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

I would be 100% shocked if this stock isn’t trading sub-$10 within 2-3 weeks.

• moonshiner

Cool I’ll wait to make initial large purchase hopefully it drops

• yisman

DK back up now

but I missed the contests I wanted to play :(

• MotownGreek

Until we get their first quarterly report as $DNKG or some SEC filings the future outlook is murky. Anyone throwing out a price target on $DKNG is just spit balling. If you’re looking at this stock as a quick way to make a buck, look elsewhere. If you’re new to investing, consider opening a Roth IRA and funding it monthly, quarterly, or annually and then investing in an index ETF for maximum exposure and minimal risk. Buying and choosing individual stocks is risky, and even riskier in smaller portfolios. Jumping on the $DKNG bandwagon right now is just gambling. As always, remember the old investment saying “time in the market is better than timing the market”

• Srmustangs

Congrats on the founders for hitting the massive jackpot. They had an idea and sold it hard and ran with it. I personally though would not be investing in this stock. This company has yet to turn a profit. They spend and spend and spend looking for the huge payoff that they think sports betting will give them. The competition will be fierce. The way DK innovated in the beginning of DFS I see other sports betting companies innovating better because they will not have to deal with the shareholders now. A betting exchange is what will lead to massive handle. DK with their wide odds, limiting winning bettors, and low limits will lead them to making small profit but not major profit unless they change their ways to actually help the size bettors who still play mostly offshore back to legalized betting. Relying on the small bettors and the squares will only yield so much profit. I would imagine also rake will now increase soon on the DFS side causing more and more sharps to drop out. Many I know don’t play anymore and have stopped their big action. I am shocked after all the funding that Robbins held so many shares. Congrats to him but I would imagine cashing out would be a wise move. Leave the late stage investors holding the bag as what usually happens. Moral of the story figure out a way to create a publicly traded company! $160 million in paper profits is not a bad way to wake up on a Friday morning!!

• moonshiner

Up pre market

• moonshiner

Looks like it’s settling at $23-$24

• getlucky4

I feel like everyone should invest in draftkings. Anyone that has been around since their beginning know that they are excellent at getting customers. Even if its just 1 share or whatever. I didnt invest in bitcoin when it was new and I regret it everyday. I believe in dfs and sports betting so just seems like a no brainer to me.

• daytonaduke

I’m in at $19 too. Holding until we hit $50, then selling a bit. This is going to be a $70 stock.

• daytonaduke

I’m in at $19. You missed the boat on this one!

• aquasition

Check out GMGI

• cheezpizza

@aquasition said...

Check out GMGI

This seems like a very intriguing prospect. Insanely cheap still, also.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Stock is flying. Where are all the naysayers now?

• aquasition

@cheezpizza said...

This seems like a very intriguing prospect. Insanely cheap still, also.

Yep!

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

@mizzoutigers48 said...

I would be 100% shocked if this stock isn’t trading sub-$10 within 2-3 weeks.

“Posted: 3 weeks ago”

Up 60% since then, and 200% since I jumped in when it was still trading under DEAC. <*Pats self on back unabashedly*

The market for sports betting is massive, and DK is good at what they do, why not throw some money at it? I probably live by this mantra a little too much in the market, but the worst case scenario can only cost me 100% of my investment, and the upside for a company like this is in a new sports-betting era feels like a whoooole lot more than +100%.

• bigez952

@KevinRothWx said...

“Posted: 3 weeks ago”

Up 60% since then, and 200% since I jumped in when it was still trading under DEAC.

The market for sports betting is massive, and DK is good at what they do, why not throw some money at it? I probably live by this mantra a little too much in the market, but the worst case scenario can only cost me 100% of my investment, and the upside for a company like this is in a new sports-betting era feels like a whoooole lot more than +100%.

I am regretting not getting into DK right away but I had a similar thought process of mizzoutigers that without sports Q1 results will be weak and you can buy it at a discount. As expected the earnings posted were worse than anyone projected yet the stock still went up by 15% that day.

Overall the market is in an odd place right now as we are in the middle of the global pandemic with record breaking unemployment and an economy on the verge of diving into the second great depression yet the market is running away going up everyday. I know the market is always thinking 6 months ahead and its awesome to see so much optimism and hope the worst is already behind us.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

The stock is trading on massive short interest so it’s going to be super volatile. The options market is implying huge moves on the stock from week to week.

It doesn’t really matter it missed earnings. The entire stock is trading on future prospects – like for example if sports betting will get legalized in all states.

• bigez952

@superstars92 said...

The stock is trading on massive short interest so it’s going to be super volatile. The options market is implying huge moves on the stock from week to week.

It doesn’t really matter it missed earnings. The entire stock is trading on future prospects – like for example if sports betting will get legalized in all states.

I 100% agree that this stock is being propped up nearly 100% of it’s future potential which is always a scary investment since if those future assumptions don’t hit like sports betting may be legalized with dumb rules and ultra high commissions so people still use the off shore sites. Eventually earnings will matter so they not only need states to legalize sports betting but they have to convert this into a large market share.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@bigez952 said...

I 100% agree that this stock is being propped up nearly 100% of it’s future potential which is always a scary investment since if those future assumptions don’t hit like sports betting may be legalized with dumb rules and ultra high commissions so people still use the off shore sites. Eventually earnings will matter so they not only need states to legalize sports betting but they have to convert this into a large market share.

Yea the thing is fundamentals sometimes take like 10+ years to play out. You can see it with Tesla. Everyone keeps saying its overvalued and some people even short it, but it doesn’t matter. It keeps going up.

The reason is because in the short term, supply/demand, short interest, and option gamma play the important roles. Now of course, if a company has terrible fundamentals, supply/demand will taper down, but that sometimes can take 10+ years. A lot of tech growth companies fit that mold.

For DKNG, if you believe sports betting will be legalized in all 50 states, this stock is an absolute must buy and hold long term at these levels. I think we could potentially see that down the road (at least more and more states will allow it), so that helps. Also a lot of big DK stakeholders have a ton of political power – such as Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft. Disney (which owns ESPN) also owns a chunk. In the short term, DKNG will be extremely volatile though. See the recent IPOs for example.

Also huge news in the overall stock market today. Moderna’s vaccine is showing incredible promise in phase 1. With a vaccine, the economy will have to open up no matter what (it’s like the lynchpin), and this is something both political sides (and most people) will agree on. Now we can open up even sooner of course, which is even better, but we won’t open up later than a reliable vaccine. There are a ton of companies who are in a race for the vaccine, and this antibody one is showing a ton of promise. FDA should be able to fast track the phase 1 vaccine to get it to phase 3.

• rvnfn77

What’s thoughts on price say 6 to 9 months from now? Thanks

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.